[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

why not the Iron Grip node? i cant get a 6L and its like 2 nodes away from blood magic
edit: nvm it doesnt work with flame totem
Last edited by kesotron on Jul 15, 2015, 3:36:52 AM
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Consuming_Dark

Might be legit for the build. With Infernal Mantle , we can drop Fire penetration for another support gem
Great build, I'm not a beginner but I'm using it for a first character in a new league, and his task is to make some currency :) I picked up Lioneye's Remorse and I'm wondering what's your opinion on picking up some shield nodes, they are pretty close and would give you 90% increased armor from the shield, which is a lot :P I would drop those health/mana regen nodes for shield ones.
"
wentyl wrote:
Great build, I'm not a beginner but I'm using it for a first character in a new league, and his task is to make some currency :) I picked up Lioneye's Remorse and I'm wondering what's your opinion on picking up some shield nodes, they are pretty close and would give you 90% increased armor from the shield, which is a lot :P I would drop those health/mana regen nodes for shield ones.

I actually did this in my previous version of this build. I still think this is an excellent option if you want to invest the points, then go for it! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
kesotron wrote:
why not the Iron Grip node? i cant get a 6L and its like 2 nodes away from blood magic
edit: nvm it doesnt work with flame totem

Exactly. To anybody who wonders why, then the answer to this is that Iron Grip only affects projectile ATTACKS, not spells :)
whats the best support gems for the flame golem in our flame totem build?
depending on how many links you could go for minion ele res, minion life, and life leech for survivability or even blind for utility.
i'm not that satisfied by fire golem anyway, not impactful enough to give up 3/4 links and an active skill slot as well.
regarding item trades: i don't check the forum often so don't send me PMs about the items i have for sale, just add me ingame and contact me when i'm online.

i'm usually online for a few hours after 20.00 UTC and a lot more during weekends.
"
dolan_grey wrote:
depending on how many links you could go for minion ele res, minion life, and life leech for survivability or even blind for utility.
i'm not that satisfied by fire golem anyway, not impactful enough to give up 3/4 links and an active skill slot as well.

I agree for the most part. Golem feels very underwhelming. The damage he does is barely noticeable even with increased minion damage gem. Also the increased minion health doesn't do much, increases golem's health from 9500 to 11500. If he's gonna die without the gem he'll die with it aswell. The life leech doesn't do anything either. Mostly due to fact that the golem is kind of stupid and runs around like headless chicken rather than trying to dps whenever possible. And since his dps is so low the 2% leech he gets simply doesn't amount to much and he'll still dies.However, it takes one quick click of a button to refresh your golem anyway and there are no drawbacks so why even bother? However the 19% damage increase he provides is still quite nice so there's no reason to not have him hang around. However you might aswell not spend 4 slots on him and just stick the gem somewhere by itself and it wont make much of a difference. However this build requires so few gems that i'm keeping him 4-linked for the time being because i have nothing else to put in those slots instead.

And lets not forget the most important part - Fire Golem looks soo cool with flame totem build!
Last edited by Gunteraz on Jul 15, 2015, 2:14:08 PM
"
Kortonx wrote:
Hey Lifting! Enjoying the build so far!
Just curious why you took the Quick recovery and mana regen nodes attached to it. Is the 0.8% life regen part of quick recovery make those nodes worth?

Yea exactly. These 3 nodes are basically equivelent to 3x 5% life nodes, but we get the added benefit of 0.8% life regen as well, which is good together with Zealots Oath =)
What do you think `bout this build?

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBxthYYz38jM_2SF8_Gj58uCku8axXDdlhGS4n7cT2xq4LYa9saPLwH6IA4XOaO4Kb7Dg62CcvkFUaOFnzcg9mnljlwxNaK6Py0iHyQYIH2XwUcQ48378UIO8OEMwrtoxG-JMEs8Bm6-58g6eUXl3R_REtLJztPNWmrY3PflBHBUJBlq6z0PX60h0UjmT3prb6g9tVxjpYm6EYajlSWAePRhZvJKo26eNqDF8cp1OlcYV65mP9RtfaubFCdqwY1_fXrJinCA==

More crit, more life, more atmour and dual curse - arc+curse on hit+flamability+assassins mark

Remaining points could be spent for elemental damage, totem nodes or fast cast

Ash

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info