[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Gunteraz wrote:
So i reached lvl 82 on Warbands using this build, quite please with it so far. Apart from dying on Malachai like 5 times on every difficulty- i havent had any trouble with killing things fast and surviving.

And this is my gear:

My flame totem tooltip dps is 13 263 with Herald of Thunder and flame golem active.
My health is 4257 with HoT and 4894 without it. I also got 904 Energy shield.

Not sure how i should improve my gear next. Any advice would be welcome.
Only thing i can think of myself is getting a 6-link but aint nobody got money for that.

Do you think i could try Atziri already with this setup? How much life/dps should i need before that?

sorry for the noob question but why added cold damage instead of %fire damage on your weapon?
"
kesotron wrote:
sorry for the noob question but why added cold damage instead of %fire damage on your weapon?

I would assume the flat cold damage scales better, than a little extra % damage in his case

Be aware that every % increased modifier is added together, for flame totems this would include Spell Damage, Elemental Damage, Fire Damage and Totem Damage. If you already have 200% on the tree, another 20% fire damage will increase your damage by 6%.
However the added cold is also increased by all of the modifiers above except Fire Damage, so it may get you more damage in total - it depends on a lot of factors though (damage you already do, cast speed, % increased damage etc)
Last edited by ComMcNeil on Jul 17, 2015, 5:51:15 AM
"
Gunteraz wrote:

My flame totem tooltip dps is 13 263 with Herald of Thunder and flame golem active.

can you link passive tree im 59lvl and have 2,2k dps and 4,5k hp
with

and what is better mantla 5l or tabula for dps ?
Last edited by davc1234567890 on Jul 17, 2015, 7:24:44 AM
"
"
Nitrius wrote:
Feel the damage on my flame totems are lacking a bit, just turned level 33, and got the ancestral bond passive skill, up until this point i've had other skills to do damage with beside my totem. After getting ancestral bond i had to rearrange some equipment, but even so, i feel so far that it was a downgrade in damage.

Don't suppose anyone got any tips? My totems are currently doing 150ish dps.

That sounds weird to me, almost anybody I talk agrees that the leveling damage is pretty awesome for this build.

Have you 4-linked your totems or added them into a +1 scepter/wand?

No haven't linked the totems yet, haven't gotten any of the support gems for it, that might be the issue, looks like i have to do some trading.
I always knew how to calculate physical dps but when it comes to wands and scepters I can never tell what is better than what when im trying to find an upgrade to my current weapon. Any tips ?
I've been playing a slight variation on this build in Tempest with good success so far. I played FT to start the past two leagues as well, but usually I play SC.

I just killed merc piety and am sitting at level 68. Gearwise I'm really not quite sure where to go from here.

Currently my dps is pretty poor because I'm still using a crappy blue +1 fire gems scepter. I can't decide if I want to go staff (possibly sire of shards eventually), rare chest, infernal mantle, or some other unique chest.

Belly of the Beast is probably the best defensive option but it's quite a bit rarer this league and I can't even come close to affording it.

Infernal Mantle is great for damage but I'm a bit nervous about the lack of defense on it.

Thoughts?
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
Fixed my damage now, getting those support gems really did the trick so far.

Anyway, got another question, as i've finished with the first part of the leveling passive skill build(34 points), and onto the next part (65 points), should i towards blood magic asap? Or wait till later?
"
kesotron wrote:
"
Gunteraz wrote:
So i reached lvl 82 on Warbands using this build, quite please with it so far. Apart from dying on Malachai like 5 times on every difficulty- i havent had any trouble with killing things fast and surviving.

And this is my gear:

Not sure how i should improve my gear next. Any advice would be welcome.
Only thing i can think of myself is getting a 6-link but aint nobody got money for that.

Do you think i could try Atziri already with this setup? How much life/dps should i need before that?

My reasoning for cold damage is quite simple- i wanted to have all 3 elemental damage types on my totem just for the fun of it and cold damage was missing so i decided to enchant my weapon with it xD.
"
"
Gunteraz wrote:

can you link passive tree im 59lvl and have 2,2k dps and 4,5k hp
with

and what is better mantla 5l or tabula for dps ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABAcEswYOCaoJ9gthDjwQWBDMES0UIBRxGS4aOBo-HwIlvCcvJ-0pLiqNK7YsnCynMjQy0TWSNtg6WDrYPC1FR0WdRtdJG1NSVcZXDVjlWfNaK15dXz9j_WaeaPJxhXIPeGl65nyDfLiCB4Kbg1-DzIPbh2WLjIxGkFWaO5rgogCj8qeUrJitja9sr7exQrc-wGbAmsMTxPbGrs9-0f3SIdR81abYvdlh2XzZ_Nq520_fv-DD4XPr7uw47FXtPO8O8B_xbPGs8i_yQfau-JP53f4K?accountName=Gunteraz&characterName=Morgon

Here you go- it's almost exactly the same as posted by LNB in the first post, only difference is i don't have the Totemic Zeal cluster and the area around there (Total of 6 skillpoint difference).
Oh, i also took +15 to all resistances node for the time being to make it easier to cap my resists. Once i upgrade my gear a bit i'll spec out of it.
Last edited by Gunteraz on Jul 17, 2015, 2:31:51 PM
Could anyone tell me if this helm is viable for this build at all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info