Misa's Currency/Trade Guide - (~^_^)~quite a bit is done! D:- ~(^_^~)

Hey Guys, once my finals are over i think i will add a few videos :P If my computer was better i would stream for a bit but sadly it is a 4 year old laptop.

There are still more to add and methods to be discovered :P
Currently investigating:

Crafting Harb/Ambusher
Currency farming
Map Boss Sprinting

Current Responses:
Spoiler
"
HRDL wrote:
we want more!! XD

"
Boem wrote:
I enjoyed reading this somehow.

Hello Exiles!
Misa ( an alias as usual (~^_^)~ ) here to help out all players! This guide will focus on generating currency from recipes and vendors, shop management, and investing into unique items!(Buy low, sell high)

It will be seperated into 7 Parts
Spoiler
( or more as i discover more lucrative ways to make monies ~(^_^~))

1. How to: Chaos recipe

2. How to: Regal Recipe or Identify

3. How to: Buy, Use or Sell Maps.

4. How to: Merchandise

5. How to: How to use Trade chat

6. Knowing the ins and outs of items

7. How to: Invest

Conclusions

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To prove that this work, like all post i must show show you my stash of some exalts and items and crap and tell you a story about how i made it ladeda donkey kong pshhh.

Spoiler

I do not play often, a week ago i had around 1 exalt + 30c worth of other currency when my guildmate had an auxium drop and i needed one but i could not afford it. (Q_Q) After a bit of vendor recipe and getting from lv 82->86, i made around 12 exalts from various techniques that i will write about on this guide. The most expensive item i have ever picked up in rampage is an alpha howls. This should prove that something is working or that i have great luck ^_^.

One thing i would like to clarify before i begin is that this is not about how much currency you can make per hour grinding but rather how efficiently you can make currency as you layer multiple techniques onto each other. Always question yourself - Can i do what i do faster and better?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are a New / Intermediate / Veteran player, this guide is intended to:

Newbie:
Spoiler
help develop an efficient method of generating currency besides drop
please learn the various vendor recipe here : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system

Intermediate players:
Spoiler
improve efficiency with other unused recipe

Veterans:
Spoiler
Fix and improve upon previous methods of generating currency

TL;DR Version:
Spoiler
Obviously if the effort you put into this reading is reflected upon in game, then quit now.

1. How to Chaos Recipe efficiently
The Chaos recipe will generate a reliable stream of currency from Rare items into chaos orbs, Depending on your mapping speed, you should usually clear 3-5 maps per hour on average pick up around ____ number of rares. ( will be doing tests and listing out my drops)

All items with itemlevel below 74 will usually be junk so it is 100% more efficient to vendor UNIDENTIFIED sets
IF I ASKED YOU WOULD YOU LIKE 2 CHAOS or 1 CHAOS, I THINK THE ANSWER IS OBVIOUS.
Why identify junk and vendor for alt shards(unless u have a fetish for this, then that i respect..or not)
If you do the unid recipe and yield 2x more chaos than the regular fellow then you sir are efficient.

The basic of this recipe is
2x one hand weapon or 1x 2 hand weapon
2x rings
1x amulet
1x belt
1x body armour
1x boot
1x glove
1x helmet
FAQ: no i do not put my clothes on in this order.
All of the items above must have an item level of 60+, you can verify or check their level by picking it up and typing /itemlevel on your chatbox.
The wiki link is http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system#Full_Rare_Sets
----90% of ppl have probably quit here and will remaining poor jks...----

You first want to use 2 stash tabs or how many more/less depending on the size of your chaos recipe operation. IF you have premium tab, name one chaos armour and the other chaos weapon.
You might want them to look like:
Spoiler

The hardest part of this recipe is finding the Amulet and 2 Rings as jewelry drop less frequently while the easiest part of this recipe should be the weapons and body armor
Knowing this how can we overcome this barrier and how can we make it more efficient?

Below will be a mini guide on efficient storage, you can skip if you want
Spoiler
First let's look at weapons:

Common 2h weapons such as

take up 8 spots for 2 "one hands"
while
common 1h weapons such as

take up 6 slows for 1 "1 hand"

Both of these take up way too much space for the amount of "hands" they provide in the recipe
When you are mapping and looting through lv 60+ zones, you want to pick up all Rare Thicket Bows

Next we look at armour
I personally like to line up my helmets, plates, boots, gloves and belts then fill the last line with amulet and rings to pretend it's a game of tetris and when i can clear multiple lines i reward myself by vaaling shit. :P

The hardest part of this is usually the rings and amulet so i usually leave them at the bottom.
Each line can hold exactly all the armor/ jewelry portion of the chaos recipe

Our next page will hold thicket bows and 1hand 3 space weapons such as daggers and swords.

When you have cleared a line, take out the line of armour from top to bottom and the weapons afterwards and you will realise they fit exactly into half of your inventory. You can clear two lines at the same time to save space :P

Next we will look at how to make this more efficient since the intermediate lv players will all say "I know the chaos recipe duh, why do i even have to read your stupid guide?"

The hardest component of this recipe is the amulet and through experience it is a hassle
We will supplement this shortage with two other recipes: the 7 iron ring recipe, the 2 amulet fusion recipe:

When you take a rare coral ring(w/ itemlv 60-74) and sell it along with 7 iron rings (Whites or Magic, Rares do not work) to the vendor, you will notice you get a .... RARE UNID AMULET! GODBLESS

If you sell two of the three rare: Amber amulet, Jade Amulet, Lapis Amulet with a transmutation orb, you will notice you get a..... RARE UNID AMULET! GODBLESS

With both recipe you can convert other items and white amulets into rare UNID amulet!
When used with the chaos recipe in UNID Form you will yield 2 Chaos! If you have a coral ring and an orb of alchemy, and 7 iron ring, or 2 orbs of alchemy, 1 transmutation orb and two of the trinity amulets you can convert these into unid amulets! So start picking those white/blue iron rings, white amber/lapis/jade amulet and white coral rings kid!

FAQ:
Why should i spend orbs of alchemy when i can obviously wait for an amulet to drop?
1/2 Orb of Alchemy < 2 Chaos orb, you're trying to clear the recipe quickly, not wait for that godblessed amulet.

Why shouldn't i unidentify the chaos recipe items? Why not take a chance?
What we strive for is consistency and efficiency, to have a random variable of items missing due to being moved to a shop tab and wasting time wondering if a rare will sell for 2-3c, i would rather burn it unidentified since the item lv is below 74 and will not be able to reach the T1 tiers.

Should i identify items earlier in a new league?
Yes, when a new league has just begun, there is a much higher tolerance for bad roll items as there is a lack of the them in the market, sell fast and start investing!

2. How to pick between either Regal Recipe and Identify
Hello guys! Assuming you have read the Chaos recipe, you will know that this is the same as the chaos recipe except with a twist: your items have itemlvs between 75-84 and will be able to reach the T1 Rolls. The main point of this section is to distinguish what to identify and what to burn for the 2-3 regal recipe which is equivalent to 4-6chaos here on ramp! ^_^
I personally think it is much better to farm maps and reach late game rather than farming frags which is unreliable.

The first you will have to learn is the base of the item!
Refer to : http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/weapon
and http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/armour
and a bit of personal experience.
The game recycles graphics of items in a tier based system where you can find the same item picture from Normal, Cruel and Merciless such as the Astral Plate, Sun Plate, and Full Plate, where each one can be found in lv 62, 45 and 28 zones. This the same same base item except with the requirements of 180 STR, 124 STR and 81 STR. All three items can drop in rare form in 73+ Maps and this will mean you need to distiguish which is junk and which is treasure.
-Junk will be vendored in unidentified form along with low itemlv rings with crappy bases and amulet for 2regals!
-Treasured items such as the almighty Astral plate with its 8-10 all resistance will be identified to look for that 100life 55 all resistances 1.5k armour plate that we all look for.

IF you have ever watched Hegy's stream on (insert endorsement ^_^)
http://www.twitch.tv/hegemonytv/profile
you will realise he does multiple recipe crafting at the same time in high lv maps and this practice has made him very very rich. He also does hegy crafting which we will also use if you have the stash tabs available!

3. How to Buy, Sell and Use Maps
Hello everyone! Current in the market
74 maps cost 2-2.5chaos
75 maps cost 3.5-4.5chaos
76 maps cost 5.5-6.5 chaos
77 maps cost 12-14chaos
78 maps cost 20-25chaos

If you see the curve or the difference between prices then you obviously can see that there is profit to be made!
There are two ways to profit off maps that i am familiar:

Method 1: Run Maps
Fun, Easy, Simple. I love it!

As you do the chaos/regal recipe along with the jewellery recipe and Hegy craft as you collect uniques and currencies, you will realize no matter how bad the map is, you are always making a profit in items and currency to be sold. I have never heard of someone getting only trasmutes out of a map because if they said that, they are blind and lying!
The best way is to pick a build that has good clear speed and can be versatile which comes naturally with expereience: I would suggest some Cold witch, Tornado ranger or Ele buzz saw build currently. Other ones can be SRS, Fakener and summoner assuming you have a good cpu and a bit of knowledge.

When you run maps, there is a natural progression assuming you rolled your maps correctly. Follow lyralei's guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977
It is one of the best guides i have ever read! Do not exalt and some tips are outdated so use your judgement!.
As you collect 77/78 maps, sell them at the most favorable rate and continue on grinding little soldiers!

Method 2: Map shop:
IF you buy 74 maps for 1.5-2c and sell for 2.5-3c, you will be making a pontential 0.5-1.5c profit, and when people buy maps and sell maps in bulk, this profit is amplified! I currently stocked over 2100 chaos worth of 75/76/77/78 maps to sell overtime and to bring to standard as my investment since prices will rise on their cost!
Once you have run a lot of maps, bought maps quite a few times, you will be able to realise the potential in this method. I Personally feel like maps will naturally advance unless a serious streak of rng or just failure to craft proper maps.

4. How to Merchandise
Will experiment in new 3 month league and see if i can replicate the success on ramp
5. How to use trade chat and invest

Hello everyone, If you have ever used trade chat, it's a giant blurb of text filled with spammers using macros, but not to worry, Misa's here to teach you what you need to know about turning a profit!
Assuming you run a shop (procurement: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710) i will tell you about some recent "recent investments" i have done.

My current investments: All of these items are in my shop and are the highest roll per price on poe.xyz.is! Each one of them i will yield over one exalt when they turned! That 52/18 divination was bought for 1.75 Exalts and now is for sale for 4.5exalt, Astrementis was purchased for 1exalt 40c, that cloak of defiance which was also purchased for less than 2exalt. Each one has been sold for over an exalt of profit!

Now let me tell you the secret about how i got them
Spoiler
I used trade chat.

Now how can you use trade chat efficiently?
First we need to remove irrelevant spambots and macro users that are irrelevant to clear up trade chat from clutter by...... Ignoring people! (now you might be thinking woah, wtf man why) By ignoring ppl you remove their constant spam and clear up trade chat to only new offers with desperate players only! Buying items from desperate players looking to turn a quick sale will yield the most amount of exalt with the least effort! Just buy when u see a potential profitable item and shove it in your shop!
Remember to clear your ignore list afterwards as you could have ignored 90% of the active trade community XD refer below.

Alright Alright, you bored me with ur stories misa, but how do i....

Q : How do i clear up my ignorelist since i jsut ignored like half the active community on trade chat?
A : type "/clear_ignore_list" and everything is cleared once more!

Q : How do i Join trade chat one?
A : type "/trade 1"

Q: How do i know if i will be profitable on buying these unique items?
A: Poe.xyz.is Learn to use this lovely site

Conclusions:
Slowly but surely these method will work for anyone in any new league assuming they understand some underlying mechanics of the markets. I wish you good luck and i hope you dont try to flip my items that im flipping! XD
Last edited by RinNatsume on Nov 27, 2014, 8:41:20 PM
Last bumped on Sep 16, 2016, 9:48:50 PM
reserved
Last edited by RinNatsume on Oct 16, 2014, 9:10:10 PM
Change Log
Spoiler
9:14:23PM 10/03/2014 - Guide Started
6:23:20PM 10/04/2014 - Added To guide
8:06:42PM 10/05/2014 - Added Change Log, Exalt Count, To do List
10:27:02PM 10/06/2014 - Added Section 5, Updated exalt count, to do list

To Do List
Spoiler
How to: Chaos Recipe
How to: Regal Recipe or Identify?
How to: Buy, Use and Sell Maps
How to: Run a shop efficiently
How to: Trade
Conclusions
Dedications
Link all items to make guide friendlier

Exalt Count:
Spoiler
October 3rd: 13 exalts
October 5th: 17 exalts
October 6th: 2 exalts (invested 6, bought +3 fire staff for 13exalt)
October 9th: 8exalts ( Sold Cloak of D for 3ex, astrementis for 3.5ex,)
October 10th: 10exalts (Not much happening, not feeling motivated)
Octover 11th Bought Windripper, 5l it
November 11: Shavs, 40exalts of maps, 50 exalts of uniques as well
Last edited by RinNatsume on Nov 11, 2014, 9:58:47 AM
I'm actually sorry lol. Can I remove my first comment? :I

i love you Dan_GGG <3 and ty for the remove of my 1st comment :P
Last edited by Therealshotzz on Oct 3, 2014, 11:18:19 PM
just move that post to the one above this one and delete the old one ^_^
Ty for your cooperation
Lol,

I enjoyed reading this somehow.

you forgot a ] tag in your image url, not sure if this is intentional since your still making this.

[URL=http://imgur.com/6y4hKMx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6y4hKMx.png[/URL]

This is what you got atm :).

Part's i liked.

Misa, not sure why but that's a funky name.

To prove that this work, like all post i must show show you my stash of some exalts and items and crap and tell you a story about how i made it ladeda donkey kong pshhh.

fuck yeah, a donkey kong pshhh.

When you take a rare coral ring(w/ itemlv 60-74) and sell it along with 7 iron rings to the vendor, you will notice you get a .... RARE UNID AMULET! GODBLESS

I can feel the excitement when reading this :OOOOO (almost tempted to unid the amulet because of it!!)

Godbless you for making me laugh while reading this, very well done so far, cheers.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Thanks for the feedback ^_^. I'll be slowly constructing this guide and adding my knowledge to iit :P
Time to start working on it some more today :P
I highly doubt this was all chaos recipe bro =)

12 exalts = 500 chaos orbs and between level 82 and 86 it's just not possible to find 1000 rings and 500 ammys.

Even unid, you're looking for 500 rings xD
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Oct 5, 2014, 12:12:14 PM
So.... This is a guide for doing the chaos recipe?

Okay..
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info