[Beyond] K19's CI Crit Ice Spear - Perma Freeze Bosses (10k+ ES)

So, since I got a shavs, I decided to go full iir and changed to low life. It's kinda yolo, but actually pretty good (for softcore). You loose a lot of es, but you gain pain attunement (basicly turns a 5l into a 6l). Chaos damage can be a bitch, but mostly you are fine. I have been soloing courtyards. The tooltip for ice-spear is a joke. I have 9k with no charges and gmp, 12,6k with lmp. The actual dps is much higher, since I have 7 powercharges and 600% more crit from second form. The cold penetration is insanely good, making 75% cold res mod irrelevant.
I have 413/17 iir for now. Still need to tweak my gear. I might make a seperate guide for mf ice spear, don't wanna confuse ppl playing hardcore.

My gear
Last edited by Tyhmyys on Dec 27, 2014, 8:53:15 PM
Nice addition as always. I'd like to add that the tool tip DPS for ice spear is incredibly laughable as well. I'll see how it works out at higher levels, but so far what really hurts me in this build is the mana costs for the build. Makes it slightly less fun :-/
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
A few things. To the OP, I see that you updated your original post. Mind telling us what exactly you added?

To those following the guide, I would just like to add some information regarding how I am experiencing the build at level 82 on Bloodlines. If there are any tips, please help me!

Build at lvl 82
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4FQg2NDlwPxBBYEQ8RLxFQFdcXLxdUGyUc3B0UIvQrCiycLL8tRzW5O3xBlkLDRKtFfkbXSVFJsUuuTC1Ms1AwUEJT1FWuVdZWY1xrXfJfKmTnZp5q-mwLbRlwUnDVcYV0VX5Zf8aApIIQhEiGronTjDaMdo2CjmSPRo-mj_qTJ5uhnwGio6crrJius6-bsUK297b6tzG4yrmTwBrBxcMJw23Q9dHk18_ZW9q5217fhN-K37DpAuv17BjviPDV8h3zEfem99f5N_rS

Note the difference where I dip into the Templar side of the tree to acquire Celestial Punishment/Judgement. I'm starting to wonder if its worth it to go that far, or should I instead get Heart of Ice which I still have not picked up from the tree.

Gear

My priorities have been ES/res on gear as well as whatever critical damage I can get. Luckily I was able to get some crit damage on my wand and ammy. The recent nerf to crit damage is being felt severely because even with a 5L chest my DPS with an LMP gem is sad...

DPS

To the OP, is there anything I can do to improve this build. I'm sure getting a 6L would be a great boon to the build, but how much more DPS can I actually get from a 6L? Also, how can I optimize this build per the tree?

Thanks.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
A few things. To the OP, I see that you updated your original post. Mind telling us what exactly you added?

To those following the guide, I would just like to add some information regarding how I am experiencing the build at level 82 on Bloodlines. If there are any tips, please help me!

Build at lvl 82
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4FQg2NDlwPxBBYEQ8RLxFQFdcXLxdUGyUc3B0UIvQrCiycLL8tRzW5O3xBlkLDRKtFfkbXSVFJsUuuTC1Ms1AwUEJT1FWuVdZWY1xrXfJfKmTnZp5q-mwLbRlwUnDVcYV0VX5Zf8aApIIQhEiGronTjDaMdo2CjmSPRo-mj_qTJ5uhnwGio6crrJius6-bsUK297b6tzG4yrmTwBrBxcMJw23Q9dHk18_ZW9q5217fhN-K37DpAuv17BjviPDV8h3zEfem99f5N_rS

Note the difference where I dip into the Templar side of the tree to acquire Celestial Punishment/Judgement. I'm starting to wonder if its worth it to go that far, or should I instead get Heart of Ice which I still have not picked up from the tree.

Gear

My priorities have been ES/res on gear as well as whatever critical damage I can get. Luckily I was able to get some crit damage on my wand and ammy. The recent nerf to crit damage is being felt severely because even with a 5L chest my DPS with an LMP gem is sad...

DPS

To the OP, is there anything I can do to improve this build. I'm sure getting a 6L would be a great boon to the build, but how much more DPS can I actually get from a 6L? Also, how can I optimize this build per the tree?

Thanks.

I didn't really do alot when I edited it, just made sure that nothing was particularly outdated. I've had a look at the skill tree and thought about going to the templar side, I just feel you spend alot of nodes travelling when there are very efficient damage nodes already in the shadow tree.

I've thought about maybe a zealot's oath version, so you don't have to go and get ghost reaver - this way you can stick in templar/witch tree and not waste too many points. I feel the problem with this is the lack of that much regen in that section of the tree - 2.2% around templar (could get 1% or more if you go to the start of the scion) but really - you would need 5%+ regen, and running vitality is quite annoying.

Might look something like this - just threw it together now.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAW8FQgceDlwPxBBYEQ8RUBXXFy8XVBpsGyUdFCKBLJwsvy0fL28wlzW5N4E5ijt8QZZEq0V-RtdJUUuuTC1Ms1AwU9RVrlXWVkpWY1cpW6Bca18qZOdo8mr6bRlwu3GFdFV8DnxLfsd_xoCkghCCm4RIhq6Leox2jYKOPI5kj0aPpo_6lSCVLpZ0mjuboZ2unjyeoZ8BoqOnCKcrp1WsmK6zr5uxQraGtvq3MbjKuZPAGsHFwfPDCcNt0PXR5NWm2RPZW9te34rfsOL35CLk6-WL6QLr9ewY7DjtIO088NXyHfem98H31_nb-tI=

The crit multi nerf was huge, it halved in effect really, to the point of unless you have a 20/20 crit multi, using other gems is definately a possibility.

I'm not playing this build in bloodlines - so can't say exactly how much 1.3 has affected it. But I think its still very strong, it just requires alot of grinding and constant min maxing.

Your tree is pretty good, the only thing is the trek to the templar - but it seems to all be done as effciently as possible, will be interesting to hear how it feels in a few levels.
IGN - Kinespear
Made it to 84 with this build, and while you can certainly do a lot of maps and bosses, I have to say the mana sustain makes it unplayable. I thought the surgeon's mana flasks was a very clever idea in the BotW video, but in practice, they are far too annoying to sustain smooth, fun gameplay. The build does what it's supposed to and works if you're patient, but managing both power charges and mana flasks simultaneously is too much of a chore for me, personally.
I don't think Power Charges are that necessary on an Ice Spear build. With all the relevant crit nodes and a wand or dagger with high crit chance, you will already have ~80% crit chance on the second form of Ice Spear. The difference from 80% to the 95% cap is not that noticeable, and you can spend the extra skill points on mana regen.
You could probably fit arctic armor somewhere too. Maybe instead of increased duration in immortal call setup.

Anyway, what you think about Marylene's Fallacy?
I guess it wouldn't be enough if you swapped crit damage with crit chance gem?
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Marylene%27s_Fallacy
Last edited by Elektrus on Jan 23, 2015, 1:35:38 AM
What do you think about Catalyst as a weapon of choice?
I am thinking of using Saffels for a shield to avoid crazy reflect issues(playing HC) such as hitting mobs off screen without noticing and losing half of the energy pool after crit. Yes I would lose some DPS and ES but I would gain some spell block(with rainbowstrides would work really well imo) and +4 to all maximum res, which will serve me well against many bosses. Or do you think having Ghost reaver and +1% cold life leech is enough to sustain elemental reflect?
Last edited by Dr1MaR on Feb 3, 2015, 6:25:29 AM
Im 85 lvl and only have 5k dps sth is not right xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info