[FIX] A few solutions to common problems

So, when adding the registry value for the graphics drivers, is 'TdrLevel' just the Value Name? Is there anything I actually have to do besides create a DWORD string named 'TdrLevel'?
THY MIDLANDS SHALL BE MINE OWN OR I SHALL DEFECT
"

So, when adding the registry value for the graphics drivers, is 'TdrLevel' just the Value Name? Is there anything I actually have to do besides create a DWORD string named 'TdrLevel'?

The value name is "TdrLevel", the value data type is a DWORD and the value data must be set to 0 as this means disable.

(To set the value double-click the name of the value)
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
Last edited by Emjayen on Nov 3, 2013, 9:06:36 PM
For your first switch that utilizes the /3GB switch... do you need to set a 'linker flag'?
"
Analiser wrote:
whne i enter that text in cmd it sas
the boot config data could not be opened
access denied

im running as administrator

nvm got it

i have the same problem(the boot config data could not be opened
access denied)
what to do?
Question, if i install a 64bit version win will it stop crashing?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
does not work for me!!srry...bye bye poe
"
morcov wrote:
does not work for me!!srry...bye bye poe

Rather than posting a necro-bump in an old thread and saying nothing of value, you could instead post a new thread with your problem clearly described as well as all the things you've tried to fix it, and someone might actually be able to... you know... HELP you... that is what this forum is for after all.

If you just want to quit and give up on PoE because you tried something that someone else posted in a thread, be my guest. But if you want some actual support, you have to ... you know... ASK for it.

The way you do that is you create a NEW thread and CLEARLY describe your problem with any error messages, etc.. Then someone comes along and attempts to help you with the problem.

Read the "Rules" sticky post for more information.
thx
After using the /3GB switch, it takes a very long time to load into the game after choosing a character. Usually, when it seems like the game has finally loaded, some textures and parts of the UI aren't finished and I'm disconnected back to the log-in screen.

I'll keep goofing around with it, but I don't expect anything will be truly fixed until this is patched.
"

After using the /3GB switch, it takes a very long time to load into the game after choosing a character. Usually, when it seems like the game has finally loaded, some textures and parts of the UI aren't finished and I'm disconnected back to the log-in screen.

The caveats of using the /3G switch are unlikely to manifest themselves in the way in which you're describing. The most likely cause for the increased load time (assuming it's temporal) is due to the fact you recently restarted your computer (a required step to set /3G) which means the game's resources are not within system disk cache.

It actually sounds like there's an issue with the game's archive (Content.ggpk) and therefor I suggest you run a Pack Check: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531

EDIT: I think I may have misunderstood what you meant by 'load' -- if you mean you're failing to connect to the game server (and hence disconnection) then it may simply be a network issue as there have recently been a lot of reports regarding frequent disconnections / general connectivity issues.

If this is the case: considering selecting a different gateway.
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
Last edited by Emjayen on Dec 9, 2014, 7:27:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info