New trading system is coming soon!

I think the toughest challenge they face is if you implement a crappy version of an AH you will still need to figure out a way to charge a fee of 15% or so to help prevent item flipping for a small amount. How do they define what the 15% fee is when there is no gold in the game? This would mean that in order for it to be fair they would have to create a currency system that has a value to the orbs.

If you had an AH for trading orbs only with no 15% fee, then you would be able to use the current market rate for calculating orb value and you could then implement that into the 15% fee value for items. If you do it that way though, it could potentially be manipulated by someone with a huge amount of currency. You could charge 15% fee for trading orbs but I am not sure how that would even work.
The big problem here is that "we" were promised something a long time ago and its up to GGG and more important Chris to stand by his words.

When you break the trust ppl show the game company you are going down a slippery slope.
"
Zhatan wrote:
The big problem here is that "we" were promised something a long time ago and its up to GGG and more important Chris to stand by his words.

When you break the trust ppl show the game company you are going down a slippery slope.

Gonna repost this, since it's clear you missed it:

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
I don't mind that they haven't implemented the trade functions yet as they have been diligent in keeping us updated as to why it has been delayed...oh wait.

I can point you to a slightly more recent update:

"
Chris wrote:
I'm sorry about the lack of updates on this system. It's very likely that cross-instance trading is going to be finished earlier than other changes to the trade system. We're also looking at changes to the noticeboard to make both trading and questing easier. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at any time.

Bold is mine. Chris has an open door to your questions and concerns. Instead of simply stonewalling you (as it appears you and others feel he is doing), he is, as always, accessible for direct contact. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Chris has an open door to your questions and concerns. Instead of simply stonewalling you (as it appears you and others feel he is doing), he is, as always, accessible for direct contact. ='[.]'=

And if we e-mail him, he'll provide us with a detailed timetable for implementing the trading system?

Come on, if he could tell us anything worth his or our time, he would have already. It's not an issue of communication, it's an issue of not providing actual updates you could communicate to your customers.
"
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Chris has an open door to your questions and concerns. Instead of simply stonewalling you (as it appears you and others feel he is doing), he is, as always, accessible for direct contact. ='[.]'=

And if we e-mail him, he'll provide us with a detailed timetable for implementing the trading system?

Come on, if he could tell us anything worth his or our time, he would have already. It's not an issue of communication, it's an issue of not providing actual updates you could communicate to your customers.

Nobody said that. Read it again. If you have a question about the prioritization of the new trading system, ask him. If you have a question about what they hope to implement, ask him. If you have a question about what the hold-up is, ask him. He hasn't made any announcements recently, because he hasn't had anything to actually announce.

You're not gonna see a News thread saying, "We don't have anything new to say about the projected trading system."

But if you'd rather just bitch about it, fine, don't go to the source for what there might be to be learned. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
So is this going to happen or not? It would be great if we could buy stuff from offline people. I'd seriously consider investing more for this game in that case.
Last edited by Nighus on Nov 5, 2014, 7:11:21 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Zhatan wrote:

Gonna repost this, since it's clear you missed it:

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
I don't mind that they haven't implemented the trade functions yet as they have been diligent in keeping us updated as to why it has been delayed...oh wait.

I can point you to a slightly more recent update:

"
Chris wrote:
I'm sorry about the lack of updates on this system. It's very likely that cross-instance trading is going to be finished earlier than other changes to the trade system. We're also looking at changes to the noticeboard to make both trading and questing easier. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at any time.

Bold is mine. Chris has an open door to your questions and concerns. Instead of simply stonewalling you (as it appears you and others feel he is doing), he is, as always, accessible for direct contact. ='[.]'=

He have been asked many times both in both podcasts and on streams, have you seen any kind of answer so far? Working on it, starts to sound like BS and doesnt apply after 8 months.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
He hasn't made any announcements recently, because he hasn't had anything to actually announce.

So what's the bloody point of contacting him directly?

Seriously.
obligatory Auction house rabble rabble rabble!!!
I dont see any any key!
auction house or riot
ign: ALLRAUDER

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info