Daggers too OP

"
"
LSN wrote:
What is the choice and perspective when starting a new charackter? Playing any of the weapons mentioned above and max out with a mirrored weapon at the price of roughly ~200 exalt and still be way weaker than the guy who opted for daggers and gets already stronger than you when getting a mastercrafted dagger similar to the one quoted above for like 10 ex?vely).

What a lovely mentality. The guy that spent 200ex should have a better time than the guy that spent 10ex. How does that even come up in a balance thread?

As for the daggers, unless dagger crit builds consistently top the PvP charts, it's a non issue. Not like you could even translate PvP balancing to PvE anyway.

Are you saying people with 10000000000 ex and over 9000 mirrors have more fun than i do? Doesnt seem so, i have lots of fun. :)
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
iuxtaignem wrote:

"
amksoljanka wrote:

Is it actually possible to have the same mod twice?

That's not the same mod.

"166% damage" is a "pure damage" prefix.
"49% damage, 50 accuracy" is a "hybrid" prefix.

You can roll both of them on any weapon if you are lucky.

Yeah, I realized that right after re-reading my post. Anyway, it's still weird to me, I mean, having two different %increased physical damage rolls on the same weapon... Bless ggg
"
"
LSN wrote:
What is the choice and perspective when starting a new charackter? Playing any of the weapons mentioned above and max out with a mirrored weapon at the price of roughly ~200 exalt and still be way weaker than the guy who opted for daggers and gets already stronger than you when getting a mastercrafted dagger similar to the one quoted above for like 10 ex?vely).

As for the daggers, unless dagger crit builds consistently top the PvP charts, it's a non issue. Not like you could even translate PvP balancing to PvE anyway.

It seems a pretty serious issue if everybody and their grandma eventually plays a dagger char because all other weapons are noticeably weaker.
"
Jojas wrote:
"
"
LSN wrote:

It seems a pretty serious issue if everybody and their grandma eventually plays a dagger char because all other weapons are noticeably weaker.

Does it really matter though? Im sure pretty much everyone can get 30k+ dps and from that point on especially in pvp, its 1 shot all the time everytime. Its like if you have a million or 10 million dollars, if you buy a donut for 3 dollars its not making any difference.
I'd hate for PoE to turn into one of "those" games where one of the first things you hear is that this or that build is totally op, has been a long time and nothing is being done. Or when someone asks in the forum for a good build to play the first fifteen answers are dagger, dagger, dagger.
I don't know if it can come to that, i just think that this is something that really should be avoided.
Daggers are nerfed

One day after: OMG GGG NERF HARBINGERS GGG BOWS TO STRONK OMG !!

"
Teplokot wrote:
Daggers are nerfed

One day after: OMG GGG NERF HARBINGERS GGG BOWS TO STRONK OMG !!

LMAO
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Jojas wrote:
I'd hate for PoE to turn into one of "those" games where one of the first things you hear is that this or that build is totally op, has been a long time and nothing is being done. Or when someone asks in the forum for a good build to play the first fifteen answers are dagger, dagger, dagger.
I don't know if it can come to that, i just think that this is something that really should be avoided.

well, that depends on what you plan to do. If you want lots of crit dagger is skinda obvious but im not even playing mine atm at all and still have fun with my 2h axe duelist for example. So its really personal tastes.

Its like how 90% of men would sleep with jennifer aniston, might not be your taste but that doesnt mean its bad, right? So 90% of people would tell you to use daggers because of the dps, that doesnt mean you gotta use them.
"
Jojas wrote:

Is thst the case in PvP? I don't play it at all, so wouldn't know.

If dagger builds are highly dominant in PvP, then yes, something has to be done to increase variety. The issue is that PvP balancing changes do not translate to PvE easily and vice versa. In most cases, they do not translate at all.

The best solution would be to decouple PvP and PvE entirely, but that's a gargantuan task that is most likely beyond GGG's capabilities. They're still pretty small despite the relative success of the game.

"
Its like how 90% of men would sleep with jennifer aniston

Ewww, she's so late 90ties.
Last edited by hismastersvoice on Sep 21, 2014, 11:42:04 AM

http://solhifady.blogspot.be/
Last edited by fadox on Sep 21, 2014, 11:57:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info