How does everyone feel about the new rewards / points required?

"
terrex wrote:
"
boof wrote:
Don't know why people are even bothered about reaching 1k... The only reward worth getting is at 500, and the only thing that matters after that is placing in top 20/sig records.

Also not sure why people think you will need to no life it hard to get 1k. I no lifed season 7 and got 2.4k points, in a season with about 33% less events than now. 1k should be easy for capable racers. Besides, way too many people were reaching 1k tiers in the recent seasons imo.

Yeah but you do / did almost every race. These seasons also had a lot more Descent Champs / races that award points for dying than earlier seasons as well. I think that was the cause of influx in points.

I don't remember there being that many DCs in season 7. Not compared to s8.

Yeah I did a lot of the races, but I hardly managed to complete all the ones I did. The 1k should be no problem in this season for a capable racer, without the need for no lifing. We'll have to see if they've changed the point structure per race though.
Last edited by boof on Oct 22, 2014, 1:38:56 PM
I'm actually really surprised its a 2 hour race, besides bucking their own trend, now we're back to 50 minutes in docks farming.

I don't really know about what the answer is, but with the 1000 point reward being the Anvil or something, kind of like the alt art Astramentis, and the real reward being BoR, we will see about how hard people push.

Also interested in what the new demi is. All that is left is a ring or chest that isn't a weapon(shield).
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
I'm just stuck on the fact that the new signature looks like Docks farm for 45 minutes. Maybe the fixed seed will make something else better like lunaris or library/archives. There could be potential in Warehouse Sewers farming since you can reset at the waypoint if the seed puts the bust next to the waypoint, but not for the entire race.

One thing seems certain to me -- leap slammers will almost certainly do Crematorium at the bare minimum to get Herald of Ash, since it will allow leap slam to cover a much wider area as well as leave the mobs that didn't get 1 shot behind to burn to death. Perhaps they will get to a point where some mobs can burn from full to 0, I don't know.

Casters might go Crematorium for Herald of Ice/Thunder as well. I can see Herald of Ice being used more than Herald of Thunder, since it will add a bit of chill effect to fire trap. I really can't see an advantage to Herald of Thunder in a race.

Ranger will get Leap Slam from Crematorium, no question.

Scion is the one class I'm still not sure about. Probably caster.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
"
TheuberClips wrote:

One thing seems certain to me -- leap slammers will almost certainly do Crematorium at the bare minimum to get Herald of Ash, since it will allow leap slam to cover a much wider area as well as leave the mobs that didn't get 1 shot behind to burn to death. Perhaps they will get to a point where some mobs can burn from full to 0, I don't know.

I think you are mistaken.
No leap slammer in their right mind will want another 25% mana reserved. This would leave you with about a grand total of one or two leaps before you have to pot.
Also HoA area of effect without prolif is pitiful.
I believe the idea was to replace hatred with HoA, which works just fine without ele prolif. HoA would help in all those situations where you leap on 10 mobs, 2 mobs survive with 10% HP and then you have to waste another leap to kill them (or continue leaping forward).
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
Did you test this out in docks?
Because taking a 10%+ damage hit when you replace hatred, taking the time to get HoA, dogs in docks being fire resistant... all of this doesn't seem worth it for a bit of burn damage.
Those 2 mobs surviving at 10% wouldn't have, if you had hatred on due to more damage. And if your damage is just barely borderline one shotting, your overkill burn is going to be pretty pitiful as well.
From my experience, mobs surviving after a leap is a result of desync. You leap on them, but not really. Whole "trick" to leap slam is acquiring that damage threshold where you 1 shot.
Anyway, that's just what my speculations are. Have not tested anything.
Nope i did not test it, this is just speculation from my part based on my experience playing with HoA in new leagues. I found it amazing for cleave, but maybe it's not that good for "one-at-a-time" attacks like leap.
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
"
TheuberClips wrote:
I'm just stuck on the fact that the new signature looks like Docks farm for 45 minutes. Maybe the fixed seed will make something else better like lunaris or library/archives. There could be potential in Warehouse Sewers farming since you can reset at the waypoint if the seed puts the bust next to the waypoint, but not for the entire race.

Casters might go Crematorium for Herald of Ice/Thunder as well. I can see Herald of Ice being used more than Herald of Thunder, since it will add a bit of chill effect to fire trap. I really can't see an advantage to Herald of Thunder in a race.

Ranger will get Leap Slam from Crematorium, no question.

Scion is the one class I'm still not sure about. Probably caster.

From my past experiences in fixed seed races, spending 5 to 10 minutes in crematorium has always led me to lose about a level in docks.

These items will need to cover an additional 20% exp per split to be counted as successful. I think after like level 30 most classes will be 1 shotting in docks anyway without these gems even needed.

Honestly I rather do an extra set of docks and pray to the Bluepack gods I get a sick dock instance instead.
The only things that have elemental resistances of any sort in Docks now are the Undying Workers (the guys that give discharges power charges on death) ever since the patch. Everything else in docks has no resistances except the boss. Don't forget they removed a ton of resistances including chaos resistance (although chaos is pretty much irrelevant now).

Also, 5-10 minutes wasted on Crematorium shouldn't happen. You should be able to make up a good amount of XP on the way there, and don't forget it's going to be fixed seed for the signature. At most, I'd say it's probably 3 minutes wasted. EDIT: Depending on the layout you get, the packs can be pretty good, too. Unfortunately, if it's one of the long and narrow instances (Season 6 had this, if I remember right), then the pack size tends to be really meh.

I do think casters probably won't need the herald of ice at all thinking about it for docks simply because they're eventually just going to hit the point where they 1 shot regardless.

Ranger should easily make up for the loss of time with Leap Slam. The rest might just sound good on paper, though. But who knows, maybe we'll get it regardless because of something else being more efficient, but I doubt it.

And yes, I was implying replacing Hatred with Herald of Ash might be a good idea. You definitely do not have the mana to run both, though.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Oct 22, 2014, 5:54:00 PM
Well, the art for Volls is amazing but I personally don't feel any unique amulet aside from Presence is worth the 1000 point push. That aside I will still go for it because it's an exclusive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info