Forsaken Craft: You've sort of broken your game GGG

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:
POE confirmed now more casual than D3! (Last I checked, enchanting in D3 was completely RNG based, with increasing cost every attempt for bonus hardcore points)

Except you can't get the best tiers in PoE crafting.

Except PoE [Master] crafting is now used not only to 'get the best tiers' easier and cheaper, but to now realise the impossible near perfect divine.

You can't get the best tiers with crafting. Perfect divined is the icing on a cake that asked countless eternal/Exalts to make.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Sep 21, 2014, 6:43:08 PM
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:

You can't get the best tiers with crafting. Perfect divined is the icing on a cake that asked countless eternal/Exalts to make.

I suggest you research exactly how that wand was crafted.

I'll do it for you.

Spoiler
The Crafting Log - A Tale of the Luckiest Regal Ever

Started off using about 10k alts trying to get a 2 t1 base to start from - in the end settled for a solo tyrannical roll and resolved to et + augment it to get the base. The odds of hitting tyrannical + one of your 3 suffixes in t1 are just astronomical, so eternaling from this point is pretty much a necessity.

Insane luck strikes the first time - after only 3 eternal + augments we hit t1 crit chance! Huzzah. The regaling can begin - at this point we're actually aiming to craft a hybrid (tyrannical/glyphic) wand.

This part is one of the luckiest moments ever to be had by a player in PoE. After only 5 eternal + regals I hit EMPEROR. (t1 split phys %dmg/acc) The odds on this mod are 1/700 and frequently takes 1000+ eternals to find it. It is in case of THIS that we started with a tyrannical blue wand, rather than glyphic. The plan now becomes to craft the new 6 t1 #1 phys wand.

It is here where the new masters come into play - I get slaydemkidz to apply the new suffix "Cannot roll caster mods" to the wand using lvl8 Vagan. This cuts down the mod pool a significant amount and I eternal+exalt into t1 attack speed suffix in 33 tries.

We're still short 2 mods, and our suffixes are now blocked thanks to the vagan mod filling the final spot. 31 eternals + exalteds gets us the final prefix we need - t1 flat phys damage.

At this point the real sneaky business comes into play. We remove the Vagan suffix, and divine our 3 prefixes to their final state. This was the longest and most arduous part of the craft and we spent most of the day buying divines. 487 Divine rolls gets us to our perfect Flaring, Perfect Tyrannical, and near perfect Emperor rolls. We then apply the new Haku suffix "Prefixes cannot be changed" and then use a further 32 divines to fix our two suffixes - attack speed and crit chance to perfect rolls. We then remove the suffix and prep for finding our final mod.

Destruction - t1 crit multiplier. 66 eternals + exalteds get us there - but the t1 mod rolls as 35%, the absolute bottom of the range. After an entire hour of debate, I remove the destruction mod and eternal + exalted a further 45 times to hit Destruction again - and this time it's a perfect 38% roll. Big thanks go out to Fyndel and a few others for providing the encouragement to dare try it again looking for that sick roll. The 35% did not mesh with the rest of the weapon, and divining was obviously out of the question.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 21, 2014, 6:52:51 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:

I suggest you research exactly how that wand was crafted.

I know what you mean. And what I mean, is that even if you can block some mods etc., you still can't get top tiers from master crafting.
IGN : @Morgoth
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
I know what you mean. And what I mean, is that even if you can block some mods etc., you still can't get top tiers from master crafting.

Well, semantics, then.

But hey, if crafting X item with 90% perfect mods costs, say 10,000 exalts.

And using the masters to craft X item with 99.9% perfect mods costs, say 5,000 exalts.

I'd fucking well say that you can get top tier mods from masters, and cheaper, to boot.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 21, 2014, 6:59:07 PM
So 487 Divines and like 200+ ET/EX is too cheap, is that what you're trying to tell me?

If that's not your point, then what is it exactly?
Team Won
"
Vincendra wrote:

I'd rather pay, what, 5 chaos to a lvl 8 Elreon player to get this mod instead of blowing several exalts up someone's overpricing arse.

several exalts is pretty easy to make, you can make that in a day or two if you know what you are doing with trade, if you dont know then thats somewhere you can improve yourself with game knowledge. A few exalts for a really good item is not over priced, sounds kind of cheap to me, and I dont flip items, I dont scam, I just play the game fair and square, sell my drops, lvl gems in weapon swaps etc. Theres a difference between people overpricing and people with a lot of game knowledge who know how to make more than an exalt every day fairly just from grinding the game and running a shop, and they dont feel like asking 2 or 3 days worth of grinding money is a lot for the sort of item it might take you a few months or more to find yourself.

The worst thing you can do is wall yourself off from trading on that level, tell yourself you cant get in on it and resent that whole side of the game. Becomes a self fulfilling thing, be confident charging what your items are worth, learn to properly value items and trust me, youll thank yourself for it in the long term. Took me forever to get out of that "I only charge a chaos or two for everything because more is overpricing" mindset. Dont sell yourself short man, get what you deserve for your time invested.
"
ggnorekthx wrote:
So 487 Divines and like 200+ ET/EX is too cheap, is that what you're trying to tell me?

Jesus, people around here struggle to just read what's written.

Casually casual.

"
ggnorekthx wrote:

he charges 100 exalts per copy and hes made 13...so 1300 exalts reimbursed not including the worth of the original?

GGG would profit big time if they made exalt stack size 5 instead of 10.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Sep 21, 2014, 7:14:25 PM
"
morbo wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
Price increase coming for Elreon mod (Quarl on podcast), better start crafting while you can.

Nice job QQers.

With my Elreon 1 month+ away from 8, its time to shop & use services, I guess -_-

E:
Rich will get slightly more richer on top of it, because QQ-ing about rich getting richer.

sounds like you need to join me in the QQ about elite party masterlevel zerging then, see, I had it covered from post 1 bros, covered from post 1. No slow coach here m8, on that shit from the off.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Vincendra wrote:

I'd rather pay, what, 5 chaos to a lvl 8 Elreon player to get this mod instead of blowing several exalts up someone's overpricing arse.

several exalts is pretty easy to make, you can make that in a day or two if you know what you are doing with trade, if you dont know then thats somewhere you can improve yourself with game knowledge. A few exalts for a really good item is not over priced, sounds kind of cheap to me, and I dont flip items, I dont scam, I just play the game fair and square, sell my drops, lvl gems in weapon swaps etc. Theres a difference between people overpricing and people with a lot of game knowledge who know how to make more than an exalt every day fairly just from grinding the game and running a shop, and they dont feel like asking 2 or 3 days worth of grinding money is a lot for the sort of item it might take you a few months or more to find yourself.

The worst thing you can do is wall yourself off from trading on that level, tell yourself you cant get in on it and resent that whole side of the game. Becomes a self fulfilling thing, be confident charging what your items are worth, learn to properly value items and trust me, youll thank yourself for it in the long term. Took me forever to get out of that "I only charge a chaos or two for everything because more is overpricing" mindset. Dont sell yourself short man, get what you deserve for your time invested.

currency

+ 15 exalts in gear (Bor, Alphas, GG quiver etc).

And im so fucking relieved I do not need to spend it on some no life farmer for gear, because I can use it myself.

I use trade, I use procurement to have my shop updated. I still will not overpay any lucker or flipper for a 350+ dps weapon EVER. And im so glad I can do it myself now.

Ps: About selling under value.

, Yeah, got a bad master roll (9 out of 8 -20) But it has awesome rolls. I wont sell it under 4ex under any circumstance. I will roll an archer sooner or later, so I'll use it myself then.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Last edited by Vincendra on Sep 21, 2014, 8:03:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info