[FIX] A few solutions to common problems

Unbelievable.

After countless different suggestions and methods, this simple procedure actually works!

I'm currently running with 3G RAM and a ATI Radeon 4800 card. Windows 32 OS.

Most of my crashing occurred in Act 3 during zoning on low medium settings.

I've even been able to now play on High settings thanks to this piece of information...thank you very much!
IGN - Hamusuta

OK, so I need to know 2 things:
1. What does this fix do, and does it have any impact in other windows instances?
2. OP, have my babies, this solved everything for me!
Works!! I used the command a week ago, since now i have killed Piety almost 10-15 time and not a single map/c++ error , not even when i am changing maps!! (win7 32bit)

Thank you , you are an Exile saver!!
Last edited by PureRhymes on Mar 29, 2013, 5:22:50 PM
Hello!

I have been receiving the MapViewOfFile error when playing. I tried the fix suggested at the top of this Post (and then restarted my computer, as instructed). However, when I tried to open PoE, it refused to load entirely, showing only a black window with light brown lines across it (like the load screen had gotten skewed or similar). When I removed the "/3GB" (I have Windows XP) and restarted my computer again, PoE loaded like it normally would. And I still had the problem with the MapViewOfFile error. Are there any other possible ways to fix this?

Thanks!
"
StarDragger wrote:
Hello!

I have been receiving the MapViewOfFile error when playing. I tried the fix suggested at the top of this Post (and then restarted my computer, as instructed). However, when I tried to open PoE, it refused to load entirely, showing only a black window with light brown lines across it (like the load screen had gotten skewed or similar). When I removed the "/3GB" (I have Windows XP) and restarted my computer again, PoE loaded like it normally would. And I still had the problem with the MapViewOfFile error. Are there any other possible ways to fix this?

Thanks!

Those issues are not mutually inclusive. The load screen issue has been around since early closed beta. The VAS issues didn't appear for me until I started playing again in open beta. These are two separate issues.
This fix has worked for me so far, not a single crash since applying it (Windows 7, 32bit).

You're a genius! Thank you so much for your post, and for making the world (and Wraeclast) a better place!
"
Analiser wrote:
whne i enter that text in cmd it sas
the boot config data could not be opened
access denied

im running as administrator

nvm got it
The fix doesn't work for me.Each time I type in the command in CMD,it says the following:

The system cannot find the path specified.
Last edited by Wulfstan11 on May 7, 2013, 2:36:20 PM
Im logged in as Administrator but still getting acces denied :( have no clue what to do
"

Im logged in as Administrator but still getting acces denied :( have no clue what to do

"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info