Forsaken Craft: You've sort of broken your game GGG

thats a nice quiver mate, actually slightly better than the one I have atm in rampage.

Can't beat that self found hype. Honestly, I feel like these changes have made the game so easy that self found is now the ONLY way to play this game, I wish I had just gone full self found in rampage because the game became a complete joke in a matter of days even with 50% of my gear being self found, it just all feels so pointless. I wish Beyond wasnt such a tedious league with these zzzzzzzzz Beyond mobs spawning every other second because its now the only league where my stash isnt polluted with traded gears.

I loved the trade though, it meant even when you had sick gears there was still something worth farming for, you could still get something meaningful for good drops. I hated the act of trading and maintaining a shop but I loved the motivation and social aspects it brought to the game and the way it gave the game legs, really stretched the life of the grind out to what seemed like infinity. Now its just completely fucked imo, as soon as you trade a little its like game over, just faceroll the shit out of everything in a matter of days in a fresh league.

I feel like GGG tried to make masters a social thing, and in doing so just completely fucked up their game and actually destroyed a lot of the previous social/looting aspects and the opportunity to make the masters addition bring self found and trade closer together. Game is now about sitting around in hideout spamming chat for master zergs, grind masters all day, get the high level mods and then build weapons that just make playing any map content pathetic, thats the min/max. If you start off a league doing anything different you are doing it 'wrong' and are nerfing yourself to some extent unless you have contacts who are grinding masters you can leech off. Not that you need to, I didnt do any of that and it was one big joke anyway. Still, as the optimum way of playing the game thats fucking boring man, thats so, soooo lame.

I doubt I'll be doing anything other than solo self found after these leagues for the rest of my time with this game unless big changes are made, if I can even find the motivation to keep playing this any more, part of me feels like they just ruined their beautiful game. RIP. Sadly Im not the only person I know who feels like this.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Sep 21, 2014, 10:17:25 PM
Doing any kind of trading grouping or service using, etc. has always turned this game into casual difficulty mode. FM hasn't changed anything in that regard. It's always been that way.

If you wish to truly and fully discover the man-mode of solo self found, go all the way with it. None of this 50% stuff. Pick one of those OP builds with ultra gear and try to make your best rendition of it with the things you find along the way. Don't use masters.

If everything is too broken, find a way to un-break it. Be an innovator.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
thats a nice quiver mate, actually slightly better than the one I have atm in rampage.

Can't beat that self found hype. Honestly, I feel like these changes have made the game so easy that self found is now the ONLY way to play this game, I wish I had just gone full self found in rampage because the game became a complete joke in a matter of days even with 50% of my gear being self found, it just all feels so pointless. I wish Beyond wasnt such a tedious league with these zzzzzzzzz Beyond mobs spawning every other second because its now the only league where my stash isnt polluted with traded gears.

I loved the trade though, it meant even when you had sick gears there was still something worth farming for, you could still get something meaningful for good drops. I hated the act of trading and maintaining a shop but I loved the motivation and social aspects it brought to the game and the way it gave the game legs, really stretched the life of the grind out to what seemed like infinity. Now its just completely fucked imo, as soon as you trade a little its like game over, just faceroll the shit out of everything in a matter of days in a fresh league.

I feel like GGG tried to make masters a social thing, and in doing so just completely fucked up their game and actually destroyed a lot of the previous social/looting aspects and the opportunity to make the masters addition bring self found and trade closer together. Game is now about sitting around in hideout spamming chat for master zergs, grind masters all day, get the high level mods and then build weapons that just make playing any map content pathetic, thats the min/max. If you start off a league doing anything different you are doing it 'wrong' and are nerfing yourself to some extent unless you have contacts who are grinding masters you can leech off. Not that you need to, I didnt do any of that and it was one big joke anyway. Still, as the optimum way of playing the game thats fucking boring man, thats so, soooo lame.

I doubt I'll be doing anything other than solo self found after these leagues for the rest of my time with this game unless big changes are made, if I can even find the motivation to keep playing this any more, part of me feels like they just ruined their beautiful game. RIP. Sadly Im not the only person I know who feels like this.

why dont you reroll then?

I wont play my main shadow after he is at 89 besides daily missions. But I really enjoy testing new builds. Now that I'm able to craft gear I can try out whatever I like and its more fun then ever.

Especially with some currency to steamroll cruel and normal you will find yourself enjoying this game so much more.

My next plan is to build a Glacial Hammer Crit Scepter build with a selfcrafted Sceptre as soon as my elreon hits 8 (should be max 2 weeks, since I allways 820 elreon).

I have a crit trapper sitting at 70.

I want to do a Gatling gun dual totem wand barrage build.

I have like 10 more ideas and the good ones will carry oover to the next leagues.

Use what you have and anjoy your fnished characters if you feel like playing them again.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
amksoljanka wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
i have to admit , after seeing that image , i kind of dont want to play this game anymore , break time i guess.

umm, its just showoff, not real mapping deeps

Its less about that specific wand or build that kills the game for me , but rather the underlying mechanical issues that it represents.

the bottom line is that it is possible to get 1,000,000 dps. that should not be possible. not that it should be super expensive , no . it should not be physically possible to get 1,000,000 dps by simple fact of how the very existence of it proves how broken power scaling in this game is.

the reality is that if you have the ideal access to crit, then you have access to a level of clear speed and power that destroys any competition.

Sure you can argue that one should not worry about it since it doesn't directly affect me. But really now that i know about it , it kind of makes builds like summoners , totemers 2 hander melee , noncrit melee .. non crit anything far less attractive.

its no fun to play a build you know has a low potential when you know of a build that is exactly the same but has much higher potential. it just is not. it is also not fun to be pigeonholed into using a mechanic if you want to maintain some semblance of a competitive edge.

so yeah seeing this "display dps" sucked the motivation right out of me. sorry. its a broken concept.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 22, 2014, 7:38:47 AM
Do you have inferior complex Munk? That's just ridiculous.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Doing any kind of trading grouping or service using, etc. has always turned this game into casual difficulty mode. FM hasn't changed anything in that regard. It's always been that way.

I dont agree at all, it used to be very difficult to actually acquire game breaking gear. My character in Rampage was as powerful in the first 5 days of the league as my standard characters were after 10 months of playing that league, thats how much they have nuked their game. Looking at your character list your highest level character is 72, so unless Im missing something you havent even really played endgame to talk about such things from experience.

"

If you wish to truly and fully discover the man-mode of solo self found, go all the way with it. None of this 50% stuff. Pick one of those OP builds with ultra gear and try to make your best rendition of it with the things you find along the way. Don't use masters.

If everything is too broken, find a way to un-break it. Be an innovator.

I already went completely solo self found in beyond, hit lvl80 immortal achievement on my first attempt, its just such a boring league I dont enjoy playing it. There comes a point when self restricting too much just feels pointless in itself anyway imo, I like the game when you could throw all your knowledge behind it and still find it challenging.

"
Vincendra wrote:

why dont you reroll then?

I wont play my main shadow after he is at 89 besides daily missions. But I really enjoy testing new builds. Now that I'm able to craft gear I can try out whatever I like and its more fun then ever.

Especially with some currency to steamroll cruel and normal you will find yourself enjoying this game so much more.

I rerolled in beyond and streamrolled the game all the way to level 80 in a few days completely solo self found using a dual wield melee starting with absolutely no currency or items at all, you dont even need currency to do that, you dont need anything. Over the years theyve actually fixed aspects of their game so that playing it from a fresh start with virtually any build is fine, sadly they then got all "we could make fm a community thing too and have powerful rewards at really high levels" and just went full retard.

Maybe you are right though, maybe Ill get some drive back for the game and enjoy experimenting more at some point. I already have many characters at lvl90+, a lot of whom have had many, many respecs since open beta. Ive probably tried 30+ builds in the mid to high 80s+, but perhaps if I can just have a near mirror quality weapon of any kind at the drop of a hat I can play around with some really out there builds.

I've heard a lot of people say they wish the game was just a sandbox to experiment with stuff. I always felt like GGG didnt want that, they didnt want to have cheats on alpha server for the testers there to just sandbox, the way respeccing is not free, the whole thing was designed to prevent that sort of behavior before. I feel like they knew if you just give people the sandbox they will try everything out and just get bored of it all really quickly because it becomes meaningless. It makes me very sad that thats what its now turning into, feels like we can now effectively 'cheat' if we want to. The fact that everyone can cheat just completely destroys any credibility in the community experience which just forces players into strict solo self found, which I always found to be a more limited, boring way of playing too in its own way, trading gives more things in your looting game value. I dunno man, whatever, listening to the devs on the podcast they dont rly care that they have fucked it all up and think yeah, just make it a bit more expensive itll be fine, make it more for the traders and less for the self founds and that will make it all ok, if thats the game they want to turn poe into then whatever. Such a shame.

"
That's just ridiculous.

Some find ridiculous 1 mln DPS builds in game, where average player struggles to pass 15-20K DPS. If such disparity is possible, game will never have any balance, especially that devs insist to make high level players life harder, what completely shits on average player.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
That's just ridiculous.

Some find ridiculous 1 mln DPS builds in game, where average player struggles to pass 15-20K DPS. If such disparity is possible, game will never have any balance, especially that devs insist to make high level players life harder, what completely shits on average player.

Thats standard league, people there are using fully mirrored bis gear (legacy crit multi etc.). GGG doesn't balance around standard league.

Last edited by amksoljanka on Sep 22, 2014, 8:11:37 AM
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
That's just ridiculous.

You want a casual player / average player to be able to somehow get mirrored god tier gear which enables 1 mil DPS +? Or what? A fucking number alone makes people emo like look at that shit guy has given up lol

And most of these 1m+ DPS builds are in fucking standard out of all things lol have they forgotten they don't balance around that league? Have they? Or are they just too broken to realize it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 22, 2014, 8:16:23 AM
On some level I agree with chip in theory, a lot of what he says about knowing an optimal min/max and avoiding it just for the sake of it becomes a hollow experience is spot on imo. But in practice if you have 20k dps on a chained projectile attack the only different in clear speed vs a 1 million dps build is going to be against a boss, 20k dps with 30% movespeed boots is going to clear the map up to the boss quicker than 1,000,000 dps with 15% movespeed boots will if you are talking about soloing maps with single player hp mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info