Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

So... is Reave that good that I should replace it now?
Coz i've just started using ST and I am enjoying it...
Just having some problems getting my dps higher than 10k
Endgame ST clears better than any reave build due to its sick range with Faster Proj.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
@ulderek

Probably. But I still haven't tested everything yet.

@candoerfer

I completely agree. On a 1k ex budget ST is the best skill there is. But why rule out the possibility that on a low budget it can be outperformed?
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:

@candoerfer

I completely agree. On a 1k ex budget ST is the best skill there is. But why rule out the possibility that on a low budget it can be outperformed?

1) ST is not the best skill, Kinetic Blast says hello
2) You don't need 1k ex budget to make ST good
3) Espacially at low gear levels ST can be very effective aswell, since you are able to stay out of harms way.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
Man this is not a competition. And there is no need to be a fanatic advocate of this skill or the other. Both skills clearly have upsides and downsides.

Btw I tested Disemboweling for ST a few days ago and it didn't work. I point this out because in a 'not so recent' video of Mathil he said the contrary. I guess it must have been patched. It obviously works with Reave and it's not so hard to cap the crit chance (with my gear I have 94.5% crit chance with 4 power charges and not using an Increased Critical Strikes gem).
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
Man this is not a competition. And there is no need to be a fanatic advocate of this skill or the other. Both skills clearly have upsides and downsides.

Btw I tested Disemboweling for ST a few days ago and it didn't work. I point this out because in a 'not so recent' video of Mathil he said the contrary. I guess it must have been patched. It obviously works with Reave and it's not so hard to cap the crit chance (with my gear I have 94.5% crit chance with 4 power charges and not using an Increased Critical Strikes gem).

Yeah, that's why i respected my char from blood magic to mana use because they nerfed the disembowling. It used to work but the recent patch, they removed it.
EDIT oops double post :D
Last edited by iiyra on Feb 24, 2015, 9:01:30 PM
Even though you said the build isn't weapon dependent, I am still curious as to how to build would react to more well known ambushers. Between loath bane and wrath fang, which would you consider to be of more use to the build? Does ST even gain anything from spell damage buffs without a crown of eyes (when considering wrath fang)? Or would an ambusher with high weapon ele damage be preferred?
I ask only because one day I would like to get a fancy ambusher. :3

Btw grats on your first hope. Took you a while xD
@Vivian46

If you ever get to the point where you can afford either of the two daggers you mentioned I would recommend switching the build. My build focuses on flat elemental damage and ignores the physical aspect simply because a loath bane is very expensive :) (or getting any very good phys dagger).

But once you get in a new league of currency I recommend going for a more pretentious build instead. Any ST build with phys damage works wonders with Loath Bane (Hatred, Herald of Ash ~ auras that scale off of your phys dmg, a different tree, obviously Blood Rage etc). And for a Wrath Fang, it better if you have the complete 'winning' gear (Shavs, CoE etc.), because ST gets no bonuses from spell damage unless you have the CoE.

This is pretty much the beauty of ST as a skill. No matter what your budget is you can find a build that will optimize your performance (my relative scales is: Ele buzzsaw < Phys crit (Bino)/Ele Crit < High end phys crit on life < Low life GG etc).

PS: It was for sure not my first hope, just the first in a long while xD
And one more thing:

AoE-wise, Reave is the skill that cleans the fastest. With 3 points invested in AoE and with Increased AoE gem, it covers most of the screen. Multistrike also makes it auto-aim. It's pretty much brainless. If you can tank a bit in melee range until you build some charges, this is the best skill.

Single target wise, I would say molten strike is actually the best. The 'balls of molten magma' are considered as projectiles and, if I am not mistaken, benefit from your elemental damage. So in effect you hit 3 times (ok, some might miss and the projectiles do not deal full dmg, but still it's massive damage) for every swing.

In my current setup, I use Reave (-WED-FA-Multi-Leech-AoE) mainly and switch to Molten strike (-WED-Leech-ICritDmg-FA-ColdDmg) for single target. It's not bad at all ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info