[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
pauldousen wrote:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Consuming_Dark

This good for build or not? If not, tell why, thx.

You can use it for sure but i don't think it's better than any half-decent rare wand for example. This dagger doesn't have any cast speed ir added elemental damage to spells so overall it's quite meh. And the extra crit wont help much because this is not crit build and base crit is quite low.
Does the Vulnerability Curse increase the damage of flame totem?

:)
"
Gunteraz wrote:
"
pauldousen wrote:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Consuming_Dark

This good for build or not? If not, tell why, thx.

You can use it for sure but i don't think it's better than any half-decent rare wand for example. This dagger doesn't have any cast speed ir added elemental damage to spells so overall it's quite meh. And the extra crit wont help much because this is not crit build and base crit is quite low.

well using such a dagger wouldn't be beneficial for "this" particular setup, but i can see how converting 100% fire into chaos could be a thing (with infernal mantle as well).
there would be the benefit of enemies not being normally resistant to chaos damage and would free the fire pen gem sock and also -res curses.
with the base crit of the totem increased to 5% it is possible to increase the dps quite a bit going for items with "free" crit (like infernal mantle) or nearby crit nodes, and all the damage would get the benefits from %fire and %chaos as well.

sadly even if i like the chaos damage theme i can't see how going for it could be worthwhile.
the chaos damage nodes, while being quite strong are also very few and very far from the optimal passive tree making them useless, going full chaos would also mean no ignite thus losing the bonus from celestial punishment.

the free crit from infernal mantle is nice since i see it as a bonus (infernal mantle is an awesome offensive chest even without the crit) but the damage increase from it is just 2.44%.
in my experience in order to get a good return for investing on crit you have to go all the way since the bonus becomes stronger and stronger the more both chance and multiplier go up.

going crit could be an option but good luck doing it without giving up too much survivability or item rarity.
regarding item trades: i don't check the forum often so don't send me PMs about the items i have for sale, just add me ingame and contact me when i'm online.

i'm usually online for a few hours after 20.00 UTC and a lot more during weekends.
Great build, but I died last night at lvl 39 to Kaom. It was my first time fighting him and I was suspecting he would one shot me on normal difficulty.
"
StylishHokie wrote:
Great build, but I died last night at lvl 39 to Kaom. It was my first time fighting him and I was suspecting he would one shot me on normal difficulty.

Sorry about the rip man. How was your fire resistance and total life pool at the time? :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Feel the damage on my flame totems are lacking a bit, just turned level 33, and got the ancestral bond passive skill, up until this point i've had other skills to do damage with beside my totem. After getting ancestral bond i had to rearrange some equipment, but even so, i feel so far that it was a downgrade in damage.

Don't suppose anyone got any tips? My totems are currently doing 150ish dps.
"
Nitrius wrote:
Feel the damage on my flame totems are lacking a bit, just turned level 33, and got the ancestral bond passive skill, up until this point i've had other skills to do damage with beside my totem. After getting ancestral bond i had to rearrange some equipment, but even so, i feel so far that it was a downgrade in damage.

Don't suppose anyone got any tips? My totems are currently doing 150ish dps.

That sounds weird to me, almost anybody I talk agrees that the leveling damage is pretty awesome for this build.

Have you 4-linked your totems or added them into a +1 scepter/wand?
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
So i reached lvl 82 on Warbands using this build, quite please with it so far. Apart from dying on Malachai like 5 times on every difficulty- i havent had any trouble with killing things fast and surviving.

And this is my gear:

My flame totem tooltip dps is 13 263 with Herald of Thunder and flame golem active.
My health is 4257 with HoT and 4894 without it. I also got 904 Energy shield.

Not sure how i should improve my gear next. Any advice would be welcome.
Only thing i can think of myself is getting a 6-link but aint nobody got money for that.

Do you think i could try Atziri already with this setup? How much life/dps should i need before that?
Last edited by Gunteraz on Jul 16, 2015, 8:22:27 PM
I am quite new, but I heard there's a herald of fire. Wouldn't that be better than herald of thunder?
"
mist4lyf wrote:
I am quite new, but I heard there's a herald of fire. Wouldn't that be better than herald of thunder?

It's called Herald of Ash and it gives you part of your physical damage as fire damage, wont help much with flame totem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info