New trading system is coming soon!

"
Asmosis wrote:

People just don't realize if you make trading effortless, the pool of items you have access to increases exponentially.

I don't understand how the pool could grow that quickly. Assume that in 7 days, the pool has been multiplied by a factor of 10, then in 7 more days, it is factor 100 larger than it was before those 14 days? Is that what you are saying?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Auction house would be flooded with crap that no one really wants to buy.

Kind of like trade chat right now?

"
GGG wants us to play their game... not sit in a shop selling stuff.

I doubt GGG really cares how we play (outside of paying attention to emergent elements that highlight balance issues) as long as we do play, and do so within the boundaries of the terms of service. Plenty of people already spend their time as flippers instead of fighters.

I'd love to have searchable in-game shops that allow you to sell and instantly purchase items with buyouts. No haggle, no hassle. It would be like poe.xyz 2.0. There wouldn't be an auction house, but auctions or haggling could still take place in chat or on the forums.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
This change would severly change this game, to the worse...

What killed D3 was access to all items, whatever you wanted and the price to match it.
A huge part of the economy success in PoE is due to the fact you cant always get that specific item, and settles with other solutions, meaning a dynamic market instead of the static "I buy the best item on AH because I can".

I hope you really really put careful consideration in how you approach this type of idea and the solution to it.

If anyone remembers the success of Lineage 2's it economy was also due to the lack of AH or the equivalence of it.

Sure, make's life easier for the buyers to just pick whatever they want, but it kills the current dynamics of trading, finding deals, the need of immediate currency or gear, which sacrifices other parts of the trade to get that specific.

As soon as the whole community gets access to the whole market, both at the same time, this takes away it all... "Oh that's a good deal" Will never happen again.

Reconsider..
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
I don't mind that they haven't implemented the trade functions yet as they have been diligent in keeping us updated as to why it has been delayed...oh wait.

I can point you to a slightly more recent update:

"
Chris wrote:
I'm sorry about the lack of updates on this system. It's very likely that cross-instance trading is going to be finished earlier than other changes to the trade system. We're also looking at changes to the noticeboard to make both trading and questing easier. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at any time.

Mark's Post in that thread is still one of the most funniest and macabre I have seen xD

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at any time.

You... wouldn't happen to know where babies come from, would you?
I'm pretty sure you just find them on the Twilight Strand.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Naritzia wrote:

What killed D3 was access to all items, whatever you wanted and the price to match it.
A huge part of the economy success in PoE is due to the fact you cant always get that specific item, and settles with other solutions, meaning a dynamic market instead of the static "I buy the best item on AH because I can".

I hope you really really put careful consideration in how you approach this type of idea and the solution to it.

If anyone remembers the success of Lineage 2's it economy was also due to the lack of AH or the equivalence of it.

Sure, make's life easier for the buyers to just pick whatever they want, but it kills the current dynamics of trading, finding deals, the need of immediate currency or gear, which sacrifices other parts of the trade to get that specific.

As soon as the whole community gets access to the whole market, both at the same time, this takes away it all... "Oh that's a good deal" Will never happen again.

Reconsider..

Do you srsly think that spamming trade 1 2 3 for an hour is healthy for someone? I dont care about making deals, I want to forget that flippers even exist, that are bad and good deals, I just want to fkn sell my stuff and buy stuff for what is worth, and FOR GOD SAKE, play the game actually. This game shouldn't be a $%#$% trade tycoon.
Lineage 2 economy system? People having to sit a character in a town all day to sell something? YEAH so good, reminds me a little to this game, just a little.
I would put my vote in for an AFK shop system.
I used to play Dungeon Defenders where you had an option to set up a shop and do business. You could leave your shop open all night to sell gear, and I often did...
I think this would work well in PoE and would create a bazaar feel that fits with the lore...
"
Naritzia wrote:
TSure, make's life easier for the buyers to just pick whatever they want, but it kills the current dynamics of trading, finding deals, the need of immediate currency or gear, which sacrifices other parts of the trade to get that specific.

Because everyone loves the dynamics of spamming trade chat or trying to get in touch with people on poe.xyz? With an in-game buyout shop system, you'd still have to look for deals much in the same way that people look for deals on xyz right now. The biggest difference would be that you wouldn't have to wait around for the seller to appear online before you could buy something. If you wanted to haggle, you could still message a seller and see if they'd sell the item you want for a lower price.

The only problem I see with such a system is that it would make it really easy for people with lots of money to monopolize trades (moreso than they already do; whatever they want to snatch up would be a click away), but this could be prevented by limiting the number of b/o purchases you could make per day, maybe a maximum of 3. You could still search for items and message the sellers to buy them manually, but you'd be able to do it in-game instead of having to use poe.xyz.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
dovrak1 wrote:
"
Naritzia wrote:

Reconsider..

Do you srsly think that spamming trade 1 2 3 for an hour is healthy for someone? I dont care about making deals, I want to forget that flippers even exist, that are bad and good deals, I just want to fkn sell my stuff and buy stuff for what is worth, and FOR GOD SAKE, play the game actually. This game shouldn't be a $%#$% trade tycoon.
Lineage 2 economy system? People having to sit a character in a town all day to sell something? YEAH so good, reminds me a little to this game, just a little.

Your attitude and my own just proves what I said and makes the current system superior to the easy way out that a complete serverwide AH would be. Look at ESO for their solution, works really good without a failure as D3.

Putting up an AFK buy/sell-shop when you're not online in your own Hideout for example would be a nice addition.
Good for the Game =/= Good for the Player
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Tempada wrote:
"
Naritzia wrote:
TSure, make's life easier for the buyers to just pick whatever they want, but it kills the current dynamics of trading, finding deals, the need of immediate currency or gear, which sacrifices other parts of the trade to get that specific.

Because everyone loves the dynamics of spamming trade chat or trying to get in touch with people on poe.xyz? With an in-game buyout shop system, you'd still have to look for deals much in the same way that people look for deals on xyz right now. The biggest difference would be that you wouldn't have to wait around for the seller to appear online before you could buy something. If you wanted to haggle, you could still message a seller and see if they'd sell the item you want for a lower price.

The only problem I see with such a system is that it would make it really easy for people with lots of money to monopolize trades (moreso than they already do; whatever they want to snatch up would be a click away), but this could be prevented by limiting the number of b/o purchases you could make per day, maybe a maximum of 3. You could still search for items and message the sellers to buy them manually, but you'd be able to do it in-game instead of having to use poe.xyz.

Nope, but what we think of the current system makes it work. And no, deals or people buying sub-par items was non-existant on D3-type of AH. Which would also happen here. Look at ESO's model, look at AFK buy/sell shops in your own hideout or w/e. There must be alternatives to the destruction that is the D3 AH....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info