[Beyond] K19's CI Crit Ice Spear - Perma Freeze Bosses (10k+ ES)

Ahhh
finaly =D perfect for this build

Free bumps too
Last edited by Evangela on Nov 3, 2014, 4:55:40 AM
What do u think about pierce on ice spear ?
"
reskone wrote:
What do u think about pierce on ice spear ?

Think this has come up multiple times.

My main issue with having pierce is reflect, if you are spamming away off screen and you pierce a whole a reflect pack with 100% crit, and you don't see it so don't have a sapphire up - its pretty dangerous. If you want to pierce stuff - just get closer and maybe use a bit more crit chance on the tree.

Also, you would loose alot of on hit damage, so your freezing would be weaker.
IGN - Kinespear
i guess u are right i didnt consider the impact on freeze duration, i liked it because it reduces a lot mana cost.

also i have a few questions left :D

-have u done atziri with this build ?

what do u think of adding dream fragment and chalya (corrupted 1% cold leech) and to remove doryani's belt for one with high es/resistances, and dream fragment could allow us to spam a bit more with 50% mana regen + clarity
i cant test myself cause im playing like a retard in standart with a full dmg gear waiting for next hc league, and the price are so high in standart that it would takes me some months to get only an ES chest lol
"
reskone wrote:
i guess u are right i didnt consider the impact on freeze duration, i liked it because it reduces a lot mana cost.

also i have a few questions left :D

-have u done atziri with this build ?

what do u think of adding dream fragment and chalya (corrupted 1% cold leech) and to remove doryani's belt for one with high es/resistances, and dream fragment could allow us to spam a bit more with 50% mana regen + clarity
i cant test myself cause im playing like a retard in standart with a full dmg gear waiting for next hc league, and the price are so high in standart that it would takes me some months to get only an ES chest lol

I haven't done aztiri with that character as it isn't really one of my goals, Though I know there are many people who have done it with a similar build (most of the time swapping Freeze pulse and added lightning in for atziri) so it is definately possible.

a 1% leech Chayula would be nice, but you loose out on alot of ES by dropping the amulet, (my new amulet has around 35% increased max energy sheild - double roll and int) along with Crit multiplier, and LOTS of stats - you would need to spend another 3+ points to get the stats back. ES/Resist belt doesn't really make much difference - if you can get resists on other gear the flat es gives you around 150-200 max es. While the belt gives strength cold damage and resists.

Being stunned isn't a huge problem for me - in fact as I use CWS instead of CWDT i like getting stunned because it proc's my IC and EC.

Dream fragments is ok, and is a viable choice - but I use Berek's grip, and I need the resists from the other ring.
IGN - Kinespear
So I've been playing rampage but with a few weeks left, decided to try out Beyond just because. I have to say, I'm loving this build. I basically started from nothing and have had little to no trouble with any content so far (up to A2C). I was a bit lucky and had a Lifesprig drop for me in the first hour of playing Beyond so I've been using that. Basically in a 2L, Freezing Pulse, Ice Spear and LMP in Lifesprig.

I havent been lucky enough to find a decent chest yet but so far, thumbs up from me. I'll probably continue playing this in Hardcore/STandard (if I die) until the new leagues start. Just wanted to leave my appreciation.

-Jax
"
Jaxom wrote:
So I've been playing rampage but with a few weeks left, decided to try out Beyond just because. I have to say, I'm loving this build. I basically started from nothing and have had little to no trouble with any content so far (up to A2C). I was a bit lucky and had a Lifesprig drop for me in the first hour of playing Beyond so I've been using that. Basically in a 2L, Freezing Pulse, Ice Spear and LMP in Lifesprig.

I havent been lucky enough to find a decent chest yet but so far, thumbs up from me. I'll probably continue playing this in Hardcore/STandard (if I die) until the new leagues start. Just wanted to leave my appreciation.

-Jax

IGN - Kinespear
Have you done any theory crafting for 1.3?
As I have mentioned before, I really liked this char for solo iir/iiq farming. Definetly the most fun build i have played on rampage.
Here is my take on the new skill tree:

From what I can see, the build will be buffed for 1.3, most noteably the 30% extra damage to frozen/shocked enemys. Looking forward to running this in the new league.

IIR
easy: 150/20 with 290/40 for bosses (40-50% iir from helm, around 100% iir from rings + amu, 20% iiq from boots, 67% iir gem and 52%-78% iir 15-23% iiq from flask)
additional iir: aurseize 50% iir, 40% iir from shield swap, more iir on jewlery for up to 230% total iir

"
Tyhmyys wrote:
Have you done any theory crafting for 1.3?
As I have mentioned before, I really liked this char for solo iir/iiq farming. Definetly the most fun build i have played on rampage.
Here is my take on the new skill tree:

From what I can see, the build will be buffed for 1.3, most noteably the 30% extra damage to frozen/shocked enemys. Looking forward to running this in the new league.

IIR
easy: 150/20 with 290/40 for bosses (40-50% iir from helm, around 100% iir from rings + amu, 20% iiq from boots, 67% iir gem and 52%-78% iir 15-23% iiq from flask)
additional iir: aurseize 50% iir, 40% iir from shield swap, more iir on jewlery for up to 230% total iir

Nice addition to the discussion. I'm wondering how your version of the build is affected by not getting the mana reserveration nodes. Seems that you might hurt for later on in the game. Also, why no Pain Attunement?
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
My experience was that I needed to have around 300 unreserved mana for relaxed gameplay. Thats without faster casting, and no extra mana reg on gear and no clarity. For me getting % max mana nodes was more efficent to achieve that. If you need more mana, you can get soul siphon (2 points). I was thinking it might be worth to get sniper. Thats 4 points from soul siphone. The 20 dext from coordination might be enough to take out the 30 dext node, reducing the cost to 3 points. For that you would get 8% mana, 30% projectile damage and 6% cast speed (usefull when you don't have faster casting linked).
It might be better to take righteous decree (3 points from elementalist). From there you can get sanctity for another 2 points (thats basicly two 6% es nodes with bonuses like 6% skill cost reduction and 20% armor).
If you want the aura nodes, you can still get sovereignty or influence (both 4 points).
We are CI, so we can't use pain attunement. For it to work you need to be below 35% health. CI is allways at max health, or dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info