Forsaken Craft: You've sort of broken your game GGG

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

the problem we are having is that I am actually seeing this from an average players point of view, but as an average player you have no experience to see it from my point of view, thats where the trouble is. You think I got that dagger first day of open beta? You think I had all my silly 6 link armours first day of the game? Ive been where you are, Ive played with your gear, for a long, long time, problem is you have never been where I am, you have never played with my gear, you have never been where you want to go, I have been there, I know whats at the end of the rainbow, thats why we disagree. Its not that I have forgotten what its like to be a casual level player, its that you have no idea what it is you are asking for, you dont realise just how far beyond faceroll this level of gear is.

who cares for your gear man? i will never have the gear you have except i start with RMT but then where is the fun?

Well definition of fun for everyone is a bit different for you it seems hammering the game with ur mirror gear, while for me im fine if there is a goal to reach and no those mods do not come close to 90% loath bane more like 60-70% which is totallly fine given that masters take ages to get level 8 in normal circumstances

and whats this bullcrap about never have been where you are? of course not i have a life bro and you should get one too, does it mean GGG should balance the game around you gaming junkies?
NO ofcourse not this patch and master crafting obviously was for the good of the game and for the good of average players no matter how hard you trying to twist this fact.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

It would make me happy to not have people with no clue what they are talking about and no experience of the things they want access to trying to argue with me from a point of absolute ignorance and then have the cheek to turn around and say I am the one being an elitist and being warped by my sense of greed when I am actually trying to protect this game at the expense of my own gearing potential, for the good of the game in general, that you people are too ignorant to even see past your own desire for op gear.

once you stop this i have 5k hours and have mirror gear bullshit we can start have a real unbased discussion without hidden ad hominem

why do i ever need your (no lifer junkie gamer) perspective to see what the game offers me

given a amount of time (not hours played into the game) a normal year the game gives me a lot more of course because obviously i play a lot less than you thats again nature of things.

But if your complaint is all about how people should play 5k+ hours before they get some gear to show off well then we should not talk at all at this point.

Also in future people like you will still have an edge over casual players even if a casual manages to master craft a 400 damage dagger, still not a loath bane seriously step down from your high horse, the only real ignorant person here is you claiming you looking it form a average players perspective oh comon i dont need to comment on that lie at all.

I mean where are your objective reasons why master crafting is bad for the majority of the players i really wanna see that list, not that "i trade 1k exalt gears" or "traders has moar money now" i dont give a fuck if traders have more they always had in pretty much every online game i know there is trading so i see nothing wrong here again.
Last edited by zzang on Sep 19, 2014, 11:50:54 PM
I'll make it short and sweet then. The multiple mod crafting increases power creep too much.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
I'll make it short and sweet then. The multiple mod crafting increases power creep too much.

But for who? In a game in which it's one-shot or be one-shotted, I don't think power creep is that big an issue.

My only issue is that the mods on defensive items just suck.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

But for who? In a game in which it's one-shot or be one-shotted, I don't think power creep is that big an issue.

My only issue is that the mods on defensive items just suck.

There's *very* few one shots in this game. It's an over used term many use to grab people's attention.

The crafting without multiple mods was perfect. A way to bump up the power lvl of gear you found.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
It boils down to this, and philosophically, I agree.

Unfortunately, those of us that want a 'challenging, hard, and rewarding' game are a small minority compared to the mass consumption single serving 'casuals' that just want to destroy things. I realized this shortly after the end of closed beta. Over time I've come to terms with this and try to accept it. Can't deny 'progress', however ignorant the masses may be.

In my books, the game was 'broken' once there was a sufficient amount of 1%ers in the game to accelerate the power creep. It was inevitable, and it happened very quickly once the game went 'open'. Sure, rose coloured glasses and nostalgia play a significant role in my perspective, but I am also thankful for this games' popularity because it means I can expect to continue to enjoy this game at my own pace, and not fear the servers will shut down due to a small contributing population.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
The mastercraft was a brilliant and needed idea, it just needs to be tweaked(nerfed) hard in order to maintain game balance and to prolong poe's lifespan which ultimately is ggg's true goal unless their banking all their money on new leagues to attract donators.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Sep 20, 2014, 1:07:24 AM
I think Master Crafting was a big boost to Solo Self-Found, Snorkle.

I do agree about the time-to-level part, and considering the amount of time I play nowadays, level 5 Catarina, level 3 Zana, and level 4 everybody else (except Haku. fuck Haku) - is an achievement for me.
and the crafting mods and vendor items these offer, are a very much appreciated help.

people exploiting the fuck out of Forsaken Masters? can't say GGG couldn't see that coming, but also can't say they could really do anything about it.

and honestly, I don't care if someone is selling lvl8 Zana Daily runs for lots of Exalts, or crafting insane mods on items without Eternal-Exalting their brains out and/or resorting to scamming others or RMT.
I don't, as long as I - and the rest of the SSF gang you apparently don't sympathize with - aren't stuck in one place waiting for a godly drop or a crazy RNG "craft" that never comes.
now, we finally can do something about our own state in the game. something pretty much skill-based, or at least a lot more skill-based than the previous total-RNG mess.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
I think Master Crafting was a big boost to Solo Self-Found, Snorkle.

I do agree about the time-to-level part, and considering the amount of time I play nowadays, level 5 Catarina, level 3 Zana, and level 4 everybody else (except Haku. fuck Haku) - is an achievement for me.
and the crafting mods and vendor items these offer, are a very much appreciated help.

people exploiting the fuck out of Forsaken Masters? can't say GGG couldn't see that coming, but also can't say they could really do anything about it.

and honestly, I don't care if someone is selling lvl8 Zana Daily runs for lots of Exalts, or crafting insane mods on items without Eternal-Exalting their brains out and/or resorting to scamming others or RMT.
I don't, as long as I - and the rest of the SSF gang you apparently don't sympathize with - aren't stuck in one place waiting for a godly drop or a crazy RNG "craft" that never comes.
now, we finally can do something about our own state in the game. something pretty much skill-based, or at least a lot more skill-based than the previous total-RNG mess.

Hers the thing, if you're stuck in one place because your next upgrade is weapon like which was crafted with multiple mods, you're in a damn good place already. This is precisely what I mean by power creep. If an item like that is the "next" step for you, congrats, you have good gear. But you *think* you don't.

Welcome to power creep. The more you get, the quicker you're screwed. Because as you move up the gear ladder, the less there is to look forward too.
There always has to be a balance between Progress and Content to look forward to,hence the grind in any Game that aims for longterm Players (mostly multiplayer games).

You were arguing straight from two opposites,casual gamers PoV and ,lets call them passioned gamers. Obyiously the grinding player types runs out of things to do and gets bored while the people who cant stand too much grind wo decent progress in between quit of of boredom.

Instead of insulting each other as elitist and noobs try seeing ggg´s point as a profit oriented company,to sell mtx and advertisementz contracts they have to have both a big and invested player base. They just cant stretch too far in either direction without loosing too much.

and snorkle,no matter how long they prolongue the game through grind if ones addicted you will get to that point where you done all.(no offense but seeing as how emotional you react to the position of a video game i have to assume youre addicted)

You even realised this on some level but still wanted the growing experience so you had the maturity to adjust your playstle and gaming experience to your needs through restarting selffound (btw,thats exactly what temp leagues are for)

How self centric can you be to think that other players dont have the same maturity and actually suggest that you are trying to save their gaming experience?!

Other people have mentioned it,once you think youve done all there are different things to do if you still wanna continue playing a game, pvp,try build diversity,try ironman or other challenge runs,skys the limit.

to actually get a bigger playerbase masters definitely help both the new gamers and the no lifers. one wont get stuck because he/she can reliably upgrade their gear and the other one can craft insane gear and try to theorycraft and do ridicilous stuff.
"
Nephalim wrote:
The mastercraft was a brilliant and needed idea, it just needs to be tweaked(nerfed) hard in order to maintain game balance and to prolong poe's lifespan which ultimately is ggg's true goal unless their banking all their money on new leagues to attract donators.

I'd be fine with it if they made meta'd gear Bind-To-Account or equippable only by players who have the respective master at lvl 8 - personal effort, personal reward. But that's not how the game works, you can buy everything and anything - Atziri runs, mirrored gear, whathaveyou. No effort involved.

So how do you suggest they nerf it without screwing - yet again - the regular player who wants to reap his just reward after grinding his masters to max lvl?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info