[Beyond] K19's CI Crit Ice Spear - Perma Freeze Bosses (10k+ ES)

hey there,
I just saw another possibility to decrease reserved mana at lvl 90+, investing 7 passive points.
1. remove the 30 Dex node - 1 point
2. remove the 6% aura effect and 4% reduced reserved node just below the ES ring - 2 points
3. remove the cold damage and freeze duration node at Fingers of Frost ring - 2 points.
4. you need 2 more points, meaning you either need lvl 92, or you remove the 3 flask nodes (lvl 89) or instead two ES nodes (-15%, lvl 90).
5. now follow the bottom skill line at True Strike, specing into 3 Dex nodes (giving back the 30 Dex) and then 4 points to get Charisma.

This change would mean:
- you lose 15% ES at lvl 90 or the flask nodes at lvl 89. Future point go into Fingers of Frost or give back the flask nodes, so you cannot put the points into more ES.
+ you win 8% reduced Mana reserved, 12% aura radius and 10 Int

--> not ideal, but it might help running both Heralds? What do you think?
Last edited by Saibaschbeis on Oct 29, 2014, 12:23:55 PM
would swapping added lightning out for pcoc, and using frostbite/ele weakness instead of assassin's mark result in faster map clearing speed?
"
Saibaschbeis wrote:
hey there,
I just saw another possibility to decrease reserved mana at lvl 90+, investing 7 passive points.
1. remove the 30 Dex node - 1 point
2. remove the 6% aura effect and 4% reduced reserved node just below the ES ring - 2 points
3. remove the cold damage and freeze duration node at Fingers of Frost ring - 2 points.
4. you need 2 more points, meaning you either need lvl 92, or you remove the 3 flask nodes (lvl 89) or instead two ES nodes (-15%, lvl 90).
5. now follow the bottom skill line at True Strike, specing into 3 Dex nodes (giving back the 30 Dex) and then 4 points to get Charisma.

This change would mean:
- you lose 15% ES at lvl 90 or the flask nodes at lvl 89. Future point go into Fingers of Frost or give back the flask nodes, so you cannot put the points into more ES.
+ you win 8% reduced Mana reserved, 12% aura radius and 10 Int

--> not ideal, but it might help running both Heralds? What do you think?

I did a bit of maths and the difference between having charisma and not, is 6% total mana- which for me is around 60 more un-reserved mana. After doing testing I believe to sustain a 6l with decent cast speed and mana flask/berek's grip, you need around 400 un reserved mana. When it comes to boosting Mana, the max mana nodes will give a decent boost. for me to increase my un reserved mana by 60, i'd need around 25% increased max mana, which I can get for 2ish nodes.

good idea, might be worth including when i start thinking about build variations.
IGN - Kinespear
"
onijacques wrote:
would swapping added lightning out for pcoc, and using frostbite/ele weakness instead of assassin's mark result in faster map clearing speed?

Well, I need added lightning for Mana leech with Berek's grip. but swapping Pcoc for ele prolif/FC and using ele weak wouldn't make a difference to clear speed (quite possibly slower)

Most monsters have little to no resist, so 30-40 % resistance reduction is 30-40% more damage, and Assassins mark gives 40% more damage on crit/increased crit chance - and negates the need for Pcoc.

and if charges from assasins mark are about to drop, I throw out 1 Pcoc ice spear (side link) to maintain. Bosses usually die in 2-3 seconds so worries about power charges dropping isn't really an issue.

note: my Pcoc side link with ice spear has around 12k LMP dps - so its not really a big damage loss.
IGN - Kinespear
Hi, just wanted to add my 2 cents to the discussion. I am a soft core scrub who loves item rarity/quantity. I also love running stupid maps with -player res, immune curses and stuff. So, I tweeked the build for iir/iiq and very lazy gameplay. Since cursing is to annoying, I have powercharge on crit in my main attack. I use cold penetration, cos it is a necessity against resist mobs for me. On bosses, I switch gmp to lmp. Thats enough to freeze bosses, even on no curse maps.

gear
and
on switch

Was thinking about running this build for next league, so made it on a budged. the 6l cost me only 7 exa, and the rest of the gear another 4-5 ex and another 4 exa for the flasks.

flask

It is very easy to use divination flask on this build. For me, having above 300 mana is the sweet spot to make using mana flasks efficent. For that I invested 2 points into soul siphon. That way I can run both heralds + discipline and have no issue with mana, since I don't use faster casting.
"
k19 wrote:
"
onijacques wrote:

Well, I need added lightning for Mana leech with Berek's grip. but swapping Pcoc for ele prolif/FC and using ele weak wouldn't make a difference to clear speed (quite possibly slower)

Most monsters have little to no resist, so 30-40 % resistance reduction is 30-40% more damage, and Assassins mark gives 40% more damage on crit/increased crit chance - and negates the need for Pcoc.

and if charges from assasins mark are about to drop, I throw out 1 Pcoc ice spear (side link) to maintain. Bosses usually die in 2-3 seconds so worries about power charges dropping isn't really an issue.

note: my Pcoc side link with ice spear has around 12k LMP dps - so its not really a big damage loss.

i know there's a drop in tool tip dps, since im asking to swap out a gem with dmg for another w/o, but i saw your full clear videos(they were awesome) and the charges uptime wasnt very frequent, at least to me, and from passives its 4% increased spell dmg per charge, so maybe with pcoc the frequent 20%++ spell damage would be preferable?

so factoring out the berek's grip u got recently, im really wondering if actual clear speed might be significantly faster in this case, or am i just making u repeat urself again lol
Last edited by onijacques on Oct 30, 2014, 12:31:04 PM
"
onijacques wrote:

i know there's a drop in tool tip dps, since im asking to swap out a gem with dmg for another w/o, but i saw your full clear videos(they were awesome) and the charges uptime wasnt very frequent, at least to me, and from passives its 4% increased spell dmg per charge, so maybe with pcoc the frequent 20%++ spell damage would be preferable?

so factoring out the berek's grip u got recently, im really wondering if actual clear speed might be significantly faster in this case, or am i just making u repeat urself again lol

In my opinion power charges are nice, but you dont NEED to have them up the whole time, because ice spear has 600% increased crit in the second form, 50% per charge isn't the most important thing in the world - also, I don't use Pcoc because when I play in parties someone usually has conduit.

at the end of the day it comes down to preference, and I don't feel I need Pcoc (though i sometimes swap it for ele prolif on bosses) but if you prefer it - use it.
IGN - Kinespear
"
Tyhmyys wrote:
Hi, just wanted to add my 2 cents to the discussion. I am a soft core scrub who loves item rarity/quantity. I also love running stupid maps with -player res, immune curses and stuff. So, I tweeked the build for iir/iiq and very lazy gameplay. Since cursing is to annoying, I have powercharge on crit in my main attack. I use cold penetration, cos it is a necessity against resist mobs for me. On bosses, I switch gmp to lmp. Thats enough to freeze bosses, even on no curse maps.

gear
and
on switch

Was thinking about running this build for next league, so made it on a budged. the 6l cost me only 7 exa, and the rest of the gear another 4-5 ex and another 4 exa for the flasks.

flask

It is very easy to use divination flask on this build. For me, having above 300 mana is the sweet spot to make using mana flasks efficent. For that I invested 2 points into soul siphon. That way I can run both heralds + discipline and have no issue with mana, since I don't use faster casting.

Looks really sweet, I need to get a divination/rumi's but struggling with the idea of spending around 8 exalts on flasks!

What sort of rarity/quantity do you have overall?
IGN - Kinespear
I use

instead of

More damage and ES.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
"
Rusherboy wrote:
I use

instead of

More damage and ES.

"Damage" is very questionable, your tooltip might be higher, but if the ice spear is in second form its going to crit anyway so multi is much more important (i've covered this in the guide).

Es is nice of course, but the 80% mana cost is going to make ice spear cost around 260 mana per cast in a 6l, its pretty un sustainable and not really worth the increased crit chance.

Also, Maligaro's give Dex which saves a point on the tree.

If you can sustain the mana cost then they are nice gloves, but it was game breaking for me when I tried it.
IGN - Kinespear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info