[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Lifting can you explain why we are running blood magic since it doesnt need much mana to roll totems?
The finished Marauder tree basically lays out things for you already, just work your way along it and fill the branch sections when you reach them while grabbing one or two things early/late if your item choices are lacking in an area.

The Marauder is the LEAST confusing of the three builds, since you don't have to jump back and forth in different directions.
"
anmin0104 wrote:
Lifting can you explain why we are running blood magic since it doesnt need much mana to roll totems?

Hey dude! I explain this a few times in the video, but in short: Clear Mind and Infernal Mantle and least but not last, skill-point efficiency :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
The marauder leveling trees have now been added.
"
sv_cheats wrote:
"

One more time... you post this guide under Marauder forums and yet you not provide any leveling tree for Marauder - only to witch - and that is shame because of yesterday problems with tree viewers I rolled marauder and I have no idea how to level UP - only finished tree is provided by you. Could you please provide leveling trees for Mara? Would be thankful.

Your feelings are understandable, as a beginner guide there should be more tips leveling especially when cross posted to different class forums.

This is what I did for the early leveling; http://poeurl.com/zsg5Iul

Grab the health nodes and Ground Slam your way to Ledge, hit the way point and pick up your Flame Totem to start supplementing your damage. At this time I also pick up Freezing Pulse and Fire Trap from Nessa (1 Wisdom Scroll on page 2) because they do a pretty good amount of damage, I stop using melee at this point. I purchase a Turquoise amulet when I get a chance or find one on the ground, transmute, augment, and pray it gets something nice. Keep your eyes open for a 3link wand or scepter and Ruby Rings. You're going to trade a magic wand or scepter with a ruby ring and an alteration orb to create a +1 fire wand/scepter. You want to color it RBB eventually (Flame Totem + Faster Casting + Added Lightning Damage) but any color is fine for now, green is pretty useful since you can just throw your Fire Trap in there.

I beeline it to the Versatility node (You'll unspec out of this later) and then to Blood Magic. Around Act 2 you're going to have to find a Witch, Scion, Shadow, or Templar to buy you Added Lightning Damage and Faster Casting, should be an Alteration each. I grab the 30 Int/Dex nodes which you'll eventually spec out of some time when you have better gear. You're probably in act 3 now so keep an eye out for a 4Link you can color RRBB (Flame Totem + Faster Casting + Added Lightning Damage + Fire Penetration), you need to do the Library quest in normal to get fire pen. Your main priority is to grab Ancestral Bond in preparation for Act 4, we take the outside path by the Templar (Yeah, its a lot of travel nodes) to get it and at that point its up to you what you want, life or deeps.

This post is so great. Thank you very much :)

"
The marauder leveling trees have now been added.

Thanks mate :)
It's great!!

is it viable according to you?
obviously i come from solo mf 1.3... i had 3,9k dps gmp + shotgun
Last edited by Sgravion on Jul 11, 2015, 6:29:52 AM
"
Sgravion wrote:

is it viable according to you?
obviously i come from solo mf 1.3... i had 3,9k dps gmp + shotgun

Yes it should work fine. There are many things you can improve in terms of affix choices on your gear (see the suggested affix priorities in the guide) but it should work fine :)
The difference I found between Witch and Marauder is instead of the max hp and %armor, it's 16%+12% spell damage, I already have a level 68 Marauder, is it worth starting a witch for that?
Last edited by HeideNoir on Jul 11, 2015, 10:15:55 AM
"
sv_cheats wrote:
"

One more time... you post this guide under Marauder forums and yet you not provide any leveling tree for Marauder - only to witch - and that is shame because of yesterday problems with tree viewers I rolled marauder and I have no idea how to level UP - only finished tree is provided by you. Could you please provide leveling trees for Mara? Would be thankful.

Your feelings are understandable, as a beginner guide there should be more tips leveling especially when cross posted to different class forums.

This is what I did for the early leveling; http://poeurl.com/zsg5Iul

Grab the health nodes and Ground Slam your way to Ledge, hit the way point and pick up your Flame Totem to start supplementing your damage. At this time I also pick up Freezing Pulse and Fire Trap from Nessa (1 Wisdom Scroll on page 2) because they do a pretty good amount of damage, I stop using melee at this point. I purchase a Turquoise amulet when I get a chance or find one on the ground, transmute, augment, and pray it gets something nice. Keep your eyes open for a 3link wand or scepter and Ruby Rings. You're going to trade a magic wand or scepter with a ruby ring and an alteration orb to create a +1 fire wand/scepter. You want to color it RBB eventually (Flame Totem + Faster Casting + Added Lightning Damage) but any color is fine for now, green is pretty useful since you can just throw your Fire Trap in there.

I beeline it to the Versatility node (You'll unspec out of this later) and then to Blood Magic. Around Act 2 you're going to have to find a Witch, Scion, Shadow, or Templar to buy you Added Lightning Damage and Faster Casting, should be an Alteration each. I grab the 30 Int/Dex nodes which you'll eventually spec out of some time when you have better gear. You're probably in act 3 now so keep an eye out for a 4Link you can color RRBB (Flame Totem + Faster Casting + Added Lightning Damage + Fire Penetration), you need to do the Library quest in normal to get fire pen. Your main priority is to grab Ancestral Bond in preparation for Act 4, we take the outside path by the Templar (Yeah, its a lot of travel nodes) to get it and at that point its up to you what you want, life or deeps.

Thank you for sharing your method as well mate :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info