Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

thanks~
Here's an idea for an update: use Faster Projectiles! Instead of?... Faster Attacks or Increased Critical Damage. I opted to drop FA.

Let's look at the numbers for a second. Before, I invested 5 skill points to reach the 'Ballistic Mastery' and 'Sniper' nodes. This gave 30% proj speed. At lvl 20, Faster Projectiles gives 68% projectile speed. The difference is significant. With 20Q it also gives 10% AS. I took the 3 pcts from 'Ballistic Mastery' and invested into the 'Berzerking' cluster. That's another 18% AS. I could drop the 'Sniper' nodes also and get 2 pcts but I don't know what to invest it in at the moment.

Also I dropped the mana nodes at the start with projectile damage. It seems to be sustainable even with GMP in maps. And I dropped one life node and took AS+accuracy (still 4K life). Here's the new tree:

You might ask how this affects the DPS. With all the changes, I still have 36K DPS on 5 PC's (LMP). Not bad at all, considering the immense boost to range.
I'm testing something similar to this in Standard but my dps is only 22k with 5 PC.

Links are ST-FA-WED-LMP-BM-LL, all 20/20. Didn't linked any chest because I was testing different gems on a Tabula.

My tree is also a bit different than yours.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgYjCC4IsQx9DkgPqw_EEH8Rlha_GYoZjhqPH0EmlSoLKjgqTSzhLYMyCTWSNj064Tt8Pyc__EGHRwZKyE3jUUxTNVVLXfJh4mKsY0NsRmyMbWxuqm-ecFJwVnDVcmx3B3gNfVt9dX3jf8aCx4MJhxOJ04wLjDaQG5cGl5eaE5uNm7WcpJ2qoqOmV6lurEesZq_rtDi1SLXytz64yrk-uXy748M6xKLGnspK037Ydti929TlGehm7LDtg_Gz8kXy4fPq9tr56PsJ-_X-Cv6P_ro=
Last edited by tinx9 on May 7, 2015, 11:17:13 AM
@Tinchop

Very nice! Can you tell us more about your stats though? How much life do you have? Are you using Wrath, Anger, HoI, HoT as the gear suggested? Is the CWDT setup enough of a defensive mechanism?

Your tree is quite similar to the Ranger one I suggested. Only you use blood magic so you don't need any leftover mana, so you can drop the last aura cluster. And therefore invest the points in other things.

Keep us posted!
Life is 4,2k or so with 40% Belly iirc, and yeah I do use Wrath, Anger, HoI and HoT for damage. I feel pretty safe using CWDT setup + Taste of Hate + VP. Can't understand why I have only 22k dps though, your tree is probably better.
Well first off, I am probably 4 levels higher than you. That can make a difference. Then my gear is slightly better in terms of dps output I would say (the dagger and jewels). Also, my Wrath and Anger gems are 21.

And then there is the obvious fact that you are reserving one slot in your 6L with BM. If you had Increased Critical Damage gem it would make a difference. But then you would have to adjust your tree.

And about the tree: do you think it is worth it to invest 5 skill points for the 'Throatseeker' cluster? Or maybe you need the intelligence? I don't know where you would optimally invest the points, but 5 pcts for 36% crit multi doesn't sound like the best deal to me.

Also, in principle you could some points here and there and try to reach the highly efficient nodes near the Templar side of the tree: Catalyse, Elementalist, Discipline and Training, Devotion. It's just an idea, I don't know if it will help.

If something else comes to mind, I will let you know. Also, feel free to post here if you wish. It's an ongoing open discussion :D
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
Here's an idea for an update: use Faster Projectiles! Instead of?... Faster Attacks or Increased Critical Damage. I opted to drop FA.

Let's look at the numbers for a second. Before, I invested 5 skill points to reach the 'Ballistic Mastery' and 'Sniper' nodes. This gave 30% proj speed. At lvl 20, Faster Projectiles gives 68% projectile speed. The difference is significant. With 20Q it also gives 10% AS. I took the 3 pcts from 'Ballistic Mastery' and invested into the 'Berzerking' cluster. That's another 18% AS. I could drop the 'Sniper' nodes also and get 2 pcts but I don't know what to invest it in at the moment.

Also I dropped the mana nodes at the start with projectile damage. It seems to be sustainable even with GMP in maps. And I dropped one life node and took AS+accuracy (still 4K life). Here's the new tree:

You might ask how this affects the DPS. With all the changes, I still have 36K DPS on 5 PC's (LMP). Not bad at all, considering the immense boost to range.

What about the Ash Frost and Storm cluster top of "shaper"

thats 40% ele damage, if those notes works in this build
Last edited by bcutter on May 8, 2015, 8:20:35 AM
The nodes work for the build. But if I had 5 points to spend (4 + 1 int node to get there) I would spend them on the 5 ele dmg nodes from the Shadow start (From Trickery to Shadow start). The same 5 points give 56% ele dmg + 10 ES, as opposed to 40% ele dmg and 10 int.

That is if I had 5 points :) But I don't. Getting ele dmg from the tree is effective to a certain point. I get a lot from gear (dagger + belt + rings + amulet = almost 150%) and I already have some in the tree (idk maybe 80%). So stacking more is not that effective.
Maybe its worth to drop the "inner force" cluster? Or do we get more benefit of increase buffs for all those auras/heralds?

2 Aura effects notes in sovereignty cluster could also be spent elsewere, if they are not as effective as ele-dmg notes at shadow start- can someone do the math?
Well it's pretty straightforward. If I had more ele dmg on gear (say on rings, amulet, gloves) then they would be scaled by ele dmg. But since I don't have much of that it's not worth it.

Just look at the poebuilder page and compare the aura effect increase and the ele dmg increase (and keep in mind all the WED I have on gear).

6% aura effect is much much more effective than even 10% ele dmg!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info