How does everyone feel about the new rewards / points required?

I believe they made this season so top players wont play that much and casuals can get their hands on demigods :D
"
lolozori wrote:
-Probably 1/3 of poe players are in EU, yet they give terrible race hours For Eu weekend users. If only you could get more races on Saturday afternoons and sunday afternoons.

-2h sig is lame for many reasons, one of them is when you have a family or a job, 2h is way too long to focus on a video game in the middle of morning.

also when you put a race in the middle of EU lunch or dinner time, I prefer eating than playing.

-If you shorten the number of rewards at least make all the reward 3d art possible. All those rings and amu for racing is kind of not worth it.

I guess there are many people in a similar situation (including me). It might be possible to attend 10-15 races throughout the entire season if I sacrifice some things.

I also can fully understand some people having not much incentive to race this season. But if you are in it for the rewards, yea well .... I always had the impression that races were for fun (I especially like the shorter race variants à la BLAM)

But I have no idea which path GGG wants to take. If you want to put the carrot before the rabbit then maybe GGG should throw in a bone and make all race items sellable to the npc. So players, who dont care about the alt art, can then gamble those acquired exalts on whatever pleases them. Or make it possible that those race items can be traded in or modified in special ways at the masters. Just to make them more attractive for some players. Actually there are many possibilities here.

It is up to GGG to decide what they want.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Kheffin wrote:
"
boof wrote:
I think it's time everyone started giving absolutely terrible, nonsensical, off the wall moronic feedback regarding races. Maybe then, we'll get some good changes implemented. Because giving good feedback has so far had completely opposite effects.

I think it's unfair that Demigod's are only awarded to the top racers. If I participate in a race, I should have a chance at winning a Demigod. I suggest that 50 Demigods should be added into the random prizes to make it more fair.

No. The Demigod's awards are specifically intended for the TOP racers (whether they win legitimately or not is not germane to this statement). I dun have one, never will, and that's okay, 'cause I'm NOT a top racer. =^[.]^=

well said =*[.]*=
^Of course, I totally missed that Kheffin was replying in the spirit of boof's proposal. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
i still think that the # of race rewards should have been the same.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Oct 24, 2014, 3:58:30 PM
Agreed, HeaT.

Would be nice to get a GGG response.
I hate to say it, but the more I look at the rewards and the events, the more disillusioned I am with this season. TL;DR, not racing this season.

2 hours fixed seed is fucking boring. I love the oddball race types, like descent, and turbo, and you know, all the ones that are missing. I do not want to play the vanilla campaign over, and over, and over. Racing should be fun, and interesting!

The rewards are just not good, at all. The lack of many numerous lower tier rewards is unfair to those of us who work for a living, and let's face it-- it's almost certainly an economy thing. Can't have people getting lots of the lesser rewards and selling them! So, under the bus we all go again.

Honestly, I'm upset about this, and I hope season 10 is the exact polar fucking opposite of what is being presented here.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
I think Season 9 is season of the Fencoil.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
KingTen87 wrote:
Side note - that Topaz ring better have something awesome built in to it, like a guaranteed upgrade to a rare or unique if you chance it. Otherwise... Yeah.

It's ilvl 100.

On that topic, i think it should be ilvl 99.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
Antnee wrote:

2 hours fixed seed is fucking boring. I love the oddball race types, like descent, and turbo, and you know, all the ones that are missing. I do not want to play the vanilla campaign over, and over, and over. Racing should be fun, and interesting!

This.
Gonna try some of the kill the boss races and skip the rest. Why they didn't make a 60 minute (or 90 minute) kill Merveil the signature instead of the current let's-watch-paint-on-the-wall-dry format is beyond me.

BTW adding cutthroat as achievement after removing cutthroat events from the race schedule must be some kind of inside joke.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info