RaizQT's budget RF incinerator (Atziri killer build) 2.0 UPDATED!

What about Iron Will? I have 425 strength and I was wondering if maybe Iron Will could be better than faster casting/added cold damage on the 6L ?

I'd be an increase of 85% spell damage (just level 20 iron will without quality) it can go to 95 or 100 maybe
Last edited by LightYouUpPOE on Nov 30, 2014, 2:42:16 AM
Great build

Is there any good way to deal with lightning thorns though?

I just started running this build but because of the wide area of effect (gmp and faster projectiles) and the fact that i couldnt even see through all the fire very well i instantly killed myselft to lightning thorns reflect.

I know i could have been more careful and maybe used a topaz flask in time, but what else can you really do in this situation when it happens so fast?

IGN: Firorath / Ninpa
"
Killuah wrote:
Great build

Is there any good way to deal with lightning thorns though?

I just started running this build but because of the wide area of effect (gmp and faster projectiles) and the fact that i couldnt even see through all the fire very well i instantly killed myselft to lightning thorns reflect.

I know i could have been more careful and maybe used a topaz flask in time, but what else can you really do in this situation when it happens so fast?

I ran my first incinerate build back before SoTV and this was a problem that I ran into as well while leveling. Later on it becomes less of an issue because your clear out trash so quickly. Also builds that run spellblock have less trouble with thorns.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any real way to avoid the problem but there are some steps you can take to mitigate it. There are very few monsters that use lightning thorns, and usually it's easy to predict when you will see them. You can run purity of lightning on maps with these monsters and also proactively topaz for each large pack with arcmages. Small packs probably won't be a problem. I wouldn't recommend waiting until you see the thorns to topaz because you will need super fast reflexes and, like you said, it's difficult to see the effect with all the fire spewing everywhere.

Another option is of course to rely entirely on RF and just let the degen burn them down.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
Love your build and your guide. I won't be doing hardcore cause I get too careless. I love not being squishy =P. Keep the builds coming!
Gear :
Spoiler
Have been following this build for a little bit now and have to say that I'm totally loving it so far. Extremely fun to play.

Since I'm a bit of a noob though, I'm kinda dreading the full respec that will be happening. I'm curious if you will be updating the passive skill leveling section after the new reworked tree skills are released?
Why would you get Inner Force nodes? It increases RF's damage to yourself.
IF also boost your auras (and thus resists) and dmg, so in total you gain more damage.

Heres the new preliminary 1.3 trees for marauder and templar:

The will only work with the new poe skilltree tool 2.1.0 for now.

Good news is we get 0.1% more regen from tree, that should help people with rounding degen issues.
Bad news is we loose some life, old tree had 206% increase, new only has 194% with mara.
But we gain more mana regen (40%!) which helps CoD defense. You can always stack less dmg and more life too.
Since we have to take arsonist now we also gain 30% fire dmg.
Ciao!
Last edited by marvtobi on Dec 3, 2014, 9:19:42 PM
The majority of players will not get to the "completed" tree. I fired up the new 1.3 tree and created a 107 point build designed to mirror the existing 107 point build. I think that the changes overall will be a buff to this build.

Tree comparisons:

The existing tree has the following, relative to the new tree:

+4% increased life
+3% increased mana
+30% increased armor

The new tree has the following, relative to the existing tree:

+60% increased mana regeneration
+.1% life regeneration
+15% all resists
+40% fire damage
+26% elemental damage
+1% fire penetration
5% chance to freeze/shock/ignite
+16% elemental damage with spells

A tiny bit of defense is lost, but we gain a ton of mana regen and damage. There are loads of close life nodes to close the gap if we want. Using my tree I can get up to 220% life at 119 points.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
"
swarmofseals wrote:
The majority of players will not get to the "completed" tree. I fired up the new 1.3 tree and created a 107 point build designed to mirror the existing 107 point build. I think that the changes overall will be a buff to this build.

Tree comparisons:

The existing tree has the following, relative to the new tree:

+4% increased life
+3% increased mana
+30% increased armor

The new tree has the following, relative to the existing tree:

+60% increased mana regeneration
+.1% life regeneration
+15% all resists
+40% fire damage
+26% elemental damage
+1% fire penetration
5% chance to freeze/shock/ignite
+16% elemental damage with spells

A tiny bit of defense is lost, but we gain a ton of mana regen and damage. There are loads of close life nodes to close the gap if we want. Using my tree I can get up to 220% life at 119 points.

Yes !!!
To grind or not to grind, that's the question.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info