How does everyone feel about the new rewards / points required?

Just wondering, how does everyone feel towards the new points / rewards and the signature race length? The items are alright but aside from the BoR art nothing got me too excited.

The thing I dislike about the 2 hour race is that there is generally 1 strat in a 2 hour race and thats docks. I don't mind farming docks but we have seen this area a bunch in previous sigs. 90 minute race had the potential to split up people farming act 2 and act 3. Any longer than 2 hours and it just becomes more of a disaster to me and others that dislike longer races.

To me personally I am a bit disappointed the final reward is 1000, 800 seems much more reasonable. I will still push for the last reward but does seem steep to go for with the reduced races. Going from previous seasons it should be obtainable but there may be some no life racing which kinda sucks from lack of sleep. I don't feel people should have to no life(wake up at ridiculous hours to make races) in order to hit all the rewards. If you are an exceptional racer than by doing a few each day that should put you on track. I can't say you need to no life for sure but with reduced races and you still needing to get 1000 points, they are somewhat safe assumptions.

For casuals this to me seems even more of a nightmare. Less rewards, more points per reward and less races. Less incentive which means less people potentially becoming interested or participating in races. While it's nice to come first here and there, competition is what makes racing a race. Healthy competition is so much fun and it does add another level of intensity or the desire to push. I feel this season has the least incentive yet for a new player to start racing from rewards. While many of us have discovered how rewarding and exciting it is to race, some only do it for sheer rewards. Outside playing looking at racers as well it's not that appealing to race so there needs to be some kinda catch to pull those people in and maybe make racers out of them.

I guess it all depends on what GGG wants from races. If they want the final reward to be only obtainable from the few than that is what this kinda looks like. Racing has so much fun and so much potential but there are many routes they can go down and some are brighter than others. I feel there can be an atmosphere that casuals and competitive racers can enjoy but it's a tough ongoing process with many adjustments. Incentive is powerful though and there needs to be some for vets and the new racers.

All in all I am looking forward to racing for the sake of racing and not so much rewards this time. Thanks for the read and hope to hear how some of you feel.

Last edited by terrex on Oct 22, 2014, 6:26:05 PM
Racing in general has gotten progressively worse for me as the seasons continue. Everything from rewards, scheduling, race variety, balance within each race and GGG's attitude that racing isn't important enough to make priority or even reward players enough to create more popularity. It's really difficult to understand why they constantly nerf racing when it has such potential and creates so much awareness of the game through streaming.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Like unless its absurdly easier to get points now, they pretty much just abandoned people with less time.

EDIT: Signature race is just waaay too long. I might not participate in more than 1
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Oct 22, 2014, 10:56:49 AM
No lifing made them create such a reward system.

There are some alt Art Demigod winners in last season with far over 1k Points because they nolifed.
In terms of quality they don't even make it to act 3 in 90 min.

GGG believes POE must be nolifed in every aspect so nolifing for high tier rewards.

So what do we have now?
3 month leagues with 1 month seasons and rewards can only be removed 8 weeks in, leaving 4 weeks to play.

So in fact all rewards end up in the junk leagues.

The only reason to even race are rewards.
Bad rewards means less participation.
Repetive modes means less participation.

For 4 seasons there is the same boring procedure.

Fill 35% with Sigs, 15% with bursts 45% with <=90min with 1-2 repetive mods.
Even veteran racers got tired of it and just raced for certain tier on multiple accounts.
Forgot which season had that flask at 1xx points, the summon sword at 360 and some junk 600 reward so many players just created dozen 1xx pts accs instead of one big one.

If GGG wants to keep up the same boring races they might as well bring back currency rewards, reward MTX or level 66 maps with fixed mods.

Devs don't even listen to feedback.
Nobody wanted to see corrupted sidezones and shrines yet GGG left them in.

Now guess what will happen next season. Beyond invaders popping out of nowhere in areas such as Forest or River Crossings.

What players want to see are new gamemodes or different content.
Exiles everywhere worked fine till GGG decided to add a oneshot exile. And because 3 times the same exile could spawn next to each other this race became pure randomness.

How about removing act1,2,3? in a void league race and adjust levels?

- 2hours too long. That s already the main reason of why I would not race this season. Waking up on weekend to play a 45-1h00 races is ok but more than that it is a pain.

-I hope there is more points given per levels. no way a casual can even do 500 pts in 1 month with stupid race hours.

-EU players usually never get races on Saturdays afternoon, last 3 seasons the races were on Saturdays morning then Sundays...good luck for those who have a job.

I am afraid it will be same this time again. With less races, there is not a lot UE that will be playing on weekend I am afraid.

Forum pvp
"
p0t wrote:
Racing in general has gotten progressively worse for me as the seasons continue. Everything from rewards, scheduling, race variety, balance within each race and GGG's attitude that racing isn't important enough to make priority or even reward players enough to create more popularity. It's really difficult to understand why they constantly nerf racing when it has such potential and creates so much awareness of the game through streaming.
Unless the casual/competitive race split mentioned previously is something meaningful, I imagine this season will see the lowest number of participants ever. Especially if the seasons are only going to be 4 weeks long as mentioned in http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1080262.
Unless they raise the point rewards to separate the best racers even further on the point scale... I don't see a lot of 1k points this season.

2 hour regular race is meh, would rather see a Dominus race. There is potential that new farming strats are made since it's enough time to progress, but it's hard to see something being better than Docks in a 2 hour timeframe.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Don't know why people are even bothered about reaching 1k... The only reward worth getting is at 500, and the only thing that matters after that is placing in top 20/sig records.

Also not sure why people think you will need to no life it hard to get 1k. I no lifed season 7 and got 2.4k points, in a season with about 33% more events than now. 1k should be easy for capable racers. Besides, way too many people were reaching 1k tiers in the recent seasons imo.

But as we've all established by now, these rewards are ultimately useless, especially with the extended time before you can take them out, and shortened league durations.

So here's the seasonal plea to GGG: Please find a way to make these alt art rewards, both 3d and 2d, a microtransaction effect. Do it as a gesture of respect for your artists at least, because at least half their work every season will never see the light of day otherwise.
Last edited by boof on Oct 22, 2014, 3:14:19 PM
"
boof wrote:
Don't know why people are even bothered about reaching 1k... The only reward worth getting is at 500, and the only thing that matters after that is placing in top 20/sig records.

Also not sure why people think you will need to no life it hard to get 1k. I no lifed season 7 and got 2.4k points, in a season with about 33% less events than now. 1k should be easy for capable racers. Besides, way too many people were reaching 1k tiers in the recent seasons imo.

Yeah but you do / did almost every race. These seasons also had a lot more Descent Champs / races that award points for dying than earlier seasons as well. I think that was the cause of influx in points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info