What are some of the things from Closed Beta that you remember?

- Users were plopped into random global chat and trade chat channels. There was not an option to switch between channel numbers within a category

- Fellshrine was the go-to farm spot

- Item quantity on gear and on the gem did not seem like a big deal to me or to my friends

- Kripparian was streaming Path of Exile

- Ethereal Knives at level 20 was bad ass

This is pretty damn accurate:
Spoiler
"10. Cast When Damage Taken did not exist, so people actually paid attention to what they were doing
I must say CwDT is the one thing that has made the game incredibly easier, as well as very fair. Before CwDT, reflect monsters would kill characters with no reasonable way to mitigate the damage. You had to play through maps more carefully lest you take a stray projectile which could kill you. CwDT + Immortal Call has made the game much easier, in my opinion."
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
This thread caused me to go back and watch the WTF of Path of Exile that Total Biscuit originally posted. What a long way that Path of Exile has come.

It also caused me to watch Kripp's(Yeah, yeah, everyone hates him) original first impressions of PoE. It was kind of nice to hear all that energy and excitement.

Honestly, that is what I miss the most about closed beta. The energy, the excitement, the enthusiasm. Everyone was having fun, looking forward to new things, and it was just a blast to be playing and hanging around in the forums. There wasn't a sense of entitlement, not nearly as much toxicity, and really...just depression and hate that is in the air now.

PoE wasn't a star back then. We were poor but we were happy!
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Honestly, that is what I miss the most about closed beta. The energy, the excitement, the enthusiasm. Everyone was having fun, looking forward to new things, and it was just a blast to be playing and hanging around in the forums. There wasn't a sense of entitlement, not nearly as much toxicity, and really...just depression and hate that is in the air now.

PoE wasn't a star back then. We were poor but we were happy!

This kinda reflects my feelings about PoE as well..

PoE used to feel like a hut, but we were all a family in the hut living happily.. Right now, it has become a mansion, but we no longer know anyone in the mansion..

I don't get why people don't like kripp , he is just a streamer like the many streamers out there.

plus he did wonders to expose the game to a wider audience
great Post, great List ... all those Memories :)
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
Vaal Oversoul being the final badass.
I tend to underestimate him now, how revolting!
it was a cool time,
maps were fragmented,
items popping out of reach
there was multicast - yes 3 times
mahri erqui was toooitally op. Totally
phase run mmmmh smell the cookies!
4 characters
the rocky climb has been the xp collect area already back there
due to docks not being out yet
CI was da S**t!
orbs looked boring
graphick really got improved today
there were inly texts, no speech
currency was FOR OWN USE mainly
solo was the way to play
auras were all OP
freezingpulse was the permafreeze! easily
game got boring when done 4 times. no endgame challenges
Beta supporter banner used to show??? why is it gone?
real hard using friendlist/invite etc.
/remaining was a new and cool feature
almost bo xp loss at death
multiple auras offhand etc everybody used
furst OP legendary SoulTaker was toootally OP
When introduced.
gmp was intriduced WHAT?!?
reduced mana was really reducing mana
No Problem,
Exile
I remember my first build which was a ranger. You could get shitloads of Frenzy charges and you could add bonuses for each frenzy charge like extra damage and attack speed. They then changed it to only three extra Frenzy charges in the tree and the only bonus is extra evasion per charge.

I also fondly remember the racing. We got orbs as rewards, depending in which place you came you got more or less orbs but it was almost randomly decided which orbs you got. I got many exalted orbs this way and because trading did not exist in the game we all used the orbs. I still use all my orbs though.

Avatar of fire back then converted 100% of physical damage to cold damage and it set your cold resistance to 0. That was brutal but fun.

As many others have mentioned, I vividly remember running to the top of the pyramid to open the Vaal vessel there and I intensely watched the black smoke coming out but no monster. It felt like the fate of Wraeclast was at stake and I was so excited to see what boss they could come up with. I think they managed to design a good boss. It is still good, I think.

I also remember how difficult and brutal Maelstrom of Chaos was. I remember having a fight for ten minutes with a rare pirate mob.

Oh, another thing, There was no "chaos damage does not bypass energy shield" and there was no Ghost Reaver. These two things changed so much, for the worse I think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info