What are some of the things from Closed Beta that you remember?

No MTXes besides stash tabs and character slots

No Incinerate, Cyclone, Arctic Armour, Spectral Throw, Summon Raging Spirit, Flameblast, Glacial Cascade, Molten Strike, Melee Splash, Multistrike, Spell Echo, Ball Lightning, Flame Surge, Power Charge on Critical, trigger gems, Tornado Shot, Heralds, Animate Weapon, Animate Guardian, Desecrate, Convocation, Barrage, The Three E's, Reduced Duration, Slower Projectiles, Physical Projectile Attack Damage, Flesh/Bone Offering, Generosity, Searing Bond Reave, Storm Call, Poacher's Mark, Lightning Trap, Smoke Mine, Multiple Traps.

A single purity aura with max res for all elements.

Elemental Adaptation was +5% to all elemental resistances.

Chaos resistance did not exist. The same for Amethyst Flasks.

No proper dagger/claw AoE. Melee Splash and Reave were added in Open Beta.

Maps started at 60, going to 69. Some uniques like Kaom's Heart and Prism Guardian could drop but no one actually got them since they're very rare and can only drop in the highest level maps. Maps could drop as early as in level 54 areas in act 2 merciless.

2k life was considered pretty good.

The Duelist was the underdog and had a bad starting area setup.
Another quality ZAP! post.
Last edited by chimpanzee on Sep 27, 2014, 6:24:35 AM
CI got way too overnerfed. Now it only works when half or more of your passive points are spent on ES nodes.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
On the passive tree, each class had not two but four initial paths to take from their starting point. Then the tree was revamped in one of the last CB patches.

Even before that, all classes used to start at the same location, but I wasn't playing back then so that might actually be before CB.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Last edited by ephetat on Sep 27, 2014, 6:31:16 AM
I remember GGG being terrible at balancing. Oh wait, they still are.
"
woodyfly wrote:
I remember GGG being terrible at balancing. Oh wait, they still are.

You know when you've beaten a dead horse to a black pulp on the floor (from the blood turning black from it drying) I think we've heard it enough.

Also, I don't remember CB incredibly well because I played it some but back then my PC was utter crap and so I could barely run it.
Phase Run, oh how I miss thee
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
Ill say back in beta but in fact it, back 2 months ago....

Monster diversity... i remember when it was such that you could select where you grind so you could have you weakness covered...

now its all shit where everything can be everwhere
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I remember waiting for a year and not getting any beta key
great times...
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
I got in while Maelstrom of chaos was still endgame, but didn't reach it until maps came in.
I remember freezing pulse witch to be super massively overpowered to the point in deliberately didn't take the build.

also my Firestorm/fireball build was actually viable in endgame maps, good luck with that now...

and yes...phase run. who didn't have one haha!

And diamond flasks were amazing !
D1 - PvM D2 - PvM/PvP D3 - MvM (Money vs Monster)
"
karaknic wrote:

also my Firestorm/fireball build was actually viable in endgame maps, good luck with that now...

It still is. Just not as effective as other options. Practically almost everything is viable now if you build around it. Fireball in particular got a huge dmg buff some time ago.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Sep 27, 2014, 7:14:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info