Grandmaster Immortalisation

Thanks Rhys for the reply much appreciate it <3

If i may i would like to ask some followup questions tho :) :

AI :

1. What about the flasks ? Will the AI use them as a "normal player" would ? (Something similar to Vagan fight)? Will RF characters for example be able to use their equiped ruby flasks as a mean to regen life ?(This is pretty important for my build planning :( )

2. Will weapon swap be enabled and utilized in AI script some way perhaps ?

Microtransactions :

1. Do you think that in the future it will be possible to update your submitted build "looks"
Let me explain what i mean. Lets assume you have a certain mtx effects applied to your gear and when new mtx comes out and someone decides that it looks better and buys it then will it be posssible to replace to old mtx on your guys with new ones ? (without changing any items or stats or gems, just mtx looks or possibly mtx skill effects)

Other :

1. Will the date of submission have any corellation to frequency of your build appearance in that map ? Or everyone will have equal % to appear ? Or maybe character level will be relevant ? (e.g. Like 95+ characters will more likely be put into 1v1 bracket thus making them less/more frequent and other lower ones 80-95 maybe be put in waves making them more common somewhat)

2. How frequent do you imagine the drop rate of the map will be in relation to other unique maps already avaliable? (just a ballpark :)

3. Will it be similar to endless ledge mode in any way :D?

Ideas

(since i love statistics and you guys added advanced profiles with challenges and achivments info and we already have like a ladderboard for a while i was thinking about some kind of PVP board that would for now maybe cover hall of grandmasters)

1. Do you think there could be some statistic for hall of grandmasters like for example :
- how many players certain build managed to kill
- % of who gets targeted 1st,2nd in wave fights
- which build takes the longest to kill on avarage etc

On a side note :

Is there any way we could help you out guys :)?

<3<3<3<3<3
IGN : Sir_Big
Good to see you guys keeping this thread up there...have bookmarked it just in case and look forward to having my arse handed to me if i get this map
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Roughly, by when should we have our character submitted?
IGN: SpinningWayTooast PM me
Haven't received my export item yet :(
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Good to see you guys keeping this thread up there...have bookmarked it just in case and look forward to having my arse handed to me if i get this map

I think there will be many variations where your arse will be one-or-two handed to you ;)
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
"
Achilion wrote:
AI :

1. What about the flasks ? Will the AI use them as a "normal player" would ? (Something similar to Vagan fight)? Will RF characters for example be able to use their equipped ruby flasks as a mean to regen life ?(This is pretty important for my build planning :( )

Not 100% sure yet, but we'd like to have this.

"
Achilion wrote:
2. Will weapon swap be enabled and utilized in AI script some way perhaps ?

Probably not.

"
Achilion wrote:
Microtransactions :

1. Do you think that in the future it will be possible to update your submitted build "looks"
Let me explain what i mean. Lets assume you have a certain mtx effects applied to your gear and when new mtx comes out and someone decides that it looks better and buys it then will it be possible to replace to old mtx on your guys with new ones ? (without changing any items or stats or gems, just mtx looks or possibly mtx skill effects)

I doubt it, sorry.

"
Achilion wrote:
Other :

1. Will the date of submission have any correlation to frequency of your build appearance in that map ? Or everyone will have equal % to appear ? Or maybe character level will be relevant ? (e.g. Like 95+ characters will more likely be put into 1v1 bracket thus making them less/more frequent and other lower ones 80-95 maybe be put in waves making them more common somewhat)

It doesn't matter when you submit, but higher level builds will encountered later in the map. Every Grandmaster will appear in each map.

"
Achilion wrote:
2. How frequent do you imagine the drop rate of the map will be in relation to other unique maps already avalaible? (just a ballpark :)

I believe the Hall of Grandmasters is supposed to be a common Unique.

"
Achilion wrote:
3. Will it be similar to endless ledge mode in any way :D?

I guess? It's fairly linear.

"
Achilion wrote:
Ideas

(since i love statistics and you guys added advanced profiles with challenges and achievements info and we already have like a ladderboard for a while i was thinking about some kind of PVP board that would for now maybe cover hall of grandmasters)

1. Do you think there could be some statistic for hall of grandmasters like for example :
- how many players certain build managed to kill
- % of who gets targeted 1st,2nd in wave fights
- which build takes the longest to kill on average etc

No idea, sorry. Sounds like a lot of work.

"
QQmorez wrote:
Roughly, by when should we have our character submitted?

By the end of the current challenge leagues would be nice. But take your time.
Code warrior
Thanks Rhys <3 You are now in my top 3 favourite GGG guys

since noone asked a question for a long time i will throw some more, hope u dont mind :)

Design:

1. Since the layout of the chamber/room/corridor might be somewhat relevant to figuring out interesting builds to fight (e.g narrow corridors would maybe work good with frost wall whereas big room probably not so much) so my questions is : will you guys share with us some details considering layout of the map ?

Other

2. When we click the MTX item for build submission will it dissapear meaning there will be no return ?

3. How many ppl are invovled in desinging and scripting the map? Is it only you:)?

4. How do devourers bodies look like ^^)?

"
Achilion wrote:
1. Since the layout of the chamber/room/corridor might be somewhat relevant to figuring out interesting builds to fight (e.g narrow corridors would maybe work good with frost wall whereas big room probably not so much) so my questions is : will you guys share with us some details considering layout of the map ?

It isn't very tight. The main hallways can spawn with some obstacles, but the area is mostly pretty open.

"
Achilion wrote:
2. When we click the MTX item for build submission will it dissapear meaning there will be no return ?

Correct. If you really need to make a second change, you will need to contact Support, however, once we've processed your Grandmaster and done all the work to set it up, we may not allow further modification.

"
Achilion wrote:
3. How many ppl are invovled in desinging and scripting the map? Is it only you:)?

Not just me, there's a whole bunch of people involved in level design, AI scripting, balance, etc.

"
Achilion wrote:
4. How do devourers bodies look like ^^)?

Mysterious.
Code warrior
As always thanks Rhys for swift and precise reply <3

"
Rhys wrote:
"
Achilion wrote:
AI :

1. What about the flasks ? Will the AI use them as a "normal player" would ? (Something similar to Vagan fight)? Will RF characters for example be able to use their equipped ruby flasks as a mean to regen life ?(This is pretty important for my build planning :( )

Not 100% sure yet, but we'd like to have this.

on topic of AI-PVP-Puncutre

I am afraid that scenario that the flask mechanic won't be implemented is possible and grandmasters builds will be destroyed by puncture builds since AI usualy works the mob chases the target and bleeds out. Smart player would first dispel the bleed then chase the target.

Other defence against bleed is i guess very high armour or insane amount of block or dodge. But that would just force ppl to spec in that direction.

I'm just afraid AI will be gimped a bit without flask mechanics.

So if u may please Rhys keep that in mind.

PS i would like to add that any news about vaal gems in hall of grandmasters map would be great help for build planning <3

Can we use legacy items on standard for our grandmaster submission?
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info