Marauder now the least wanted class.

Grace + IR, arctic armour, block %, life nodes & immortal call are superior to armour at reducing damage and are available to all other classes. Other classes have better damage output potential as well, so it's no surprise really.

The big drawing points for Marauders should be armour and 2 handed big hitting potential. Oh well.
I'll never stop playing marauder, huge ugly dude smashing things dead!
Though his start does need a bit of a rework, those single element 12% res nodes might be the worst nodes on all the tree.
I'm hopeful they put some good stuff behind blood magic next expansion.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Last edited by mucker on Sep 18, 2014, 7:26:06 PM
"
Insomniask wrote:
i hate both marauders and ranges cuz they are so ugly, i just hate it. marauder walks like a disabled rabbit. ranger looks like a lesbo which made a gender transformation from man to "woman". gross

I hate you because you are a superficial knuckle dragger that doesn't like nuance and intricacy in RPG's... Sorry, didn't really mean it ;-) That slight aside, though, I like the ranger's utilitarian, practical physique. Nothing is more tedious than seeing implausibly sexy women in EVERY SINGLE RPG carving up monsters with narry a scratch on their 90 percent exposed boobs. GGG gets props from me on all of their cosmetic character choices... except that annoying, moody scion.
"
Krayken wrote:
"
"
Krayken wrote:
Imo they need the 1% max res node back. There got to be at least one incensitive to roll a marauder. Right now there is none. Compare their starting area to the shadow. It's sub par.

Shadow isn't gonna roll Riotous Fire and have as much life or life regen. Actually you could but you'd waste a handful of nodes that don't do you much good.
But....ya. I don't see it anymore. Heck the novelty of Riotous Fire wore off pretty quick too when I realized how bad it is at maps ( can't do BM, half or no regen)

So why Play Marauder?

Max res isn't only used to run RF. It can be used to... have better suvivability against elemental attacks.

Ya think?
lol anyways that's not quite enough reason to change your entire build.
They have to buff Marauder's looks. He is ugly as shit, and looks even worse with most gear.

Spoiler
Seriously they need to work something out for BM. Right now it is only good for Shavs builds.
they screwed over maru removing diamond skin and elemental adaptations now everyone is tank as maru without having go waste pts going over there... not to mention they do more dps...fiannly armor sucks balls. a single chest lightning coil has more armor than a 20k maru
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 19, 2014, 2:53:09 AM
Just from my own experience, running some groups here and there, Witches are most common, Templars the least common.
"
Krayken wrote:
Imo they need the 1% max res node back. There got to be at least one incensitive to roll a marauder. Right now there is none. Compare their starting area to the shadow. It's sub par.

You can say the same about the templar and duelist, but they weren't changed a lot recently, so the marauder really stands out. The change to marauder was at best neautral and at worst a nerf, while shadow received an insane buff.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
I used to think marauder was awesome in open beta, now I don't even play marauder or templar, simply because life nodes got nerfed and max resistance is what made them good, now they don't have any of that... there just isn't much point of playing them.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Xantaria wrote:
Nobody plays Marauder anymore.

5 Marauders in top 100 on Beyond.

1 Marauder in top 100 in Rampage.

/discuss

Not an issue. GGG should never balanced based on popularity of something, they should only balance because there is a solid mathematical foundation from which imbalances are evident.

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info