What are some of the things from Closed Beta that you remember?

- Casting an aura and then taking the gem out
- Summoning 4 skeletons at a time
- Number of specters scaling the same way the raise zombie gem did but there weren't any truly good specters to use. Frenzy apes were nifty though
- Two rares of the same name = alchemy orb at the vendor instead of a chance orb
IGN: Alfrost, Racthoh, The_Crimson
Standard Rings and Amulets: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960556
I remember having to prepare for the Brutus fight in normal or he would eat your face off. Then Mervail was actually hard at the end of act one and once again you had to prepare for this fight as well.

Each boss was a gear/skill check. Now the game is face roll easy all the way until act 3 merc.
"
ntall1 wrote:
I remember having to prepare for the Brutus fight in normal or he would eat your face off. Then Mervail was actually hard at the end of act one and once again you had to prepare for this fight as well.

Each boss was a gear/skill check. Now the game is face roll easy all the way until act 3 merc.

I think this is just because we've all found the most efficient ways of killing the bosses, and are more comfortable with killing them.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Just another thing that came into my mind:

As i wrote there was only a single endgame map called Maelström of Chaos which was a totally randomized area random theme, random mobs, no extra properties like in maps.

There was a bug where you got Hillock in a map that's based on the Twilight strand, that was the only possible endgame map with a boss in it, and first another bug made them come twice, so we've got 2 Hillocks everytime at the end of that map.

And this started the whole map system, with the bosses, the Twinned mod, etc.
I don't know how this turned into putting oneshot bosses into every map, but then it was FUN, and we've enjoyed killing them for extra loot, not avoid them because of unavoidable death. I'm really missing that feeling from this game. Also he wasn't a leap slamming zombie summoner terminator, just a big guy with a sword in his chest :)
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
trading on the beach in terraces, the whole stand 20 yards away from eachother and throw the item on the ground, and move towards the other item at the same time. good times :)

the skill tree was more of a forest back then and part of the meta was taking things you maybe didnt need but made it possible to reach something you really wanted. Character theory and building were almost equal parts of taking the least amount of stuff you werent after and the stuff you really wanted.

Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Sep 29, 2014, 4:18:12 PM
I remember when currency was given as race rewards.

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit - The Tick
I remember the Key Timer. =@[.]@=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I remember full scale wipes.
I remember the community being actually a community.
I remember no one talked about Economy.

And I miss all that.
Plus the already mentioned Phase run. The quicksilver flask replacement sucks.

I'm a casual and I actually remember me and my friend leading a hardcore ladder after a full scale wipe until lvl 55 where we both died to Merciless Hailrake offscreen :)
Those were the days.
My original account Dushan is banned.
I miss my Kiwi and Demigod's Presence.
:(
By reading any of Duchan's forum posts you agree to the following Duchan forum posts Terms of Use:
http://i.imgur.com/tmkhs22.png
I remember not being in closed beta...
The super anticlimactic end of act 2 when using the apex caused the intro to Vaal, but Vaal hadn't been added to the game yet and the passage just opened to next difficulty.
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info