Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

Ah, okay, makes sense. :D Always wanted to try low life build.. however its extremely expensive and I play less and less these days. Maybe one day I'll come across a friend that will allow me to try it. I just want to feel the low life ;-;
just for curiosity.. im crafting an Ele Crit Dagger in Standard atm (lol). Its almost finished, need to hit Celebration and its GG imo.

Maybe Flubbys old ll Ele ST is coming back soon.

--
Reave vs ST:

you can shoot with st and move, projectiles will follow. basically tooltip *2 because you hit 2 times with ST.
reave will get higher tooltip, will work with Disemboweling. will work with abyssus ( not needed here)
With ST you can kite atziri bosses and ubher bosses, with Reave you have to facetank.
for leveling i recommend reave but in mapping i recommend ST.
Its all just my opinion. if you dont agree, i can understand it.

For my own playstyle ST is more effective, but there is no point to discuss this for anybody here i imo.

Sorry for my english im drunk and its not my native language.
Streaming this build, but the Shadow version right now. It's really fun.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
If you ran this build in HC, would you end up taking more life nodes? What would you prioritize over the SC version?

Here is my gear I plan on using (which can obviously use upgrades but it's a good start I think):
gear

I'm really looking to stay alive over having the greatest damage possible.
@Jack

It is surely a start. And sure you can grab more life if you want. You actually should in a hardcore league. If you want you can play around with other defensive mechanisms as well (AA when using clarity, dodge etc.). If you get at high end gear you will have too much DPS. And it all depends on you how YOLO you want to go (200K tooltip DPS on molten strike @.@)
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I've been leveling (45 atm) and mana is a huge problem for me, especially with my 6L Tabula (only 5 linking atm though). I find it hard to run even two auras without chugging mana potions. I've hit all the reduced aura nodes in your tree. I assume it will get better as I level, and when I can use my Alpha's.

How do you deal with mana further into the game? It seems like you have hardly any mana regen, though maybe I'm wrong. Taking blood magic clarity scares me in HC lol.

Also, If I do grab more life nodes, do I need to rush getting those nice dagger nodes at the end of the tree? can they be held off until I get my life up to par?

Again thanks for the help!
Last edited by Jack2789 on Mar 20, 2015, 7:29:39 PM
@Jack

Well many people said leveling this build is a pain. And it's not far from the truth. It's hard to balance life, mana reservation, mana sustain and crit while leveling. So I actually advise considering only some of them while leveling. What does that mean? Possibilities: go non crit until you are a high enough level, use a blood magic gem in your 6L setup until you get enough mana regen on gear and clarity is high enough level. You could possibly also stick with blood magic although that might be risky - vaal pact etc. 1% or 2% phys mana leech also makes a huge difference surprisingly!
Hello

I'm trying this build with a new character on standard league and I've noticed that Spectral Throw wasn't doing a lot of damage... I'm lvl 33

I'm using this weapon for the moment

I don't use dagger because it does even less damage than my current weapon...

I don't really understand what to do since I have tabula with a lot of gems

What can I do to have more damage ?

Thanks !
@Shinro28

Hopefully the setup you have in your tabula is not the one I see right now: ST - Molten strike (?!) - Leech - LMP - WED - Pierce (!!). Normally if you use one attack you link it with 5 support gems. Linking it to another active skill doesn't help (unless you basically want 2 5-links). Also ST has an implicit 100% pierce chance, hence the Pierce gem does not help.

The idea of the build in short is having sources of flat* elemental damage (mostly from auras: Wrath, Anger, Herald of Ice/Thunder) and then improve them with high attack speed and crit chance/multiplier.

Example:

#1. say you deal just 1 - 999 lightning damage per attack and nothing else. you also have 1 APS (attack per second) and 0% crit chance (say through resolute technique). Then your DPS is exactly 500.

#2. say you have again 1-999 lightning damage. now 5 APS and 95% crit chance with 500% crit multiplier. Then your DPS should be exactly 12.000 @.@

Good luck! ;)

* flat damage source: damage added to your attack, independent of your physical damage (as opposed to Hatred or Herald of Ash auras etc.)
@SFXisMag1c

Thanks for your answer !

First of all I put molten strike in my tabula because I only use this skill ! Because spectral throw does not enough damage... :/

Thank for noticing me that ST has already 100% pierce, I didn't know ! So what should I put instead of Pierce ?

I use Herald of Ice as auras for the moment, i can't put more auras because I don't have enough mana :(

At lvl 33 I don't have critical chance nodes in the tree for the moment, I think this is why I don't deal a lot of damage, right ?

Thank for explain

Sorry for my bad english

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info