So GGG doesn't give a hoot about botters & cheaters

i really like this they ignored this for 1,5 years now and now shit hits the fan
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Fake images huh?
Bet I faked that zoom abuse too huh?
Im two seconds from just posting his stream.

Last edited by NHShd on Oct 11, 2014, 7:27:41 PM
Are you naturally this much of a blind airhead or do you put on an act.
Like.. is it your internet personality?
Good job on advertising that hack mr ohh so concerned about hacks that he is showing everyone on the forums it.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Hacks are real. No argument there. If anyone has any suspicions about it, answer is 5 min google away.

But I dont think they are really that big of a deal. There are no hacks that alter your stats/damage/drops/items. It more of a Quality of Life improvements made by hackers.
Alright people, look.

Hacking is in the game, it's real, it's easy to pull off, and that is a simple fact.

The game has little protection besides the fact that it handles a lot of things server side. HOWEVER, that is clearly not enough.
The way I see it, GGG is turning a blind eye on some game aspects - but perhaps not of their own will.

It's normal for people to sometimes loose perspective. I bet they were pretty secure with their implementation of handling things server side, and that it would be enough to prevent most hacks.

However, some exploit was found, and they were caught off guard. Now the important thing is that they need not to ignore the issue, but fix it.
And to fix it, they of course have to acknowledge it and accept it exists.

Sometimes we refuse/do not want to believe stuff that goes against our logic, but that's not always the best approach.

Good thing the community helps put things into perspective.

EDIT: Also, hacks finding boxes are not really as harmful as duping or spawning items, but they still can make a dent in the games economy, which is already one-sided enough. And most know, PoE is all about economy.

DblEDIT: Also, showing the hacks on a forum post is not an issue, stop pretending it is. If you can't google "Path of Exile Hacks", you probably can't even get the hack to work to begin with.
Last edited by Syde on Oct 11, 2014, 8:07:19 PM
Anyone else think he was caught cheating and is now raging because of it? Seen similar things in the past. Maybe he did that d2j thing, whatever that is. He seemed to think it was minor.

Seriously, get a grip. It is an online game.
"
Syde wrote:
Alright people, look.

Hacking is in the game, it's real, it's easy to pull off, and that is a simple fact.

The game has little protection besides the fact that it handles a lot of things server side. HOWEVER, that is clearly not enough.
The way I see it, GGG is turning a blind eye on some game aspects - but perhaps not of their own will.

It's normal for people to sometimes loose perspective. I bet they were pretty secure with their implementation of handling things server side, and that it would be enough to prevent most hacks.

However, some exploit was found, and they were caught off guard. Now the important thing is that they need not to ignore the issue, but fix it.
And to fix it, they of course have to acknowledge it and accept it exists.

Sometimes we refuse/do not want to believe stuff that goes against our logic, but that's not always the best approach.

Good thing the community helps put things into perspective.

EDIT: Also, hacks finding boxes are not really as harmful as duping or spawning items, but they still can make a dent in the games economy, which is already one-sided enough. And most know, PoE is all about economy.

DblEDIT: Also, showing the hacks on a forum post is not an issue, stop pretending it is. If you can't google "Path of Exile Hacks", you probably can't even get the hack to work to begin with.

Does that mean youre hacking? O_O
Every time someone mentions the loot alert hack, I realize I'd pay GGG good money to implement a drop filter so that I don't have to squint at the monitor all the time to not miss that 6s lying in a pile of junk.
Hey guys,

We understand that this topic naturally creates a lot of passionate debate among the community, however please adhere to our Forum Guidelines when posting. Antagonising other users doesn't help the issue or serve your argument well.

To address the OP's concerns - I assure you that we thoroughly investigate each report that is made to us. We gather as much evidence as we can about an account to support these claims, however, if we don't have solid evidence of an event we can't take action against the account.

We are also unable to release information about other player's accounts or provide information that would allow players to subvert detection. This means you won't be able to know the result of the report you've made or why we've come to whichever conclusion has been made.

As most of you know, this is something we take very seriously, in regards to offenders and non offenders alike. We do work vigilantly to prevent these offences and catch those who are undermining gameplay. However, the vast majority of this action is taken quietly and without much hoopla.

To the OP - If you've already contacted support with this information then this will be being looked into. However, I will pass this information to the appropriate people to ensure that it's looked at.

If I can help anyone with anything, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info