What are some of the things from Closed Beta that you remember?

"
Xoodrool wrote:
No one mentioned drop trading!? Or when the chat channels for each difficulty were separate - ppl would scam noobies in normal and then go back to merc and brag about it.

I talk about these things in global sometimes and ppl think I'm trolling them LOL

I remember being mad there was no trade screen. Once or twice a guy used whirling blades to grab stuff off of the ground during a trade and exit out. And to top it off you still weren't allowed to name and shame. It was BS.

Edit: and when you complained about it on the forum a bunch of elites would say crap like "welcome to Wraeclast". They actually liked it like that.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Sep 27, 2014, 9:26:43 PM
IIR on the chest armour
Shock nova without the dead space
Phase run
Arc with better targeting system
White Item Loot Filter
Higher ES Items
No cooldown cold snap
Granite flasks that didnt suck
Shock with 4 projectiles

This stuff before GGG got all "balance crazy" and sucked all fun out.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Sep 28, 2014, 12:23:48 AM
When the exploding squids and guys used to be able to roll as elites and rares....fun times.

Oh and pre-nerf Reflect.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
Last edited by Zeshin on Sep 28, 2014, 12:29:49 AM
Getting my butt handed to me a lot and loving every minute of it :P
I remember...

Tree-wise:
- IIR/IIQ on the tree. They were removed, luckily. Everyone took them if remotely possible.
- "1-15 lightning damage/power charge" which was on the tree twice and removed both times. Pretty fun.
- CI went from lots more energy shield to more to increased to no eshield bonus back to more, then Infusing Shield was added later. *twirls finger*
- GR and ZO didn't exist. Eshield builds still did fine (mostly because ES values were huge).
- Four paths from the start! I miss this a lot.

Environment:
- "Where's Oak?"
- PHQG!
- 4 difficulties, and ended at Act2, Fellshrine was the premier farming spot.
- Maelstrom of Chaos was very cool. I miss it.
- Old Shore Encampment (I mean Lioneye's Watch) music. It wasn't as good as the current one, but I still remember it.

UI/Gameplay:
- No vendoring, at all. Too bad this had to change. Didn't like something? Leave it on the ground and move on. Very... liberating. No impetus to hoover the floor.
- Droptrading. I almost wish they kept this.
- FFA only.
- No health bars.
- No respecs.
- The old orb art was crazy. Lots of spherical things with various colors/textures, very similar from a distance.
- Gems used to not have art. That made a whole stashtab full of them pretty confusing.

Experiences:
- I got a Searing Touch and made an endurance discharger. It was the coolest shit. Super tanky, tons of damage, and no one else was running one. Then Diamond flasks were added ~0.9.6 and everything changed.
- Lightning Warp Totems were so much fun but unplayable due to a year-long bug that caused instance crashes when arrows were stuck in the totems.
- Moderating was good. I wish that this community had been given a real chance instead of given lowest priority until it was no longer recoverable.
I remember marauder being overpowered and being the most popular character.
"
2. The Vaal Oversoul was the final boss
It felt weird the first time I stepped into The City of Sarn after I killed Vaal Oversoul. It used to take me to the Twilight Strand.

I'm gunna go a step further. I remember when Vaal wasn't there at all. You just got to the top of the pyramid, activated the pedestal, watched a fancy display of gushing darkness, then the entrance opened for the next difficulty.

Quite anti-climatic.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
fellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrinefellshrine
anything is everything
Not signing up.. ^.^ Games are my escape from reality, it's raw form doesn't interest me.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info