Daggers too OP

"
ffogell wrote:
"
Rampe69 wrote:
I'm going to get alot of crap for this but i'm still going to say it. This game is drifting towards Diablo 3, where 95% of builds are crit based.

its not drifting its already there ;)

Lol, right. Forsaken Masters is the crit build expansion, next one will be about something else.

Last edited by Wishuponastar on Sep 22, 2014, 3:16:56 PM
"
ffogell wrote:
"
Rampe69 wrote:
I'm going to get alot of crap for this but i'm still going to say it. This game is drifting towards Diablo 3, where 95% of builds are crit based.

its not drifting its already there ;)

Welcome to the Path of Crit
It's not a good idea to either just flat out nerf daggers or to flat out buff other weapons. I really hope they come up with something more innovative than just adjusting numbers, and in my oppinion there are already some mechanics in the game to balance out the different choices.

Don't forget that it's just straight boring if every choice is just equally good in terms of achieving certain goals, so this has to be the main focus. Imo, it's fine if daggers offer the most DPS (alongside with bows + wands + claws), but they also offer better defense via block/spellblock and better utility with Surgeon's. There's no good reason to go 2Hand, you'd have to rework what all the weapons offer:

- daggers: flat out DPS. Drawback: the least range of all the weapons, you really have jump in the face of the enemy. This might affect Reave, for example, so Reave used with Daggers has 30% less AoE. You might also limit AoE damage, or damage from creating projectiles (Lightning Strike or Molten Strike).

- 1hand Swords: less DPS then daggers, but higher range, maybe even buffing the AoE for attacks like Reave. Basicly, with swords you'd be able to attack the enemy from a (small) distance.

- 1hand Axe: built in bleed effect, much like Ignite. Normal range. The harder you hit, the greater is the bleed effect's AoE. The important part here is that bleed would not be reflected.

- 1hand Mace/Scepter: Like daggers, you have to be close, but instead of daggers maces offer a build-in AoE splash; less effective than Melee Splash, but strong enough so you can use Heavy Strike for instance as an AoE attack without modifying it. The harder you hit, the greater the AoE.

- 2Handers: follow the thought pattern of the 1Hand weapons, but as a catch they all have a built-in AoE effect - for Maces, this AoE effect would be even stronger, naturally.

- Staffs: keep them as they are, but expand the options to set a staff using character up for block. Ofc, they'd also profit from the build-in AoE effect of 2handers.

The basic ideas that are in the game so far would stay in the game, as in: Axes = high dps, Swords = accurate, Maces = stun.
Also, flask pre- and suffixes would have to be reworked so there are options similiar to Surgeon's - they would not have to be just as strong, but it'd help non-crit builds immensly in terms of utility.

These are just random ideas, and they're by no means perfect or completely thought through - just what i came up with on the fly. The basic idea is that you neither limit the DPS of daggers nor just flat out buff the DPS of the other weapons, but rather offer more interesting choices so other weapons have their niche. In my example:

- Swords are very versatile and very safe to play with a great range in general
- Daggers have the best DPS expecially against single targets, like bosses
- Axes make you more or less immune against reflect no matter your setup, you can spam DPS mindlessly
- Maces annihilate huge packs of enemies the quickest

- 2handers in general can spare AoE support gems and add more DPS support gems. As they offer two potential 6Ls and wouldn't need one dedicated AoE setup anymore, that'd free up space for innovative setups like cast on melee kill or maybe even 2Hand-Melee + Summons, Hybrid caster or anything else you can imagine with 2x 6L.
In other words, imagine 2Handers as a seperate modifier just like dualwielding, where 2Handers add AoE to single target attacks, more AoE to AoE attacks or additional projectiles to projectile attacks. This'd actually be a reason to use 2Handers over 1hand+shield or dual wielding.

---

tl;dr: don't nerf dagger DPS and don't buff all other weapons in DPS as that'd be boring, instead make the other weapon choices interesting and increase diversity that way. Also, add additional pre- and suffixes for bottle utility similiar to Surgeon's.
"
ahcos wrote:
It's not a good idea to either just flat out nerf daggers or to flat out buff other weapons. I really hope they come up with something more innovative than just adjusting numbers, and in my oppinion there are already some mechanics in the game to balance out the different choices.

Don't forget that it's just straight boring if every choice is just equally good in terms of achieving certain goals, so this has to be the main focus. Imo, it's fine if daggers offer the most DPS (alongside with bows + wands + claws), but they also offer better defense via block/spellblock and better utility with Surgeon's. There's no good reason to go 2Hand, you'd have to rework what all the weapons offer:

- daggers: flat out DPS. Drawback: the least range of all the weapons, you really have jump in the face of the enemy. This might affect Reave, for example, so Reave used with Daggers has 30% less AoE. You might also limit AoE damage, or damage from creating projectiles (Lightning Strike or Molten Strike).

- 1hand Swords: less DPS then daggers, but higher range, maybe even buffing the AoE for attacks like Reave. Basicly, with swords you'd be able to attack the enemy from a (small) distance.

- 1hand Axe: built in bleed effect, much like Ignite. Normal range. The harder you hit, the greater is the bleed effect's AoE. The important part here is that bleed would not be reflected.

- 1hand Mace/Scepter: Like daggers, you have to be close, but instead of daggers maces offer a build-in AoE splash; less effective than Melee Splash, but strong enough so you can use Heavy Strike for instance as an AoE attack without modifying it. The harder you hit, the greater the AoE.

- 2Handers: follow the thought pattern of the 1Hand weapons, but as a catch they all have a built-in AoE effect - for Maces, this AoE effect would be even stronger, naturally.

- Staffs: keep them as they are, but expand the options to set a staff using character up for block. Ofc, they'd also profit from the build-in AoE effect of 2handers.

The basic ideas that are in the game so far would stay in the game, as in: Axes = high dps, Swords = accurate, Maces = stun.
Also, flask pre- and suffixes would have to be reworked so there are options similiar to Surgeon's - they would not have to be just as strong, but it'd help non-crit builds immensly in terms of utility.

These are just random ideas, and they're by no means perfect or completely thought through - just what i came up with on the fly. The basic idea is that you neither limit the DPS of daggers nor just flat out buff the DPS of the other weapons, but rather offer more interesting choices so other weapons have their niche. In my example:

- Swords are very versatile and very safe to play with a great range in general
- Daggers have the best DPS expecially against single targets, like bosses
- Axes make you more or less immune against reflect no matter your setup, you can spam DPS mindlessly
- Maces annihilate huge packs of enemies the quickest

- 2handers in general can spare AoE support gems and add more DPS support gems. As they offer two potential 6Ls and wouldn't need one dedicated AoE setup anymore, that'd free up space for innovative setups like cast on melee kill or maybe even 2Hand-Melee + Summons, Hybrid caster or anything else you can imagine with 2x 6L.
In other words, imagine 2Handers as a seperate modifier just like dualwielding, where 2Handers add AoE to single target attacks, more AoE to AoE attacks or additional projectiles to projectile attacks. This'd actually be a reason to use 2Handers over 1hand+shield or dual wielding.

---

tl;dr: don't nerf dagger DPS and don't buff all other weapons in DPS as that'd be boring, instead make the other weapon choices interesting and increase diversity that way. Also, add additional pre- and suffixes for bottle utility similiar to Surgeon's.

What the hell are you doing, mate? Are you writing a constructive post on a free to play arpg forum? Thats not how its done! Stop it !

Yeah i'm sorry i think i got carried away ...
"
ahcos wrote:

you'd have to rework what all the weapons offer:

Good ideas
hi

I feel my English is not adequate, so I'm asking forgiveness by the translator.

1st OP has no idea of the mechanics of the class, much less play ..

The class to use daggers decree is the Shadow, all we have to get ahead is to do a lot of damage in a short time, since the class are less resistant.

You fall into the game a decent dagger is almost impossible, and if you drop the scrolls will never be good.

To say that a gun is OP, just because it allows you to use shield, is the stupidest thing I ever heard. And even more stupid answer is this post, which is completely filled with tears.

All classes are perfect, which does the damage of a shadow, has twice the endurance.

On the liabilities side of the Shadow tree, is aimed at daggers only, and is as it should be, a lot of damage and short fuse.

If GGG ignore these cries, is that you have little idea of ​​the mechanics of the game and classes.

Al pasvio tree of Shadow, lacks RES, EVA, fast attacks, ES, DAMAGES 2 DAGGERS, Precision, excluding that for moderately effective class or build, I have to go around the tree to gain some crit, and I have to do without everything else.

Well no daggers crit build are not much more than any other weapon.

But to say that the daggers are OVER is a great stupidity.

Greetings and sorry for my English.

PS: Close This post has no logic or common sense.
why not normalizing block for all 2h and not just only for staff ?

i neverunderstood this but adding the ability to cap block with a 2h would give the survivibility needed for those kind of build

also maybe increase the odds of gettting 600+ dps 2h ?
Topic moved to "We know that we suck at balancing stuff everybody knows its too OP, so we move post pointing it here so other people dont realize the "damn im not alone to think that""
section
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Sep 23, 2014, 12:02:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info