2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

Is 6L Voll's better than 6L Carcass jack with 20/20 PCoC?

^: I think 6L Voll is better, PCoC only provides you 69% to grant power charge every crit while with Voll you surely got it. With Voll I always see my power charge reach 6/6 while 6L chest is only 2-3/6.
"
Schizo87 wrote:

It's no competition. Volls gives you 30% more chance per crit alone but on top of that it actually gives you a power charge for EVERY crit while pcoc only gives a power charge per attack that crits.

ie. you discharge once and crit 10 monsters around you. Voll's grants you 6 power charges to fill up your max, pcoc only grants you 1 because your attack crit.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:
"
Schizo87 wrote:

It's no competition. Volls gives you 30% more chance per crit alone but on top of that it actually gives you a power charge for EVERY crit while pcoc only gives a power charge per attack that crits.

ie. you discharge once and crit 10 monsters around you. Voll's grants you 6 power charges to fill up your max, pcoc only grants you 1 because your attack crit.

"Voll's grants you 6 power charges to fill up your max, pcoc only grants you 1 because your attack crit."

Ah, didn't know it works that way. Because I've got 95% chance to crit on my cyclone with 6 power charges up and thought that I could get roughly the same dps with carcass jack plus more survivability.

WTB> 6L Volls.. >.<

Last edited by Schizo87 on Oct 3, 2014, 10:13:51 AM
Playing something like this currently, with few differences:
have flame surge instead of ice nova (haven't taken EE yet)
use life leech as 6th gem

Two questions:

1) almost no accuracy for crit build (just 10% from that 50%crit node near mara-templar)? shadow's cluster gives 32+40%crit (as there is no "weapon" word, it should work on discharge too)

2) how do you deal with big hits? like map Kole/Brutus/big skeletons?
"
alt0172 wrote:
Playing something like this currently, with few differences:
have flame surge instead of ice nova (haven't taken EE yet)
use life leech as 6th gem

Two questions:

1) almost no accuracy for crit build (just 10% from that 50%crit node near mara-templar)? shadow's cluster gives 32+40%crit (as there is no "weapon" word, it should work on discharge too)

2) how do you deal with big hits? like map Kole/Brutus/big skeletons?

I don't see a question in number 1. If you're asking if it's worth taking the crit/acc nodes near blood drinker, sure they can be but I don't feel I have the passives available for them right now.

As for big hits, it's never really been an issue for me doing anything in the game the past 10 levels. I tackle things head on and between 40% evasion, acro, health flasks and massive dps, it all goes down pretty easily without an issue.

Anyway, video of my first uber atziri run is up.

In other news I think my build has slowly been tanking the price of Mjolner on Rampage. I've been watching the buyouts in public parties drop lower and lower over the past few days.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Oct 3, 2014, 2:23:32 PM
"
Mathil wrote:

I don't see a question in number 1. If you're asking if it's worth taking the crit/acc nodes near blood drinker, sure they can be but I don't feel I have the passives available for them right now.

As for big hits, it's never really been an issue for me doing anything in the game the past 10 levels. I tackle things head on and between 40% evasion, acro, health flasks and massive dps, it all goes down pretty easily without an issue.

Anyway, video of my first uber atziri run is up.

In other news I think my build has slowly been tanking the price of Mjolner on Rampage. I've been watching the buyouts in public parties drop lower and lower over the past few days.

Well, here is 110pts tree
+50dex
+32%accuracy
+40%crit
+5%movespeed

-9%life
-28% lightning dmg (considering your clear speed in uber atziri map you already have huge overkill for regular maps)

Or another way: just remove 2 life nodes and take 2 12%acc passives (one near 50% 1h crit node, and another near 60% dagger crit node) - same lightning dmg, but no extra crit

About big hits - yes, they are rare and usually you get only 1 hit (because you kill things fast), and you can heal with flasks and leech. But they hurt. Anyway, i think there is no easy way for this (self casting IC work, but it's not easy)
I curious as to how you would sustain your hp with this build?
Just through nodes with regen and item regen?
I'm lvl 32 and I find it hard to cyclone or reave into groups of mobs without having to kite around after the first or second strikes.
"
camp3r102 wrote:
I curious as to how you would sustain your hp with this build?
Just through nodes with regen and item regen?
I'm lvl 32 and I find it hard to cyclone or reave into groups of mobs without having to kite around after the first or second strikes.
i used 3L Lifesprig with fire trap- chance to ignite - ele prolif up to merc piety. You can level using whatever you like, not exactly endgame build. facebreaker-meginord-infernal blow, flameblast, fire trap, mightflay, etc.
i havent read through all the replies in the thread
but did you try 6linked - cyclone - bm - coc - discharge - arc - light pen
remove ele equilibrium and use vaal pact for instant leech ? and if so, how was the damage/survivability?

im currently using the discharge/icenova 6link with equilibrium on beyond and i feel scared as shit with 4200hp, 53%evasion, 30% dodge. as soon as i run in to a physical damage dealing creature i just want to run the otherway. and if the phys beyond boss would spawn im pretty sure i would get one shotted

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info