[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Couple questions from a total newbie:

You mentioned in the video to stop leveling certain gems at certain levels. Are there any other gems that I should stop leveling as well? or do I level my main damage ones as much as I can?

Also are there any cheap uniques that I should try to trade for leveling up?

Thanks
"
Rocksteadee wrote:
Couple questions from a total newbie:

You mentioned in the video to stop leveling certain gems at certain levels. Are there any other gems that I should stop leveling as well? or do I level my main damage ones as much as I can?

Also are there any cheap uniques that I should try to trade for leveling up?

Thanks

Any other skill-gems other than the ones I mention specifically should be leveled all the way to max :)

I wouldnt suggest trying to trade for uniques to level with to begin with. These type of items are great if you want to relevel, but I would save my currency for when you actually start to need the items to progress =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
HeideNoir wrote:
The difference I found between Witch and Marauder is instead of the max hp and %armor, it's 16%+12% spell damage, I already have a level 68 Marauder, is it worth starting a witch for that?

Marauder is just as good a choice as the witch. The marauder simply gets a bit more tanky whereas the witch gets a bit more damage.
The same goes for templar btw =)
I've been trying this with a repecced marauder and it seems to do pretty well even with an under leveled FT, but I'm running an Infernal Mantle and looking at that ES just sitting there and thinking...would it be better to go EB/MoM at this point? I'd be able to run Anger and it looks like with just an ES helm I could pretty easily hit the 1k break. Would it be worth a shot at adapting the build? Or is giving up life regen with Zealot's Oath necessary and too high a cost to pay?
Since you mentioned the great benefits of using the Clear Mind Jewel, I had a look at the other unique jewels in 2.0, that might have synergies with this build:

1) Fevered Mind (20-30% increased Spell Damage, 100% increased Mana Costs of Skills)
This seems to be Clear Minds little brother. It has only 50% of its potential, but it is not limited to 1. The higher mana costs might be not as bad with blood magic. All in all okay but definately not great.

2) Spire of Stone (3% Totem Life per 10 Strength in range, Totems are immune to stun)
There are 3 jewel places not too far from the main path (2-3 skillpoints needed) that also have 100-120 Strength near them. Without further investment are already 50-70 Strength taken near them. I'm not sure if not skilled strentgh in range does also count ... I wonder if ~15% Totem life and stun immunity would be worth it.

3) Rain of Splinters (30-50% reduced Totem Damage, 2 Additional Projectiles)
30% less damage for 2 extra projectiles could be a good trade.
I think we would end up with 5 projectiles total (flame totem level 20) which is nice.

4) Fireborn (All Increases and Reductions of Different Damage Types are transformed to Fire Damage)
Sounds good on paper, but i can barely find a good spot for this. Best spot might be at the witch (near power charge) to gain access to lightning damage nodes.

These four jewels are the only other unique jewels that I can think of for this build. But even then, their benefits are by far not as big as from Clear Mind.
Can you make a passive progression guide for templar please
Hi Lifting,

If I can get a 6L Infernal Mantle, what would you thoughts be on socketing Item Rarity instead of Iron Will?

The reason I ask is because I like the idea of getting the most rarity from ALL mobs, not just bosses, and while I can do it, I dislike having to summon two different totems just to cull and MF. I would lose DPS which is inevitable, but at 7.5K with a 5L at 77 I'm already clearing fairly quickly. I may be underestimating the loss of DPS by not having Iron Will.

I'd appreciate you thoughts.
"
Stuffed4Life wrote:
Hi Lifting,

If I can get a 6L Infernal Mantle, what would you thoughts be on socketing Item Rarity instead of Iron Will?

The reason I ask is because I like the idea of getting the most rarity from ALL mobs, not just bosses, and while I can do it, I dislike having to summon two different totems just to cull and MF. I would lose DPS which is inevitable, but at 7.5K with a 5L at 77 I'm already clearing fairly quickly. I may be underestimating the loss of DPS by not having Iron Will.

I'd appreciate you thoughts.

Hey man!

You can definitely do that. A 5-link deal lots of damage by itself, so it should become a problem :)
"
evil199 wrote:
Can you make a passive progression guide for templar please

Maybe later mate, I don't have the time right now.

However you simply need to pick up the elemental and spell damage in the beginning then branch into the planned skill-tree, then go for Ancestral bond and then blood magic.

Try watching the video for a better overview =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info