[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
eajcook wrote:
I'm following this build and want to switch over to FT now, is it better to acquire a tabula rasa or get a white 5 link and alch it and chaos until it's useable? Just wondering what people think.

Hi, I would say that would depend on what you need. Personaly I would go with the 5l instead because I am in bloodlines and need as much defense as i can get. If you went with the tabula you would have more dmg but it would be a lot harder to get max res and good life and the tool tip dps would only increase by a few hundred with a 6l anyways depending on your gear of course. Now if you had a tabula and not a 5l then sure use it for awhile but keep an eye out for good 5ls or try to craft yourself a good one.

Well that's my 2 cents,
ReTank
In rampage I had two ft setups, one 6l for DMG and one with ft, gmp, iir, and culling (or use heartbreaker on switch for cull)
It always culled.

For party's tho you can switch out on ur 6l or 5l for iir and cull.
Thanks for this guide!

Very easy to follow, and indeed suitable for a little newer players (or those who have had long pauses in playing like I did). Easy leveling easy bosses easy maps easy life!

Currently lvl 76 blasting through ~68 maps, don't have many higher ones yet, wanna save up to not have to start over from earlier phases. The build is fun, does decent damage, and is tanky as heck as well. Zana was nice enough to put me through Coward's trial as her first mission (dunno if that is the case every time) and I lived through the -without lying fifty to hundred mobs- at the end while being cornered and hitting on my totems and flask like crazy. :D

I recently got myself

it's the only unique item suitable for the build I got so far, otherwise I'm running rares only. Got a few decent wands waiting in my stash, but gotta wait till I have the int to run one of 'em.

Haven't found or made a 5-6 link yet either, been doing just fine with my 4-link.

Rest of my gear puts my resists to 76-75-73 at the moment, along with more armor, life, MF...

Also, I never ever soloed Domi on any level before (unless I was WAY over leveled/geared), but with this build I was able to tickle him down about 5 levels underleveled. I also don't do hardcore, but this build would be easily viable I think, unless you get stupid luck and are even more stupid yourself, and find yourself against a double tormented spirit Kole who moves like a race car and hits like a truck. Died like 5 times just trying to get to the high ground.... xD

Anyhows, a lot of needless blabber when I'm just trying to thank you for this great build. Thanks!!
"
armiel wrote:
Thanks for this guide!

Very easy to follow, and indeed suitable for a little newer players (or those who have had long pauses in playing like I did). Easy leveling easy bosses easy maps easy life!

Currently lvl 76 blasting through ~68 maps, don't have many higher ones yet, wanna save up to not have to start over from earlier phases. The build is fun, does decent damage, and is tanky as heck as well. Zana was nice enough to put me through Coward's trial as her first mission (dunno if that is the case every time) and I lived through the -without lying fifty to hundred mobs- at the end while being cornered and hitting on my totems and flask like crazy. :D

I recently got myself

it's the only unique item suitable for the build I got so far, otherwise I'm running rares only. Got a few decent wands waiting in my stash, but gotta wait till I have the int to run one of 'em.

Haven't found or made a 5-6 link yet either, been doing just fine with my 4-link.

Rest of my gear puts my resists to 76-75-73 at the moment, along with more armor, life, MF...

Also, I never ever soloed Domi on any level before (unless I was WAY over leveled/geared), but with this build I was able to tickle him down about 5 levels underleveled. I also don't do hardcore, but this build would be easily viable I think, unless you get stupid luck and are even more stupid yourself, and find yourself against a double tormented spirit Kole who moves like a race car and hits like a truck. Died like 5 times just trying to get to the high ground.... xD

Anyhows, a lot of needless blabber when I'm just trying to thank you for this great build. Thanks!!

In my opinion, checks XYZ. For a sceptre with spell power and cast speed, then use the thing in your hideout to add some fire damage. The sceptre adds ele damage., and usually only required about 100int opposed to 200ish.

Will post mine when I get home.

E;

Last edited by Rant on Dec 22, 2014, 11:57:59 AM
I have a Question :

If you wear Infernal Mantle do you have with BM 100 % mana or 0 % ??

0%, its similar to Going CI which is not considered Low life. (I think?)
What master adds fire damage to a one hand weapon like a scepter?
Thanks Addister,

didn't even think about scepters, will have to see if I can get my hands on a nice one. :)
Try get a opal sceptre for the 20% ele DMG implicit.
"
Rufus66 wrote:
Try get a opal sceptre for the 20% ele DMG implicit.

I didn't really see many opal sceptres, can any one confirm which mod increases the most or if they are the same? Spell damage, ele damage or fire damage? I'd assume fire and ele would be the same.

So been kinda wondering what to use in the extra 4 socket...
I saw on the forums something that seemed kinda interesting

Trap + puncture + pshyical projectile + point blank.

Seemed kinda interesting.
Last edited by Rant on Dec 22, 2014, 9:40:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info