2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

I leveled with this build from 35 and I don't think I've ever had more fun leveling before. It was extremely fast too. If you want to do this what i suggest is cyclone - coc - ice nova - discharge (arc/life leech if 5l depending on colors), then I used 2 ungils for high crit as well as 55% block, which helped a ton with defenses. The other thing i did was use Malachai's Simula, which not only gave me a lot of extra spell damage and lightning damage, but most importantly gave me blood magic. This kept my cyclone around 35ish life to cast as opposed to close to 90 with a blood magic gem, which I feel just isn't viable to level with when you don't have good leech or regen. I used this setup all the way until I could equip my dagger at like 61. You don't really need the auras for leveling, they are all defensive and if you have decent resists thats all you need, as you dont get a lot of + max until high level, and 55% block is more than enough to make up for the evasion you lose from grace.

Give it a shot if you have the items.

As for high level, I dont see myself being able to respec out of the accuracy/crit nodes by blood drinker when you go the other path, they are too good. Maybe i'll be able to once i get accuracy on my gloves, but right now they super important for my setup.
Current thrown together set up:

Spoiler

Verdict: OP as fuck even without max leveled and quality gems
Last edited by sharper on Oct 2, 2014, 9:06:25 PM
"
sharper wrote:

Verdict: OP as fuck even without max leveled and quality gems

That's what I like to hear.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Just did a successful uber run on the build, I'll probably upload it tonight (in 12-15 hours) for you guys to see. Had several deaths that could have been avoided. Ended up finishing with 1 portal spare.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Have you considered running Herald of Ice + Power charge on crit? Could potentially free up your chest slot as well as giving you another skill slot for cyclone. I think herald of ice would also cause frost damage on hit, triggering EE for discharge, meaning you could run something other than frost nova.

PS for those of you leveling, I recommend CODT+Assasin's mark, sustain and extra crit OP. Currently level 52, love the build, can't wait for it to come to fruition.
Last edited by Citruszinus on Oct 2, 2014, 10:43:49 PM
Can you please update your current gears? Thanks a lot!
"

Have you considered running Herald of Ice + Power charge on crit?

PCoC seems to work well enough for me. This set up in a carcass jack is pretty hilarious also.

That being said I think this is contingent on a variety of things such as character/gem levels. This also makes a 6L more important or you're probably losing out on some of the effectiveness of the build.

Voll's is the path of least resistance and definitely cheaper.
Last edited by sharper on Oct 2, 2014, 11:34:36 PM
for anyone wondering what leveling would be like following this passive tree, ill tell ya its pretty nice!
rough guideline:
lv1-35: you really want to use cleave and a nice 2 hander; this worked pretty well for me and i think you can pick em up for about 1c maybe less;

you pretty much play as if your self found for the entirety of act1 and you most likely wont hit 35 until you reach dominus. if you find an upgrade from shiversting then obviously use it

when you get to lv 35 you DEFINATELY want to be buying 2 mightflays and switching over to reave:

i bought a 5L for about 8c at this point aswell as filling out other slots with gear that was worth about 1c before i started cruel. pretty much been flying through cruel with said gear dont think ill need to upgrade till merc

with the way you follow the tree and depending on if you can get a decent enough dagger aswell as afford your 4L (hopefully 5L) voll's protector you should be switching over to the discharge setup at around merc act 2 - youl be decent enough level to wield a respectable dagger and obviously wear voll's protector. Also youl have taken up most of the crit nodes that mathil put in the passive tree your next few will be in about 10-15 levels so if your not happy with your crit chance you can always wait those few levels :)

hope this helped anyone who was thinking about building the spec from scratch and wasnt sure about how to level it :)
"
Myraklus wrote:
Can you please update your current gears? Thanks a lot!

Done.
thanks for your build, I am going to try it now!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info