[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

So i specced out of Totemic Zeal cluster and i feel no difference whatsoever. I genuinely don't understand what the Totem Placement Speed is supposed to do for Flame totem. It feels like this cluster is designed mainly for spell totem and attack totems.
Last edited by Gunteraz on Jul 12, 2015, 4:32:11 PM
Hi LiftingNerdBro thanks for the guide. Playing this build on Warband.

I decided to go with templar. So I can rush to Ancestral Bond. Where the dps begins. And then grab Blood Magic. So i can forget about mana problems. Gampley is easy and smooth. Sometimes boring ... :)

Ancestral Bound
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUB-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmBLOiAOFzmjuCm-w4OtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPZp5Y5cMTWiuj8g==

Blood Magic
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUB-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmBLOiAOFzmjuCm-w4OtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPZp5Y5cMTWiuj8vAfaPKvbAthxq7E9iftGS7ZYVcN0iHyQYIH2XwUcQ48378=

Any idea where I should go next? :)

Cheers.
Yo bro
Good build ! rly good for fresh starters as well.
Died 3 times because of greed. :P
But Im an experienced player and in this league I dont have the currency for testing so here is my question:
Is it better to play in a 3L with Totem > firepen > fastercast +2 firegems in a weapon or a normal sceptre or wand with lets say 40+ spell dmg, flat dmg to spells + 4L(In a chest, gloves whatever) totem > firepen > fastercastin > X?
Last edited by Kisato on Jul 12, 2015, 4:57:42 PM
Hey, nice build! I am currently level 40 and just got to Cruel without much trouble but I seem to be lacking damage now and I am not sure how to increase it.
What do you suggest I do? I'm a marauder so getting the int to use wands is kind of hard, and good sceptres never drop. Besides, what should I use as off-hand? :O
"
Gunteraz wrote:
So i specced out of Totemic Zeal cluster and i feel no difference whatsoever. I genuinely don't understand what the Totem Placement Speed is supposed to do for Flame totem. It feels like this cluster is designed mainly for spell totem and attack totems.

It makes a significant difference to me.

Being able to summon your totems that much faster is incredibly handy. It indirectly inreases the totems damage as well.

Besides that it makes your totems cast faster, which directly increases your damage :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
"
Gunteraz wrote:

It makes a significant difference to me.

Being able to summon your totems that much faster is incredibly handy. It indirectly inreases the totems damage as well.

Besides that it makes your totems cast faster, which directly increases your damage :)

How does it make your totems cast faster? Either tooltip is bugged or the cast speed doesn't apply to flame totem because when i specced into or out of it my dps didn't change. I also did not notice any chance in the speed of summoning the totem.
"
Gunteraz wrote:

How does it make your totems cast faster? Either tooltip is bugged or the cast speed doesn't apply to flame totem because when i specced into or out of it my dps didn't change. I also did not notice any chance in the speed of summoning the totem.

cast speed helps a lot:

http://i.imgur.com/weCGiKB.jpg
Last edited by Elua on Jul 12, 2015, 6:47:22 PM
"
Elua wrote:
"
Gunteraz wrote:

cast speed helps a lot:

Yes i understand that, but the particular cast speed in this particular cluster in question doesn't apply to flame totem.

What im trying to say is- Cast Speed, a.ka nodes that say "3% increased Cast speed" increase the dps of flame totem. The "Spells cast by totems have 5% increased cast speed" from the "Totemic Zeal" cluster doesn't increase the dps at all, not even by 0.1. This is according to the tooltip. When you pick up normal "increased cast speed" node the change in dps is immidietly visible in the tooltip. So either the tooltip is bugged for this one or this cast speed doesn't apply because technically flame totem doesn't cast spells but flame stuff (which is still affected by your spell damage/elemental damage etc and your cast speed).
I'm assuming "Spells cast by totems have x% increased cast speed" nodes are meant for spell totems that cast actual spells.

The 2.5-ish second longer lasting totem is nice aswell as the speed in which you summon your totem but the change seems so small. The totem already appears instantly so why spend 3 points on tiny quality of life improvements if you could boost your actual surviviability or dps instead? And if you also leave out sentinel (which is nice but nothing spectacular) you save 6 points - which is a lot.
In the end, my question remains- Is that cluster worth the points in your opinion? My opinion is no- assuming the tooltip is correct.
Last edited by Gunteraz on Jul 12, 2015, 7:57:38 PM
"
Gunteraz wrote:
"
Elua wrote:
"
Gunteraz wrote:

cast speed helps a lot:

Yes i understand that, but the particular cast speed in this particular cluster in question doesn't apply to flame totem.

What im trying to say is- Cast Speed, a.ka nodes that say "3% increased Cast speed" increase the dps of flame totem. The "Spells cast by totems have 5% increased cast speed" from the "Totemic Zeal" cluster doesn't increase the dps at all, not even by 0.1. This is according to the tooltip. When you pick up normal "increased cast speed" node the change in dps is immidietly visible in the tooltip. So either the tooltip is bugged for this one or this cast speed doesn't apply because technically flame totem doesn't cast spells but flame stuff (which is still affected by your spell damage/elemental damage etc and your cast speed).
I'm assuming "Spells cast by totems have x% increased cast speed" nodes are meant for spell totems that cast actual spells.

The 2.5-ish second longer lasting totem is nice aswell as the speed in which you summon your totem but the change seems so small. The totem already appears instantly so why spend 3 points on tiny quality of life improvements if you could boost your actual surviviability or dps instead? And if you also leave out sentinel (which is nice but nothing spectacular) you save 6 points - which is a lot.
In the end, my question remains- Is that cluster worth the points in your opinion? My opinion is no- assuming the tooltip is correct.

I honestly think it's a bug - it should give more DPS. We are using a totem, and it is a spell, it meets all the required keywords from the passive node.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
heya, following this build, love it ! :D

One thing i dislike, i dont have enough dexterity for my faster projectiles, have to stick to a necklace with pure dex and gloves with atleast 10 dex, now also keeping all my gems of intellect around level 10, else i need more int aswell.

kinda annoying to get int or dex on items
+res
+life
+good armour

Though, still a good build :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info