PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
Iamponch wrote:
i havent read through all the replies in the thread
but did you try 6linked - cyclone - bm - coc - discharge - arc - light pen
remove ele equilibrium and use vaal pact for instant leech ? and if so, how was the damage/survivability?

im currently using the discharge/icenova 6link with equilibrium on beyond and i feel scared as shit with 4200hp, 53%evasion, 30% dodge. as soon as i run in to a physical damage dealing creature i just want to run the otherway. and if the phys beyond boss would spawn im pretty sure i would get one shotted
i don't think you'll have enough leech from items with vaal pact.

about terrifying big hits - i thought about block/spellblock (there is enough passives nearby to hit 75%spellblock with laz+rathpith+rainbow), but with it you'll have less life, which is most important in avoiding-damage builds like eva/acro/block
btw, looks like you can take charisma cluster and run purity of light+grace+determination, but with all those uniques stacking armor will be hard (IR is very far)
Aside from Cyclone and Discharge are there any important gems to 20 quality?
why not use a crest of perandus and take some block nodes as a standard shield , and only switch to saffells for bosses and reflect packs ?
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625

My Lootfilter: view-thread/1696052
can u add to #1 what flask do u use on atziri normal runs?
IGN korne - korneone - kornefuckmylife
One thing i'm wondering about currently is if Ice Nova doesn't make reflect a lot more dangerous since you're running no Purity of Ice and also no Saphire Flask...
Or does Ice Nova not do that much damage?

Besides that, i'm still quite happy using Arc since it often kills those single mobs that ran away from the group. I'm not sure if it's really effective though, so mostly i'm not using IN because i'm afraid it could be more danger because of reflect than it helps my survivability in other situations...

Also wondering about the life flasks: Are you using Surgeon's eternals or instant 65 flasks?
Last edited by malvar on Oct 3, 2014, 7:46:15 PM
"
Iamponch wrote:
remove ele equilibrium and use vaal pact for instant leech ? and if so, how was the damage/survivability?

im currently using the discharge/icenova 6link with equilibrium on beyond and i feel scared as shit with 4200hp, 53%evasion, 30% dodge. as soon as i run in to a physical damage dealing creature i just want to run the otherway. and if the phys beyond boss would spawn im pretty sure i would get one shotted

Yea as I've said I wouldn't be too confident with this build on HC, mainly due to reflect that is. You can go most of your career playing well enough to avoid death but all it takes is 1 decent reflect pack where you don't press topaz in time or don't see the animation in time.

As for Arc it was originally my plan but after trying EE and simply buffing Discharge more I really felt no need for Arc because it just doesn't compare to Discharge. I end up feeling no benefit from Arc whatsoever so I'm happier with Discharge as my sole damage dealer. Vaal pact would only be useful if you had some lightning leech on gear AND used leech gem. Your leech would take too much of a cut to be of any use if you didn't at least use life leech gem.

"
Darkith1546 wrote:
Aside from Cyclone and Discharge are there any important gems to 20 quality?

I cover that mostly in the gems section but no, not really. It's good to have on whirling blades and your faster attack attached to it. Ice nova, light pen, crit damage are all decent enough to do eventually though. Crit damage especially if you're going to be using a 6L.

"
cmphx wrote:
why not use a crest of perandus and take some block nodes as a standard shield , and only switch to saffells for bosses and reflect packs ?

I don't personally see a need to. I have no troubles at all with melee/phys damage and am happy to keep my Saffells on all the time. There's no way I would be able to swap to Saffells in time for every reflect pack too. Something like this is going to be up to the individual and if you feel you need more damage mitigation elsewhere then divert your passives/gear that way.

"
korne wrote:
can u add to #1 what flask do u use on atziri normal runs?

I'll add flasks. I use the same ones for everything though.

"
malvar wrote:
One thing i'm wondering about currently is if Ice Nova doesn't make reflect a lot more dangerous since you're running no Purity of Ice and also no Saphire Flask...
Or does Ice Nova not do that much damage?

Besides that, i'm still quite happy using Arc since it often kills those single mobs that ran away from the group. I'm not sure if it's really effective though, so mostly i'm not using IN because i'm afraid it could be more danger because of reflect than it helps my survivability in other situations...

Also wondering about the life flasks: Are you using Surgeon's eternals or instant 65 flasks?

I haven't noticed Ice nova doing much damage back from reflect, no. It still can do quite a bit of damage but it's fairly steady and far lower than discharge so it doesn't pose much threat.
Flasks have been added.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Hey, made another version of this build after seen yours, tell me what you think :

Build

I don't wanna use Discharge, because makes my friends DC :p
I rather use Flame Surge

Low life, using crown of eyes + solaris lorica
Thinking about three dragons instead of crown (herald of ice elem prolif combo for flame surge)
Last edited by Kikoyou on Oct 3, 2014, 11:11:38 PM
Fantastic build.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
Skyforth wrote:
Fantastic build.

Pretty solid avatar. Your picture clearly guided them in the right direction.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:
"
Iamponch wrote:

Yea as I've said I wouldn't be too confident with this build on HC, mainly due to reflect that is. You can go most of your career playing well enough to avoid death but all it takes is 1 decent reflect pack where you don't press topaz in time or don't see the animation in time.

As for Arc it was originally my plan but after trying EE and simply buffing Discharge more I really felt no need for Arc because it just doesn't compare to Discharge. I end up feeling no benefit from Arc whatsoever so I'm happier with Discharge as my sole damage dealer. Vaal pact would only be useful if you had some lightning leech on gear AND used leech gem. Your leech would take too much of a cut to be of any use if you didn't at least use life leech gem.

currently only have the 1% leech from doryani's belt but im looking around for a dagger improvement to be able to craft the 1% leech on that one aswell.
flasks help me a great deal on HC, never cursed and increase that evasion rating. i try and press every 5 second to make sure the flasks are always up.

currently spinning away at level 80 doing 72-74 maps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info