[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

spell, elemental, and fire are all the same for flame totem, so on your weapon try get the most out of any of these, on an opal sceptre you can get over 100% increase.
If you get all three on one, a good master craft is the 1% fire dmg leeched as life, which leeches life for your totem (not you) and keeps it alive a lot longer
Random purchase from Elreon xD

Buffed up my tooltip dmg by over 100, 1466 now (this times 10 if all projectiles would hit same target I guess). And the crit ain't that bad either. :)

Now just looking for a better one, as I have no use for the mana for example.
Last edited by armiel on Dec 23, 2014, 2:55:20 AM
Awesome build, I'm only lvl 59 and on the way to kill Piety in merc with that stuff (which is almost only self found, I only bought the body armor and 5L it with only 2 jew & 2 fus ! (ty RNGod)

I think I'll go for a Belly of the Beast since you only rely on flasks (and regen) to gain life. The only drawback is resistances that are not really high..

Gear

Get a RBBGG on the chest will be really hard (FT+GMP+AddChaos+Faster Cast+Faster Proj), even RRBBG will be hard too (drop Faster Proj for Fire Pen, I'm not really happy with that since the proj speed is really sweet..)

Edit : I'm also thinking about used a Trap+Q20 Shock Nova + Ele Prolif to spread shock
And what do you use people to cull boss ? Another FT with Culling Strike + IIR ?
Last edited by Akalamiammiam on Dec 23, 2014, 11:49:08 AM
Hello,

a newly exiled player here (my 2nd character in PoE). Not having any difficulty so far, but i'm still in the molten strike phase. Some questions/observations.

1. I guess the Stone of Lazhwar is on the list for the spell block-property. Is that still good in 1.3.0 with the smaller amount of block? Also can a master (Elreon I think) craft anything onto uniques? I just found one a few days ago (low int roll but max cast speed).

2. To get lmp you pretty much need to trade for it, right? Unless you get really lucky with drops.

3. I started as templar, so this is my endgamish passive tree idea(work in progress). Just specced blood magic and waiting to get flame totem and ancestral bond.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUA-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmBLNFR6IAMtHhc_AfuJOaO2jyp5SnCIKbr2zR_dgk7DhM_zbFJy88LR8CkFXE9sauBAcaOD0PJ-23PhDMg9vAGiSLGS4GDv4KK7ZVxnGFZp4GOdlh1HzYvYxGOlh65ljlgFZXDQn2NZL4k6yYY_3DE0990iHxrLXy8WxG11orUWDyQSkubqo22Nq5o_KCB3y4SshJG7FC2XwaPj8nKo0UcV8_ZITsVQ489kgGoCyn37-Mz_m9SsQ9_PauWGPG2K2Nz35-4nk5Kk0VINE2CTPiLO081aY=

Not that different I think besides the templar start. Is it reasonable to go for Arsonist and the witch area's fire nodes last or does the character need the dmg earlier?

4. Since the build has one socket-item unused, would it gain something from the new counterattack-gems? It could cast a curse or would a blind or chance to flee be useful?

Any comments would be appreciated. Your videos are also very good and informative, thanks.
Small update, got a BBRRG on my chest piece (ty Vorici, 200 chroms with 2b1g craft, the first one give me BBBRG..)
And that lovely scepter !

"
dichroist wrote:
2. To get lmp you pretty much need to trade for it, right? Unless you get really lucky with drops.

Being such a casual "newb" player myself, I can't really comment on the other things, but this I can confirm. Seems to be the case for both marauder and templar.

I had one of those lucky drops myself - acquired LMP as a drop in a room just before entering Domi's boss room in normal. Helped immensely. :)
Good Safe Build thanks LiftingNerdBro awesome (HC BL)
Last edited by RaPsKa on Dec 26, 2014, 6:19:34 AM
Thanks for the build tips for 1.3, was looking for something quick to try for Marauder and this seems great so far.

Not sure if you've tried it, don't see any mention of it - but Reckoning works with Ancestral Bond, and since this build has a shield and not many gem requirements, it may be cool to throw in. It even allows for a Life Leech gem to be linked~

Spoiler
http://poestatistics.com/users/seibar/
My gear so far with 2.4k dps, level 70
Spoiler
"
superjack010 wrote:
This build is amazing. I'm flying through content and the other deaths I've had since I started using all the CWDT setup was from me tabbing out.

I've got low level gear, but at this point I'm not sure it matters. :D

The only issue I'm having is lack of intelligence and dex. I picked up a dex node but I plan on speccing out. What should I do about the int situation? I'm down 100 int from being able to use a wand. Should I get some 65 yellows and craft int on them?

I think you need to change your CWDT setup in your Geofri's Crest.

As I've read here:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_when_Damage_Taken
"
The order in which they are linked determines the order in which they cast (e.g.: Cast when Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call will cast Enduring Cry first, allowing Immortal Call to consume the charges immediately. In the other order, Immortal Call with consume existing charges, then new charges will be produced by Enduring Cry). The top end of the linked sockets (for four-links, the top left socket) is the first in the order, followed by each socket down the line, following links.

So, you need to place the gems in the right order from the top left socket.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info