Grandmaster Immortalisation

Hi

I want to know if there will be a limit date of submission?
and if there is any restriction about gear or leagues
1 I would really like to know if animate guardian will ever be an option.

It is a core part of my build and i kind of cant submit a build without him being present.

From what I have read, potions may or may not make it , how do you plan to prevent the current trend of high damage dot mechanics from too easily bypassing the majority of the defensive mechanics present and effectively annihilating every grandmaster build in the same way?

since things like staunching or dousing flasks are up in the air or not present at all.

Are Grandmasters the one in the credits shown in font seize 128 and red color? Because then there are only a handful of them so far ...
Last edited by Salumba on Nov 22, 2014, 12:55:54 PM
A quick aesthetics question for Grinding Gear, is there an estimated date when Queen of the Forest might have unique 3D art? My build uses a Queen of the Forest and I am just trying to put together the last of the aesthetic elements for submission (I'll just use a different skin if there isn't 3D art by submission deadline, but still thought I should ask).

Thanks again for the immortalization opportunity, and the great work the team does for this game.
Last edited by ChronoExile on Nov 24, 2014, 8:47:59 AM
"
"
Salumba wrote:
Are Grandmasters the one in the credits shown in font seize 128 and red color? Because then there are only a handful of them so far ...

No, that's the Ruler of Wraeclast pack. No longer available, and somewhat more expensive than the Grandmaster pack, which is still available in the shop.

__

Bump? Bump. Still need to know how Vaal skills are going to work.

'Somewhat' more expensive, he says.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
1 I would really like to know if animate guardian will ever be an option.

It is a core part of my build and i kind of cant submit a build without him being present.

I second this question.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
ty for the information =d
Hello, Chris.

As a Grandmaster Supporter, here are my questions I think should be addressed in the OP:

1. When do our Grandmasters have to be submitted? Is there a due date?

If so, I think for $500.00 players should not be rushed to submit their characters. We should instead be encouraged to take our time.

Coming from a response from one of the GGG team members here, I get the idea you guys want our Grandmasters submitted before the current leagues end.

At least, that seems to be the hint you are giving us, which in turn pressures us into submitting our characters faster, which then results in squishier Grandmasters for lack of time, and which finally results in $500.00 gone up in smoke.

2. Are Vaal Summons exported? I would like players to face more than just myself in battle.

If so, how long would the summons last? Does the countdown for summons start when players come within a certain range? Or will they be permanent to make the battle more fun for players?

3. Since our flasks will not be exported with our characters, what is the AI going to be like for our characters after they are exported?

Will our characters have buffed Life and ES to compensate for the lack of Flasks so our characters will be at least somewhat challenging to players when facing the Grandmasters?

And even if the GGG team figures out a way to export our Flasks with our characters, wouldn't our Life and ES be scaled up, anyway, when each Grandmaster is going to encounter 6 Party Members?

After all, doesn't the title Grandmaster imply beast mode?

4. Not that I am thinking about using them, but are legacy items going to be permitted if some of us don't submit our Grandmasters before the current Leagues end?

5. If legacy items are not allowed, will the GGG team who is working on our Grandmasters replace a player's legacy gear with similar gear with the same rolls, yet that complies with current versions of those legacy gear pieces?

P.S. These are questions that need to be addressed in the OP, and I hope they get answered, because as of now, I am very reluctant to submit my Grandmaster.

Thank you for your time, Chris.
HeavyMetalGear
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Jan 23, 2015, 1:15:27 AM
I can answer at least one of your questions: The first wave of Grandmasters has to be in before the map is put out sometime next week, but other than that, they'll just be adding in Grandmasters as they get them. No rush.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
Chris wrote:
This thread is intended for Grandmaster Supporters. It explains the process of exporting your character for immortalisation in the Hall of Grandmasters unique Map. Please only post in this thread if you are a Grandmaster Supporter with questions about the process.

After the deployment of 1.2.3b, we'll be awarding Grandmaster Supporters an item in their microtransaction stash which will allow them to export a character. This may not arrive immediately, but if you haven't received one by October 4, please contact support@grindinggear.com.

When right-clicked, the Grandmaster export item will export a copy of your character and send it to us. We will then review these manually and import them into the Hall of Grandmasters in a later patch.

The Grandmaster export item will only work once, so be careful. Grinding Gear Games support can give you another one if you realise that you made a mistake and would like to export your character again.

All item stats, passive skill tree stats and skills will be exported. The visual appearance of your character including microtransaction effects applied to your items will be exported.

You should summon any minions that you would like your Grandmaster to have with them. Any minion that would come with you when you move between areas will be exported. Animated Guardians are not supported at this time.

You should have any auras active that you would like to have on your Grandmaster when they spawn. Auras that you have equipped but are not active when you export your character will not be used. Note that this includes Herald and Tempest Shield (i.e. non-aura reservation skills).

You should summon the pet you would like your Grandmaster to have with them.

Do not have any skills equipped that you would not want your Grandmaster to use.

Our designers will assign your Grandmaster an AI script that uses its skills.

We will try to preserve the submitted Grandmasters as much as possible but may make balance tweaks in some cases to keep the Map fun.

We're still working on development of the Map itself. It may be several more weeks before it's patched into the game, but we're collecting Grandmasters in the meantime so that we can start testing them in the Map internally.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info