Daggers too OP

Twohanded weapon dps is lesser than a half of a crit dagger

Solution would be
1. Buff twohanded raw dmg and implicit style itself
2. Make crit cap to 50% chance and 500% multiplier with diminishing effects
3. Nurf freaking dagger's base crit rates and daggers exclusive insane crit nodes
Last edited by GodKas on Sep 20, 2014, 5:07:23 AM
"
GodKas wrote:

Solution would be
3. Nurf freaking dagger's base crit rates and daggers exclusive insane crit nodes

k 2 3 would just ruin the game
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
GodKas wrote:
Loath Bane's dps with crit is FAR MUCH FAR superior to Pain Sunder mirrored vaal axe
popular dagger crit builds are easily over a million dps
such balance

GGG has never aimed to balance endgame builds.If you want a game that balances around almost perfect gear: play d3.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
GodKas wrote:

Solution would be

1. It's good solution but dagger also can wear shields, and if its not about daggers, it will be insane attack speed of corsair sword or jeweled foil or soul taker.
2. Crit chance isn't much of problem as crit multi.
3. people will start using claws or other 1-hander and we will be having these kind of posts, the real issue is shields(spell block)+dagger= OP.

GGG tried to nerf shields little bit by reducing the resist of archon kite shields, but that doesn't solve much problems, unless they fix the meta of end game monsters doing attacks that kills most players that doesn't have spell block or other plans and shield being a cheap way to get over it (ex: aegis aurora).

The problems with 2 handers.

1. can't wear shield
2. no block chance or low block chance (staff).
3. slow attack speed

The attack speed and block is very important thing imo.

Another issues can be

1. mace sucks
2. hammers suck
Last edited by Puraime on Sep 20, 2014, 5:19:56 AM
"
GodKas wrote:
Loath Bane's dps with crit is FAR MUCH FAR superior to Pain Sunder mirrored vaal axe
popular dagger crit builds are easily over a million dps
such balance

/Eternal and mirror rant
This is not a problem with the item itself, but rather a sympton.

The real problem is that the game has both eternals and mirrors.

With those two currency items you can (given enough currency) craft the "perfect" itme and endless replicate it.

If there where no eternals:

You could still craft a perfect item, but it would take an absurd amount of currency and luck. Endless copies of it would be possible, and you could get some of the cost back (or even make a profit). It would however be very hard to craft "perfect" items.

If there where no mirrors:

You could still craft perfect items, however you would be unable to sell copies of it, and it would be very unlikely that more than a few where ever made (due to the cost involved).

/endrant

Still sane exile?
you talk about mirroed items that are played in shavs lowlife build with legacy stuff etc.... shouldn't judge balance questions depending on standard !

however i support this

"
choopk1993 wrote:
Yes two handers need some love :3.

daggers are fine, 2handed needs like a good maruader passive for example http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2gx9y5/discussion_idea_for_new_2hand_mechanic/
ign: ALLRAUDER
Last edited by Luuu90 on Sep 20, 2014, 6:54:40 AM
"
GodKas wrote:

Solution would be

A brilliant idea indeed -_-

1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
I agree that other weapons may need some love but if you take perfect item and then say it's OP and needs to be nerfed, what happens to the other similar items that does not have 6 T1 rolls?
Yep, they are screwed.

IMO perfect items should be OP...
d:-D*
Daggers are definetly not OP for casual/self-found players. Yeah, a crafted/mirrored 6xT1 dagger will be OP, but how about other daggers? Good ones are really hard to find since they can also roll caster mods.

I started a dagger build in Rampage (because they are apparently so OP). I'm 87 now and haven't found a single useable dagger. I'm using 2 swords atm.

Daggers are probably a bit strong, but if you nerf them, at least make them more accessible, like creating some melee-only basetypes that can't roll caster stuff.
"
TheStalker wrote:
Daggers are definetly not OP for casual/self-found players. Yeah, a crafted/mirrored 6xT1 dagger will be OP, but how about other daggers? Good ones are really hard to find since they can also roll caster mods.

I started a dagger build in Rampage (because they are apparently so OP). I'm 87 now and haven't found a single useable dagger. I'm using 2 swords atm.

Daggers are probably a bit strong, but if you nerf them, at least make them more accessible, like creating some melee-only basetypes that can't roll caster stuff.

Daggers a fuckin op with crit
trust me
Last edited by GodKas on Sep 20, 2014, 7:25:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info