Forsaken Craft: You've sort of broken your game GGG

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

"
amksoljanka wrote:

wtf is this? Seriously? Chris, Qarl, Michael, someone, wtf am I looking at right now? Release the roflcopters, its batshit time.

The most funny thing about this is that noone would even bother to craft a sword, mace or axe (for trading). Its all about daggers. They benefit the most from these new crafting things.

Other than that, this shown dagger should never be craftable with masters for low at all. This is worse than eternal orbs to the game. It makes magic find and in general continuing to play this game long term completely meaningless and obsolete. This is way too close to a mirror dagger and crafting costs are probably only 10-20 exalts. From now on you can really leave all drops for good on the floor like in diablo 3.

I 100% agree with OP. GGG balance team, gw!
Last edited by LSN on Sep 20, 2014, 7:41:29 AM
"
LSN wrote:

The most funny thing about this is that noone would even bother to craft a sword, mace or axe (for trading). Its all about daggers. They benefit the most from these new crafting things.

I can see someone craft scepters though (if you count them for maces). Mostly because you can play them with crit too :D
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Last edited by Vincendra on Sep 20, 2014, 7:38:14 AM
The item curve for solo players was far, FAR too fucking steep right at the endgame level. This level of crafting fixes that. More than that, the mindset of economy-worship took a huge blow this season. I'm all for it.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Euronymus wrote:
How self centric can you be to think that other players dont have the same maturity and actually suggest that you are trying to save their gaming experience?!

Couldn't have said it better. he thinks he's Jesus Christ sent to save POE. He is simply disgustingly paternalistic and condescending.

This is such a boon to the self found players. Us self found people, grinding for years, stocking up on currencies over extended periods, using name matching recipes, we can finally craft, he can no longer sell his gear, so he resorts to QQ. I can't make sense of his incoherent babbling anymore. Lost all punctuation and grammatical sense, which belies his emotional state. He truly feels threatened by this economic meta change for the betterment of POE, but not towards his obviously nefarious selfish agenda.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Last edited by THEHORNEDRAT on Sep 20, 2014, 8:08:21 AM
"
Vincendra wrote:

Reposting my claw:

found 10 days into the league.

I know this is not near any mirror Item, but it is sufficently effective for anything the game throws at me. 10 days into the new league.

1 in a million drop that wouldnt be as good as it is without the master crafted mod. Which is fine, got no problem with that weapon, but its not in the same league as that dagger I posted, its not a common item that is always easy to get, it comes from an extremely rare drop that cant just be factory line produced.

I searched xyz like you said, theres 2 daggers, one is the master crafted one, another is a dagger that wouldnt be as good as it is without a master mod having been added. So basically no, no dagger of the level of the one I have posted naturally exists on the server and no dagger like that EVER existed in the entire 4 months of ambush. The one with a single master mod is fine, I like the new crafting, it came from a nearly impossible drop like yours and the guy took it up a level with 1 mod, no problem with that. The dagger I linked should not exist. You re wrong, what you have asserted that items like this are always easy to get is wrong, they didnt even exist in previous 4 month softcore leagues, what you have said simply isnt true hence you have no point.

"
LSN wrote:

Other than that, this shown dagger should never be craftable with masters for low at all. This is worse than eternal orbs to the game. It makes magic find and in general continuing to play this game long term completely meaningless and obsolete. This is way too close to a mirror dagger and crafting costs are probably only 10-20 exalts. From now on you can really leave all drops for good on the floor like in diablo 3.

looks at LSNs profile, lvl98 character in standard league, surprise surprise a player who actually has real experience of the game and knows what theyre talking about when it comes to high level gear and game play.

Thank you LSN for joining me in having some sense around here, I appreciate it mate.

As a self-found player I am really happy that this kind of crafting exists now. Of course it doesn't help me at the moment - it will take a long time to get Elreon to level 8, I don't even know if I will reach level 8 before the temp leagues end. However, at least now there is a chance to get my hands on a good weapon after a massive time investment and that is something I am really looking for.

I never had any luck finding a decent weapon myself. Even something with a higher tier % phys dmg and a higher flat phys dmg affix seems to be a one in a million drop. AS, crit, phys/acc? Don't even dare to think about it.

Again, I am really happy that it is possible to craft good weapons now (after grinding the master to level 8) and I hope that GGG sticks with it and does not nerf it.
What's wrong with normal people having access to decent gear to enjoy the game, even on 76-78 maps? Game was way too elitist, it needed something like this.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
LSN wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

"
amksoljanka wrote:

wtf is this? Seriously? Chris, Qarl, Michael, someone, wtf am I looking at right now? Release the roflcopters, its batshit time.

Okay, someone riddle me this: that dagger pre-crafting has a t1 IPD roll (tyrannical) and a t1 flat damage roll (flaring), and you're complaining about master mods? Just those two mods alone are 80% of the work right there. The master mods (50% IPD, +25% local crit, +IAS) look almost negligible next to those two rolls.

And let me ask the question now: how many alts + regals + scourings did it take to roll the tyrannical + flat damage, or eternals + regals? Yeah, no longer is it about eternal + exalt, but the cost is probably still obscene to get the pre-crafting item.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

1 in a million drop that wouldnt be as good as it is without the master crafted mod. Which is fine, got no problem with that weapon, but its not in the same league as that dagger I posted, its not a common item that is always easy to get, it comes from an extremely rare drop that cant just be factory line produced.

I searched xyz like you said, theres 2 daggers, one is the master crafted one, another is a dagger that wouldnt be as good as it is without a master mod having been added. So basically no, no dagger of the level of the one I have posted naturally exists on the server and no dagger like that EVER existed in the entire 4 months of ambush. The one with a single master mod is fine, I like the new crafting, it came from a nearly impossible drop like yours and the guy took it up a level with 1 mod, no problem with that. The dagger I linked should not exist. You re wrong, what you have asserted that items like this are always easy to get is wrong, they didnt even exist in previous 4 month softcore leagues, what you have said simply isnt true hence you have no point.

Undercut the values for 25% (because searching for t1 rolls isnt need for endgame viability)

130% Phys

10-20 Added Phys

10% Attspd. OR 20% local crit

You dont need more on a dagger to clear 78 maps like a breeze.
"

And let me ask the question now: how many alts + regals + scourings did it take to roll the tyrannical + flat damage, or eternals + regals? Yeah, no longer is it about eternal + exalt, but the cost is probably still obscene to get the pre-crafting item.

QFT
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
now there is a chance to get my hands on a good weapon

"
Poutsos wrote:
access to decent gear

confirmed absolutely clueless, no idea what you are talking about. Good weapon? Decent gear? Close to mirror worthy gear is "decent"? You have obviously absolutely no grasp of the power of weapons like this and that is why you are posting clueless comments. No one who really understands endgame gear can take what either of you has just said seriously. A weapon with a little over half the dps of the one I posted can absolutely destroy lvl78 maps, one day you will understand that and come to realise how right I was about this.

No offense meant to either of you, you just dont understand. I am all for this crafting to help solo, casual and self found players, but this one mod and its possibilities are way too extreme. I argued long and hard for this new type of crafting to help those players, and if you actually take the time to read my initial post, as in the words Ive actually written, not just scan read it and then make up what I have said to suit your own nerf paranoia as most people here seem to be, then you will realise that I am complaining that what should have been a buff to solo, casual and self found players has been implemented in a way that benefits high level party traders wayyyyyy more than those people at the bottom of the food chain who needed it. Im not calling for master crafting to be scrapped, Im complaing that the gap between solo self founders/casuals and the high baller players has been made even bigger because of certain aspects of how the masters work, they are making the game way too easy for the elites, way to balanced in favour of the elites and the self founders are now being left even further behind the big money ballers than ever before.

Not that you people care what I actually posted, you saw the thread title and before you even came in and read my post you had already fabricated what I was saying in your head and were set on arguing against it. My initial post is arguing against a bigger gap being created between money men and self found casuals and yet what are people calling me? and elitist trying to protect my wealth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info