Velvet's elemental buzzsaw {crit} ~ Atziri deathless/map clearing 1.3 Updated!

"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
@deM0n4lif

In principle the gear looks fine. The most effective way to increase the DPS would be to swap the gloves for maligaro's. Your weapon could use slightly higher crit chance (the local crit chance mod can have up to 37%). Also, your necklace has no WED. But as I said, everything looks good enough at first glance.

You didn't link your chest-piece though or your skill tree. Maybe there could be some work done there. And how much hp do you have? I see you prioritize getting elemental damage and accuracy instead of life on jewelry.

Keep me posted and we will see what we can do.

Whoops, sorry I have 4.6k unreserved and 4.4k reserved; 4.1k reserved when using saffel's
Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-eiDCWBDbj0DljsodweHE5ykb56btcM6ykoaj_ba-wkZimHiJpUWvw-rUzWMNlVLH0EDHrVIcFIqC_PqcNWJ013yDkiQGxGWmhNwVtvUfeMs4axmuT7YdkcG8uFjQ7c-QYfYvf4Kxq48LYKb7SDhc3flV-IaOJBVJy_sODWSKjipbrXyEH8MfYLHxp6iAPJFuXyMC-ywNj1sjJ2qwGZirErIbqrEopcGLYM64QSzxPZ8uySL_lQNzStQHM49Dxg8vSeTOghnbWz60maewBqApFXWZOcXLw==
Last edited by deM0n4lif on Feb 14, 2015, 11:40:23 AM
@deM0n4lif

The skill tree looks just fine. One question though: did you grab 'Sentinel' for the elemental resists?

About the chest: 6L Belly. Not bad at all but one comment here: 'Faster Attacks' as the 6th gem is more effective than 'Increased Critical Strikes'. The DPS difference is quite something. ICS has the advantage of consistency(1 hit one crit pretty much) and it is your choice ultimately, just keep in mind that FA will give you higher DPS.

Also, you said you have 22.7K dps on LMP. That is with or without power charges?
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
@deM0n4lif

The skill tree looks just fine. One question though: did you grab 'Sentinel' for the elemental resists?

About the chest: 6L Belly. Not bad at all but one comment here: 'Faster Attacks' as the 6th gem is more effective than 'Increased Critical Strikes'. The DPS difference is quite something. ICS has the advantage of consistency(1 hit one crit pretty much) and it is your choice ultimately, just keep in mind that FA will give you higher DPS.

Also, you said you have 22.7K dps on LMP. That is with or without power charges?

Yeah, I grabbed it for the resists, and I was a evasion scion at first. The reason I put increased critical strikes was because I only had 75% change to crit with power charges, and now i have 90% with it. I was thinking of respecting some life nodes into attack speed, but haven't decided yet. I have 21.7k dps on lmp without charges (my bad, wrote it wrong) and about 25-26 with charges.

If I did switch to faster attacks, what gem would i switch out for single targets, like Atziri?
Last edited by deM0n4lif on Feb 14, 2015, 12:38:44 PM
@deM0n4lif

In principle you can drop 2 life nodes from the Scion wheel to reach the 'Precision' notable. You get a total of 6% AS, 30% acc, 3% MS and 20 dex for just 2 points. And apart from that honestly 26K dps is not bad at all (given everything else).

For single target, you have 2 choices: Additional Accuracy (also gives crit chance with Quality) and Added Cold Damage. Both are comparable, although Added Cold will give a bit higher DPS and not require any Quality on it. Add Acc though, does not cost extra mana (mana multiplier is 100%). Your call.
Hey,

what would be a good single target setup then?

Because, if you use the Critical Strikes, you can switch the lmp for faster attacks.
If you use faster attacks as standart + critical damage, what would you substitute
lmp with? (on a 6L) Is there anything at all? :)
@wftico

It just so happens that deM0n4lif asked the same question, but here it goes once more: when switching to single target in a 6L setup I would advise using either Added Cold damage or Additional Accuracy (instead of LMP/GMP). Here are the pros of each:

Added Cold:
(+) Superior boost to DPS
(+) No need for quality on the gem (not really anyway) ~ cheaper

Additional Accuracy:
(+) makes attacks more reliable via extra accuracy and crit chance (with Quality)
(+) no mana multiplier ~ lower mana cost

I personally use Additional accuracy because in the case in which I need the single target I have less mana than normal (I do Atziri with Wrath, HoT, HoI, 2x Purity). But it is totally up to you.
Hmm guys what are your thoughts on having some other attack instead of Spectral Throw? Don't get me wrong ST is a very good way to dish out the elemental damage, but is there any other skill that could work better in the current meta?

With that in mind, I am trying out lightning strike and I will tell you how it goes.
PS: While testing lightning strike I dropped an Alpha's in coward's trial and a hope in my first Atziri run with it o.O

It must be a sign...
Another note on the topic: Reave is also pretty good. The clear speed is pretty much godly. But just like Lightning Strike it takes some time to get used to.
Update on the Reave tests:

80K dps casual (increased AoE with 4 PC)
196K dps max (conc effect, 4 PC, Atziri flask, Vaal Haste)

Fastest clear speed for any char I have ever used. Oba's Trove cleared before the 6:45 mark.

Clarity can be dropped o.O Sounds ridiculous at 10 APS but it's true (multistrike!)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info