New trading system is coming soon!

"
Tempada wrote:
"
Naritzia wrote:
TSure, make's life easier for the buyers to just pick whatever they want, but it kills the current dynamics of trading, finding deals, the need of immediate currency or gear, which sacrifices other parts of the trade to get that specific.

Because everyone loves the dynamics of spamming trade chat or trying to get in touch with people on poe.xyz? With an in-game buyout shop system, you'd still have to look for deals much in the same way that people look for deals on xyz right now. The biggest difference would be that you wouldn't have to wait around for the seller to appear online before you could buy something. If you wanted to haggle, you could still message a seller and see if they'd sell the item you want for a lower price.

The only problem I see with such a system is that it would make it really easy for people with lots of money to monopolize trades (moreso than they already do; whatever they want to snatch up would be a click away), but this could be prevented by limiting the number of b/o purchases you could make per day, maybe a maximum of 3. You could still search for items and message the sellers to buy them manually, but you'd be able to do it in-game instead of having to use poe.xyz.

Problem is they made this game free (big mistake). So all people will do is create a few accounts and continue to monopolize the trades.
"
CoAx wrote:
"
Tempada wrote:
"
Naritzia wrote:
TSure, make's life easier for the buyers to just pick whatever they want, but it kills the current dynamics of trading, finding deals, the need of immediate currency or gear, which sacrifices other parts of the trade to get that specific.

Because everyone loves the dynamics of spamming trade chat or trying to get in touch with people on poe.xyz? With an in-game buyout shop system, you'd still have to look for deals much in the same way that people look for deals on xyz right now. The biggest difference would be that you wouldn't have to wait around for the seller to appear online before you could buy something. If you wanted to haggle, you could still message a seller and see if they'd sell the item you want for a lower price.

The only problem I see with such a system is that it would make it really easy for people with lots of money to monopolize trades (moreso than they already do; whatever they want to snatch up would be a click away), but this could be prevented by limiting the number of b/o purchases you could make per day, maybe a maximum of 3. You could still search for items and message the sellers to buy them manually, but you'd be able to do it in-game instead of having to use poe.xyz.

Problem is they made this game free (big mistake). So all people will do is create a few accounts and continue to monopolize the trades.

Yep few of those mirror service guys are the worst in this game. Monopolizes the whole trade slap really unreasonable price tags and rekt the whole market.
"
Naritzia wrote:

Putting up an AFK buy/sell-shop when you're not online in your own Hideout for example would be a nice addition.

So I have to have my pc on all day/night to something being sell.. lol you'll have to pay me a new computer in a year or so. Not to mention how resource heavy is this game that you can't really open another game whitout overheating your cpu.
I dont think that for example WoW's auctioneer system is bad, but you have actually rewards there for grinding and then you can buy stuff whit tokens etc, so not sure how that will apply here, since rewards are that random that you either get a windripper or 431541 trash uniques. I mean this game needs even more their own built in trade system.
Last edited by dovrak1 on Oct 28, 2014, 10:42:08 AM
"
CoAx wrote:
...all people will do is create a few accounts and continue to monopolize the trades.

Ok, that's a good point. I'm sure there's a way to effectively make in-game shops, and something revolving around hideouts could work nicely.

What's the ESO (*shudders at subscription-based games*) shop model?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Oct 28, 2014, 11:06:03 AM
With the indexing sites trading is fine as it is. All we need is the ability to trade without being in the same party and cross instance traiding.

IGN - Sparky_RAMPAGE
If this thing ever does come out (and I don't believe it will until Act 4 or even much later, if at all) there is one thing I am certain of: it will not be close to what the large percentage of players envisioned or wanted. If/when it comes out I smell huge disappointment. Hope I am wrong. Sorry to say but any goodwill that this team built with me is rapidly vanishing.
It is sad that I knew this was a joke thread before I opened it...........
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
"
dovrak1 wrote:
"
Naritzia wrote:

Putting up an AFK buy/sell-shop when you're not online in your own Hideout for example would be a nice addition.

So I have to have my pc on all day/night to something being sell.. lol you'll have to pay me a new computer in a year or so. Not to mention how resource heavy is this game that you can't really open another game whitout overheating your cpu.
I dont think that for example WoW's auctioneer system is bad, but you have actually rewards there for grinding and then you can buy stuff whit tokens etc, so not sure how that will apply here, since rewards are that random that you either get a windripper or 431541 trash uniques. I mean this game needs even more their own built in trade system.

Jeez, this is 2014, not 2004 Lineage 2... I specified "when you're not online", meaning your're not logged in. Just an example of easier trading for people with instant needs.
they're probably still looking for a way to prevent players to put buyout prices on items for sale. which is not possible.
if an website based offline trading system is implemented i'm the first to try to build an automized flipper bot, just to show that it's possible.

if i would have to design a trade system it would be strictly ingame only, work offline and would only work with people placing requests for items.
that way the whole trading would be restricted enough to limit flipping and be based on real demand. which most players overestimate.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Skyforth wrote:
Confirmed by Chris!

Spoiler
10 months ago.
Spoiler
"
Chris wrote:
The new trading changes aren't in the March 1.1.0 patch - there are two reasons:
a) We're keen to deploy them as soon as they're ready. There's no real need to wait for the next four-monthly patch.
b) The new trading stuff is not ready yet. It's a major system overhaul and we're still working on it. I'm really sorry about the delay.

As for how it works, the current plan is a combination of public stash tabs (to make it easier to find items) and separately, an asynchronous cross-instance-website trading system. You can basically trade (without buyouts) across the game and website. The trades and offers are still there when you log in later, so it's possible to trade with offline people or people who aren't in your game area or are on their phone or work PC.

"
Chris wrote:
There's no real need to wait for the next four-monthly patch.

Fun times :D
R.I.P 4.B.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info