How does everyone feel about the new rewards / points required?

Race season 8 got me to start racing (and enjoying it). This season led to a complete reversal. Don't like race season 9 at all.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
The irony is that had Bringer of Rain been the 1,000 reward, i think there would have been much less complaining. Take your easy BoR and run!
Necropolis: 96
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
did i really read right that the rewards can only be removed next league in after 2 months? hell after 2 months this beyond league was alrdy dead.... so the only thing that you can use the items for is the art? well i just started racing and ill just quit it again... also im not even sure if i can reach the bor since 500 points seems to be alot if you only do half decent^^
If you only do half decent BoR is unobtainable, unless you are participating in every race and don't need to work or sleep for 4 weeks and even then it would be a stretch.

There have been days where due to work and sleep (both kinda necessary) I haven't been able to participate in any race at all. I'm doing ordinary, with just over 4 points per race so I'm easily on track for the Pyre ring but won't come close to the fourth item, there's just not enough time and not enough races.

It's pretty disappointing when in previous seasons I would have been eligible for around 6 items and I'm only looking at half that now. Now I'm not saying I should be eligible for the BoR, I totally get that only the upper echelon of players would be qualifying for that, but it seems like a pretty big gap between items to me.
Bottom line, this season is a major step backward because it totally has no direction, no point.

Now the signature race is a 2-hour race. For 2 hours of your racing time, you get the same sort of point scale you got in last season's 40-minute Descent race.

Combine with fewer items, still very high point requirements for the top items, and what can you conclude about GGG's philosophy here??

"Let's make it much harder."

OK well kiss all the casual racers bye bye. Maybe that's what they wanted. After all, who wants every feature to appeal to everybody? For a bunch of designers who usually exhibit logical intent in their decision-making, this race season looks like they got bodysnatched or something.
you can win rumi's in burst races
"
Pam wrote:
just wait another season, demis, 500 pt rewards, money, bitches, all for one 12 min burst
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
Pam wrote:

I think we hit a new low, boys. Strap yourselves in, you think this ride's hit rock bottom, but there's more to go!
"
jstq wrote:
"
Pam wrote:
just wait another season, demis, 500 pt rewards, money, bitches, all for one 12 min burst

I hope it doesn't come to that.

Last edited by terrex on Nov 15, 2014, 9:13:17 AM
"
boof wrote:
"
Pam wrote:

I think we hit a new low, boys. Strap yourselves in, you think this ride's hit rock bottom, but there's more to go!

I won a Rumi's in a burst race earlier. I guess I have to destroy it in ritual sacrifice to save season 10...

wish me luck my friends.
Last edited by DJMASTAJEFF on Nov 15, 2014, 11:58:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info