So GGG doesn't give a hoot about botters & cheaters

"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"

it is a lie.

it is a lie beacause desync fiasco is being presented as 'we care for security and integrity so much that we decided to compromise on a gameplay a little'. thats what ggg have said numerous times (using different words but meaning is exact). while desync is a result of designing connectivity for the first time and then having no money/resources/knowledge to fix it.

about the security/integrity.. since CB they send entire location at load time (thus allowing undetectable maphacks as the data is there just to be taken), they do not have any form of obvious cheat detection (cheatengine.. ffs) and in general they dont care about rmt nor jsp cross league 'miraculous' wealth transfers.

racing has been decided by maphacks since forever. in a 'competetive' game

recently TWO high visibility players were banned. one was suspicious since month ago second was so slack as to speak about it in public. and if it wasnt for reddit drama noone would have banned him, too. i guess that after checking jsp more than 50% of current top50 of both ladders would have been banned. but this game cannot afford this kind of purge. most of these are high-level supporters..

I'm not sure about you but everyone knows for a fact that the game engine designed by a small game indie company more then a couple years ago would be in fact extremely shitty.

The last person they got optimized they game some but he quit, it's apparently really hard to get programmers and coders in Netherlands.

It would be great if the community put more effort toward helping to fill that position. Bitching on GD with half truths and limited understanding helps no one irt desync. (General comment, not directed at anyone specific)
Last edited by Nubatron on Oct 12, 2014, 7:17:52 AM
Like i said earlier, an rng code to unlock your stash and shuffle dialogue options will greatly reduce botters.
"
Zigma999 wrote:
Like i said earlier, an rng code to unlock your stash and shuffle dialogue options will greatly reduce botters.

For a week yes.
'community' is not in a position to help fix something they havent participating in getting broken in the first place. this is a commercial entity not some NFP organization.

it would ofc be nice if this or any other from 100s of similar threads made someone join ggg and help them

but aside from 'emotional' factors there are also 'business' factors when one thinks about joining a company (not this one, it is a general comment) - like salary, people to work with, previous record of success/failure, business model, predictable longevity of said model etc. i always though that NZ is a nice place to live with huge population. so it makes me wonder how is that possible that noone from NZ wants to fill in a non-rocket-science position. if it was my company after about 4-5months of failing to recruit an experienced guy id have hired 2-3 new guys and let them learn. after 6m id have at least one if not 2-3 experienced guys already.

"
RagnarokChu wrote:

I'm not sure about you but everyone knows for a fact that the game engine designed by a small game indie company more then a couple years ago would be in fact extremely shitty.

The last person they got optimized they game some but he quit, it's apparently really hard to get programmers and coders in Netherlands.

thats why most indie companies license existing engines as they know that starting from ground zero is way more expensive in the long run. but some a) have the capacity (or the think so) b) want to license the engine afterwards c) just expand on academy project theyve created so the engine is there for free already

Netherlands is in EU and it is very easy to get coders. GGG is from New Zeland.
"
sidtherat wrote:
'community' is not in a position to help fix something they havent participating in getting broken in the first place. this is a commercial entity not some NFP organization.

it would ofc be nice if this or any other from 100s of similar threads made someone join ggg and help them

but aside from 'emotional' factors there are also 'business' factors when one thinks about joining a company (not this one, it is a general comment) - like salary, people to work with, previous record of success/failure, business model, predictable longevity of said model etc. i always though that NZ is a nice place to live with huge population. so it makes me wonder how is that possible that noone from NZ wants to fill in a non-rocket-science position. if it was my company after about 4-5months of failing to recruit an experienced guy id have hired 2-3 new guys and let them learn. after 6m id have at least one if not 2-3 experienced guys already.

What the fuck are you talking about? NZ as whole country has less than 1/7th of population than each of the last 2 cities I lived in.
Last edited by symban on Oct 12, 2014, 7:29:59 AM
"
symban wrote:
"
Zigma999 wrote:

For a week yes.
If server side just projected an image only a person can read it will kick them in the nuts. May not stop them but can act as a hindrance.
"
symban wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

What the fuck are you talking about? NZ as whole country has less than 1/7th of population than each of the last 2 cities I lived in.

oh forgive me that ive used my 'imagination' about a country ive never visited instead of checking wikipedia. my bad.

point still stands - if something did not happen for over a year then maybe it is time to change something in the ways of trying to do that?

btw there are cities of over 20m around there..
The only way to fix this "hack" (which it isn't directly, it reads all the information the server sends your client at the loading time and displays it to you, as far as my assumptions are correct) is to not send those crucial information at the loading screen to your client.

Which means, you need to really run the map to find strongboxes. It also means "stuttering" like when opening a strongbox, only it loads now while you find it too.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Vincendra wrote:
The only way to fix this "hack" (which it isn't directly, it reads all the information the server sends your client at the loading time and displays it to you, as far as my assumptions are correct) is to not send those crucial information at the loading screen to your client.

Which means, you need to really run the map to find strongboxes. It also means "stuttering" like when opening a strongbox, only it loads now while you find it too.

Part of the problem is knowing that it is in the map/area that you load. I can usually tell when there is 'something' in an area just based upon load times through eyeballing it. Half the time it's a strong box or something but easily 1/3 to 1/2 a second longer load time...noticeable. If I can eyeball it, it's exploitable by someone smarter than me.

It sounds like people are actually able to know exactly what is in an area...not necessarily where, but knowing there is a master or corrupted or arcanist, etc. is very powerful.

Loading these assets while running an area could cause a lag/freeze/stutter depending on machine performance.

Personally, I would suggest loading these assets every time and taking the performance hit. I know this will never happen though because toasters out there will go 30-40 seconds and die after grace period half the time. That will be terrible for PR.

Difficult situation with so many constraints. Beating cheaters is an uphill battle that can never be won, only mitigated.
Last edited by Nubatron on Oct 12, 2014, 8:25:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info