[FIX] A few solutions to common problems

Thanks, and I don't care if it is a necro thread. I tried lots of stuff to fix this and nothing worked. I didn't see this thread so didn't ever try the 3gb switch. My problem just got a hell of a lot worse, not sure why, to the point that I couldn't even get into the sceptre of god. Just played thru sceptre and dominus and twilight strand with absolutely no crashes.

THANKS
Censored.
Thanks so much! I just relayed your advice to a friend, here's hoping it works!
Holy Snap, i'm using Windows 7 with 3GB RAM. So this means, my Path of Exile will be like this forever? I'm having troubles with this. I play it with Steam. I've done this Verify things, but still shows the stuff. Why? I need help.
Is your OS 32 or 64 bit?
Censored.
ty!!!!
it works! i love you man!!!!
I have passed this on to other gamers in other forums and it a simple fix which no one appears to know about.
Censored.
Hello , this may be kinda 'stupid' question , but does it matter on what disk I'm using the command ?

Let me describe why I'm making this post.Adter I've opened cmd , used cd\ to go back to parent folder 'C:\' then typed the command 'bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072' , got the message that confirmed that the function was succesfull. Not sure if it was necessary to go back on 'C:\' but i did it anyway :)
After restarting , run the game full of hopes , and got a pretty nice blow in the phase after changing 4th map, so I thought perhaps it wanted me to run the command in the disk that I had the game installed so made the same moves all over and went on 'E:\' run the bcdedit command then restarted , hopes renowned now went to try my luck , still got the error after 4 maps.

My PC is an Intel(R) Core(TM)2 DUO CPU E7500 @2.93GHz with 4GB ram (3.25 available to use) and runs in 32bit Win7 Ultimate

I even managed to finish normal difficulty with game closing at least 6 times in normal ,and got this linked from a friend. I only seem to have this problem on Act3 since I've finished Act1 without closing the game , and about 80~85% of Act2 the next day in one go, so I'm completely dazzled with this :S

If by any chance there is a thought on your spinning brain , please share :)

Thanks either way just for proving to be a savior on so many other people out there :)
Muchas gracias!
Using a 32 bits system and never heard of the first solution

and what does this mean
"The game's address space becomes extremely fragmented; tracing needed."

?
"

Hello , this may be kinda 'stupid' question , but does it matter on what disk I'm using the command ?

Let me describe why I'm making this post.Adter I've opened cmd , used cd\ to go back to parent folder 'C:\' then typed the command 'bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072' , got the message that confirmed that the function was succesfull. Not sure if it was necessary to go back on 'C:\' but i did it anyway :)
After restarting , run the game full of hopes , and got a pretty nice blow in the phase after changing 4th map, so I thought perhaps it wanted me to run the command in the disk that I had the game installed so made the same moves all over and went on 'E:\' run the bcdedit command then restarted , hopes renowned now went to try my luck , still got the error after 4 maps.

My PC is an Intel(R) Core(TM)2 DUO CPU E7500 @2.93GHz with 4GB ram (3.25 available to use) and runs in 32bit Win7 Ultimate

I even managed to finish normal difficulty with game closing at least 6 times in normal ,and got this linked from a friend. I only seem to have this problem on Act3 since I've finished Act1 without closing the game , and about 80~85% of Act2 the next day in one go, so I'm completely dazzled with this :S

If by any chance there is a thought on your spinning brain , please share :)

Thanks either way just for proving to be a savior on so many other people out there :)

To answer your question: No, you've done all that is required. As to why you're still experiencing this issue depends on which error you're actually receiving:

MapView or MapChunk
The problem could be due to a heavily fragmented archive which in turn is increasing internal address-space fragmentation resulting in eventual exhaustion of even the increased address-space. In this case you could try using the "GGPK Defragmenting Tool"

Out of memory or E_OUTOFMEMORY
Simply due to there being a lack of physical memory available and in which case try closing as many non-essential processes as possible.

"

Using a 32 bits system and never heard of the first solution

and what does this mean
"The game's address space becomes extremely fragmented; tracing needed."

?

Just copy and pasted from notes I made; not of much interest to players.
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info