Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

@Shinro28

First of all, don't concern yourself with crit until you are at the endgame (at least in maps I would say). Before you finish the game on merciless, having crit is a good way to boost your damage but it is not mandatory.

You should try to get Wrath and Anger up as soon as possible. By level 16 you can already have 16% reduced mana reservation. At level 31 you can get a reduced mana gem (and at lvl 33 it can already be level 2). Here are some links for you:

So you can run for instance Wrath and HoT and still have 36% of mana unreserved! Or even better, run both Wrath and Anger and use a blood magic gem. This is about what I can say regarding auras early.

For the 6L setup early game I recommend: ST - LMP - Faster Attacks - Weapon Elemental Damage - Life Leech - Blood Magic. Just try it :)

Keep me posted if you progress and maybe I can give you more hints along the way.
Hi, slogging through the end of Cruel and start of Merciless right now. So far, my damage feels particularly underwhelming, which I might go over in a separate reply for review, but right now I just have one question;

In my quick lookthrough of the discussion, you seem to recommend constantly running both FA and LMP. However, on the main post of the guide, you recommend substituting the two with each other.

Which would be recommended, and what do you believe to be an optimal 6 link at this point?
@laparapa

The main post is quite outdated. Back then I would swap FA in the green slot instead of LMP for single target/bosses. But I certainly recommend both. Optimal 6L:

ST -> LMP/GMP -> FA -> WED -> Leech -> Increased Crit Dmg
hey man i got a question, im only able to hit 17-18k dps on your build with my shadow (lvl 89) and i was wondering what i was doing wrong?

this is my gear, still looking for a new ring and ammy if i can find one
I just watched a streamer and saw his ST has up to 70k DPS on his lifebased version.

http://web.poe.garena.tw/forum/view-thread/105103

His thread (you can open the spoilertabs and translate the site with google..names are a bit wonky, but u get what gems he uses).
Fun is that he doesnt use PCOC or any way to generate powercharges.
I know tthat his 70k dps are buffed with vaal haste and atziri flask, but on stream he hovered over his DPS with GMP and had 50k by default.
Question is now if his tree and empowered auras make the difference?
I really wonder about that.
50 ST dps are pretty sick for an lifebased version...
EXALTS>EXAMS
@Darkendsouls

Tips for higher DPS: Faster Attacks instead of Increased Critical strikes, higher APS and crit on weapon WED on belt, maligaros for gloves, second diamond ring. The relevance should be exactly in this order.

@Skiez

Pretty sick I must say. In the screenshot he is using LMP, FA, WED, Leech, BM. Also, he is obviously using 2 daggers. Are dual daggers so sick for ST I wonder? Also, if you look at his tree he has NO aura reservation nodes. He must be running Wrath (since most his dmg is lightning) and some other Herald (probably Thunder).

123% total increased life if I am not mistaken (not counting the Belly). He also hasn't much life on gear, opting to craft multiple ele dmg instead on rings for example.

This is all I could understand. I don't even know what language it is let alone understand it fully xD

Keep me updated if u find something out ;)
Its Korean I think.
Yeah he uses 3 auras: HoT;HoI and Wrath.
Seems that he completly scales his Lightning damage and uses HoI for the extremly good shattereffect.
He empowered all his auras wih lvl 4 empowers.
Plus he has +1maligaros...brings his 21 light auras to level 26.
Level 26 wrath adds 22-351 lightning dmg to attacks.
herald of thunder level 26 adds 19-289 lightning damage.
He has inc. buff effect nodes from the tree (26%), that power the auras even more.
Wrath with buffnodes: ~28-442 light damage
Herald of thunder:~24-364 light damage
Note that Herald of thunder is like a second wrath, so scaling light damage as main source gets you even more damage.
His herald of ice is level 24: 75-100 cold damage added.
With buffs: ~95-126 cold damage added.
These buffed auras make a powerhouse out of him...

I think dualdaggers ARE sick. I think thats why he isn't using pcoc.
You benefit from the global crit on the second dagger, you get MORE attackspeed AND u still get a bit of blockchance.
Cost is life; res; block.
I think I would change his faster proj for PCOC to get a stable critchance.
If you look at his gear, u see that he gets alot of global critchance (rats nest;maligaros;rings;ammu and daggers).
He gets 296% GLOBAL critchance plus 435% from tree: 731% inc. critchance... with a 9% critdagger you get around 66% critchance without powercharges.
Cause he attacks alot I think its a "quantity over quality" thing. with 5~ attacks per second you get enough crits with 66% critchance and high accuracy.
I really like his build idea. Its pretty glasscannon, but the dps is INSANE. I mean 50K is in range of LL versions with COE and stuff.
Pretty impressive.
Belly provides him 40% inc. life so he really has 163%HP with his tree...and thats pretty safe in std.
4,5K life should be easy to get with proper gear.
I really thing his approach is the endgame version of this build.
You need:
- 2 good daggers that are near same (both 9%crit; 2aps; weapon ele; both ambushers) [probably the most expensive part]
- 2 diamondsa rings with acc;WED;life and res
- WED belt with res (that needs to be ur main RES piece! SO u need a GOOD I mean REALLY good belt!) and life!
- Maligaros with high critmulti% (36% is perfect for non-legacy)
- rats nest (this thing is insane!APS; crit global; evasion)
- rare boots with good resists and hp and movespeed. (even if you use whirling blades)
together u get a dps monster.
I really like this build!
I think I'll roll that in act 4, if they don't change something to hard.
onyl change would be the PCOC instead of faster proj./faster attacks
With 6 charges u would get over 1k inc. critchance and you could nearly cap ur crit.
U would probably lose some sheet dps but the crits would be way more relaible.
u could curse with assmark to...alot of things to be tested/made.
END END ENDGAME u could use acuitys and drop vaal pact and use the points gained for more life/crit/accuracy/ele dmg/attackspeed.

I hope the little explaination of this buildidea helps!

thanks and cheers

EDIT: I planned a little endgame tree fast:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAl5dFfOUZtDj79Yw2YeJVSyaVFr8GIx9BAx61SHBSKgvz6nDVidNd8mNDDkh94yzhrGa5Pth2Rwby4ZoTcFaQGxGW29RJUfDVlS4HHrjKO3wPxKKjf8ZtbDY9bIydqmKsuXyMC-ywtAyTJxzcdweHE5ykb56DCUZx2L01kv4KaPKvbEz_PC3Grrc-GF08763xwGaiAPAfgpvtIOFzd-VX4ho4kFUnL-w4hX0pT8aeEH8MfYLH-ehBh1fJKPoNfOq6pldN4_6POuHyRbCS_5NR2RnXrTOTlQSzMglybGxGqW618g==

With acuitys.

Without them you could just take VP and remove one lifenode or smth.
Its not optimised, but a rough idea, maybe Velvet could optimise it a bit.

EDIT 2: I just looked what APS he has without FA:
He has 86% inc. aps from tree and gear (66% from tree and 5%+15% from Malig's and rats nest)=86% inc. aps.
You get 10% MORE aps while dualwielding.
SO he gets:
(2,02 [dagger base aps]*(1 + 0.86[treeaps])*1,1[MORE bonus for dualwield]=~4,1APS
Thats pretty fast.
With FA he would get: (2.02* (1+ 0.86 + 0.54))*1.1=~5,3 APS.
Thats INSANE.
5,3 APS is LL stuff right here and we get the DPS near the LL ST zones.
EXALTS>EXAMS
Last edited by skieZ on Apr 3, 2015, 6:11:31 PM
Ok this is a very interesting find! Ty Skiez!

What I can take away from this is not the idea of dual wielding or using rat's nest or blood magic etc. It's nothing new to me. What is new is that you can basically NOT get any aura reservation nodes and still build an ele buzzsaw. You need an empower gem and honestly a lvl 4 empower is probably only for very few that are reading this thread. It is comparable to the cost of the entire build :D But I guess in the end game it is extremely viable!

Also I am not 100% sure if ST's tooltip DPS is accurate when dual wielding. I would like to see the guy's crit chance and accuracy. It's pretty clear that they are not 95/95 and as you said he went for full quantity over quality, hence boosting his DPS.

I think I can try this idea. Latest by next patch :) If you have a link to his stream please let us know.
http://www.twitch.tv/mixbqw/profile

Thats his stream!
Yeah I'll try his buildidea next league too.
Its way more expensive then the budget buzzsaw, but the endgame aspect is really nice!

cheers
EXALTS>EXAMS
PSA:

OP, your build makes newbies cry. Then I have to try fix things.

Newbies, stick to non-crit while you're new and poor.
Resolute Technique is your friend, Ele Buzzsaw > crit.

That is all.

Fucking crit tooltip dps epeen idiots.
Last edited by ProudLikeAGod on Apr 12, 2015, 4:32:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info