2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
Mathil wrote:
"
cmphx wrote:
thanks for the answer, i guess youre right !

another idea, what about using volls devotion against bosses? that extra endurance charge could increase the damage alot against single targets?

If you personally happen to have a loose 40 exalts laying around, go for it. Not something I'm capable of or thinking about doing myself.

haha yeah, im just theorycrafting here :P what would you say, could it be an option in theory?
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:
"
Mathil wrote:
"
cmphx wrote:
thanks for the answer, i guess youre right !

another idea, what about using volls devotion against bosses? that extra endurance charge could increase the damage alot against single targets?

If you personally happen to have a loose 40 exalts laying around, go for it. Not something I'm capable of or thinking about doing myself.

haha yeah, im just theorycrafting here :P what would you say, could it be an option in theory?

In theory I imagine it to be a BiS amulet by far and would either double your damage (mostly unnecessary) or allow you to cut back on much of the damage you currently have in favor of survivability or utility.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
I just hit 66 on my Luut_Pinjata with this build. Luckily alched a 9.7 crit dagger (slow but it will do for now), and only needed about 30 Fusings to 5-link my voll's.

This build put all of my other builds to shame... I am literally running through packs and watch it blow up in a pile of blue smoke and loot.

Running Piety right now just for a few more levels (to get that last Power charge node), but I am breezing though the content.

I love it!

Thanks for the build.

I AM a little confused about EE though. How do you know that Ice nova hits the monsters first (and thus lowering their Light res)?

Currently running without EE and doing just fine. sure, Light res packs take a second "go through" so to speak, but its a minor annoyance, if that!
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
"
xchokeholdx wrote:

I AM a little confused about EE though. How do you know that Ice nova hits the monsters first (and thus lowering their Light res)?

The first discharge wouldn't take advantage from EE since Ice nova damages the area later. But from the second proc, they will take full advantage from EE like below.

Discharge (no EE advantage) -> Ice nova (EE advantage) -> Discharge (EE advantage) -> and so on.
Last edited by wongni on Oct 1, 2014, 9:36:10 AM
"
wongni wrote:
"
xchokeholdx wrote:

The first discharge wouldn't take advantage from EE since Ice nova damages the area later. But from the second proc, they will take full advantage from EE like below.

Discharge (no EE advantage) -> Ice nova (EE advantage) -> Discharge (EE advantage) -> and so on.
The first discharge would make the mob resistant to lightning and the ice nova would make it resistant to cold.

This build should advocate getting fire damage on a ring/gloves/amulet, so when you hit mobs with cyclone they will become weak to lightning and cold damage.
"
Mathil wrote:
Small update: I have bought a 6 link Voll's and ascended to Godhood.

The damage and clearspeed is borderline unbelievable.

Never thought I'd find a better build when I hung up my Ranger's bow.

6th link is Light pen?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
So what do you do against high damage physical attacks ?
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Oct 1, 2014, 2:59:58 PM
So when it comes to mjolner, I got 30ex laying around and I can buy it but I guess mjolner doesn't make a build, right? I need to go lowlife with shavs or lorica.
How would a normal mjolner build (disch-arc) look compared to this setup?
I wonder if it's better to get a 6l voll's or just mjolner.
Last edited by countothreeandie on Oct 1, 2014, 4:55:47 PM
"
Odoakar wrote:
"
Mathil wrote:
Small update: I have bought a 6 link Voll's and ascended to Godhood.

The damage and clearspeed is borderline unbelievable.

Never thought I'd find a better build when I hung up my Ranger's bow.

6th link is Light pen?

For me, yea. I just run ice nova + lightning pen now. Conc effect over Ice nova for big single target dps.

"
cmphx wrote:
So what do you do against high damage physical attacks ?

Hit those things hard...

"
So when it comes to mjolner, I got 30ex laying around and I can buy it but I guess mjolner doesn't make a build, right? I need to go lowlife with shavs or lorica.
How would a normal mjolner build (disch-arc) look compared to this setup?
I wonder if it's better to get a 6l voll's or just mjolner.

I've never owned a Mjolner and haven't seen many builds (etups/rainbow nuke) around it so I can't draw a direct comparison. I'm biased when I say I think this build is better pound for pound. As far as I know that rainbow build takes a pretty insane investment regardless of the Mjolner but Etup's build or style of build is more about just having the Mjolner and is build more for HC which makes it a far better HC option than this build.

Ultimately, I don't know. You'll have to go look at a few Mjolner builds and decide where you want to go with your 30ex. At worst you can spend a few exalt to try the 5L version of this build because you'll get more than enough idea using a 5L on if you want to go further with the build.

A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
I'm glad you listen to me and went for inner force for that extra 1% resist ^^ Could u share your spec most recent passive tree?

thanks alot again for sharing your great build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info