2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
Kikoyou wrote:
Hey, made another version of this build after seen yours, tell me what you think :

Build

I don't wanna use Discharge, because makes my friends DC :p
I rather use Flame Surge

Low life, using crown of eyes + solaris lorica
Thinking about three dragons instead of crown (herald of ice elem prolif combo for flame surge)

I'm staying far away from any low life passive trees or builds at the moment so you're on your own I'm afraid. Though why are you considering crown of eyes for a spell build? Doesn't it just convert your spell damage to some phys, or are you hoping your cyclone will do some decent phys damage in this case too?

As for herald of ice, it doesn't work with EE. If you use herald of Ice you attach cold damage to your spells so instead of alternating -resists your flame surge just plain gives bonus resists to cold and fire and -resist to lightning.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
so if you only have +flat fire damage on your gear, this would make sure every time CoC procs you have -50 to lightning and cold resist, making both ice nova and discharge benefit from it !

does this add up btw? so if you hit with flat fire dmg on your dagger, its -50cold -50lighning +25 fire. if then discharge procs, does that mean its -100cold -25lightning -25fire ?

// just checked the wiki, the effect is being overwritten. it lasts 5 seconds. so for the full effect, there may only be fire dmg on your gear.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Oct 4, 2014, 8:36:17 AM
Another great build mathil added on my to do list. You make so good builds and i have so little time to play every one :(

How is it leveling this build? Anyone done it? At what level can you start using the real skills coc discharge cyclone etc?

Looks like you can start as scion too.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 4, 2014, 11:26:09 AM

Bought this for 4ex after bricking my first ambusher with a vaal. Felt like a great deal since the spell damage is T1.
"
Mathil wrote:
"
Kikoyou wrote:
Hey, made another version of this build after seen yours, tell me what you think :

Build

I don't wanna use Discharge, because makes my friends DC :p
I rather use Flame Surge

Low life, using crown of eyes + solaris lorica
Thinking about three dragons instead of crown (herald of ice elem prolif combo for flame surge)

I'm staying far away from any low life passive trees or builds at the moment so you're on your own I'm afraid. Though why are you considering crown of eyes for a spell build? Doesn't it just convert your spell damage to some phys, or are you hoping your cyclone will do some decent phys damage in this case too?

As for herald of ice, it doesn't work with EE. If you use herald of Ice you attach cold damage to your spells so instead of alternating -resists your flame surge just plain gives bonus resists to cold and fire and -resist to lightning.

I'm hopping to deal some DMG with cyclone, yeah. Nth interresting, could be used for mana leech if no Blood Magic.
I'm not intending herlad of ice for EE. Don't wanna play EE if I don't play discharge !
Herald is here for control, ice crits. If playing with three dragons, it will be there to IGNITE ennemies (flame surge bonus D) with elem prolif on it.
After I'm done leveling my shadow with this spec I'm going to respec my current coc scion and make an attempt at squeezing in some situational righteous fire into the mix.

It'll lose life at a relatively slow rate without the ruby up and gain life when it's up. Even if it fails spectacularly at least I'm gonna get some fun out of it.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
"
kolton wrote:
After I'm done leveling my shadow with this spec I'm going to respec my current coc scion and make an attempt at squeezing in some situational righteous fire into the mix.

It'll lose life at a relatively slow rate without the ruby up and gain life when it's up. Even if it fails spectacularly at least I'm gonna get some fun out of it.

be careful though, inner force also raises the damage taken from RF. without rise of the phoenix its gonna hurt alot. otherwise, great idea!
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
Darkith1546 wrote:

Bought this for 4ex after bricking my first ambusher with a vaal. Felt like a great deal since the spell damage is T1.

Bad thing is that you need to spend 2 more ex to be able to craft lightning leech, 'cause it is pretty crucial for the build. Unless you are able to corrupt your amulet for 1% lightning leech.
"
Myraklus wrote:
"
Darkith1546 wrote:

Bad thing is that you need to spend 2 more ex to be able to craft lightning leech, 'cause it is pretty crucial for the build. Unless you are able to corrupt your amulet for 1% lightning leech.

Wrong. Did you not read the guide?

Most of our sustain comes from popping health flasks rather than the leech, which is more just an added bonus.
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Myraklus wrote:
"
Darkith1546 wrote:

Wrong. Did you not read the guide?

Most of our sustain comes from popping health flasks rather than the leech, which is more just an added bonus.

My character is 84 with this build. You will see that not having 1% leech on your dagger will hurt a lot. Especially against reflect, even with flask on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info