[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
"
Gosen wrote:
Infernal Mantle conversion to chaos and lack of HP is not good choice for this particular build, but of course properly vaaled can provide lot of damage. I would still go for Lioneye, it's free 17% more damage after all with decent defense. I guess Infernal Mantle for sc and medium tier content, while Lioneye for hc and endgame.

As someone who is saving up to 6 socket a lioneye, can I request that you report back on what the dps situation would be after the new patch comes out? I would hate to waste 1500 fusings if that means I end up with less damage than with a Mantle. Thanks.

On the bright side, there doesn't seem to be any major nerfs coming for this build otherwise.

Flame Totem on level 20 with 15 level pierce is better than pure Totem on 21 (but not 22!).
But I didn't count fire% and crit from Mantle (it's not a crit build anyway + 35% increased considering we have much from Clear Mind and passives shouldn't make huge difference + chaos conversion breaks penetration). And remember about life amount and armor, which Lioneye provides. Go for Mantle only if you don't care about defense and vaaled it to +2. Otherwise I can't see why not go for Lioneye. We use 3b and 3r, so chroming it is on the same difficulty. I'm going to drop elemental focus to self-cast endurance charges, but it will be probably huge dps loss, anyway I'll need only 2b, so Lioneye is better for me in that matter too. I really hope that adding Anger will mitigate the dps loss from dropping elemental focus, but if not then I'll try to be less lazy and cast endurance manually (I hate it so much, though).

That being said, Arctic Armour thing bugs me as well. I mean is it okay to drop it, I wonder.
Casting totems gives opportunity to be stationary so defensive gain is considerably good, still the life reservation sucks and it's a bit problematic when I want to add Anger too.
Last edited by Gosen on Sep 1, 2016, 8:02:31 AM
Would this build perform better ENDgame with crit? or is it just a balance of losing hp over crit?

Also on the life and AA topic- While you reserve that life its not the same as losing that ehp because the hp your left with has another layer of defense on top of your other reduction to physical and fire.
So you gain benefit over fire and phys but I suppose lose on other damage types bc you have lower overall HP

I want to run this build but I'm split over this one or Lopi's build, wich I ran his last version as a templar. A little squishy but my gear wasnt top notch..havent tried lioneyes armor either way. It was hard for me to keep fortify buff up though so I could ditch that but I'm undecided oh whirling blades/flame dash/lightning warp.

I would say Vaal lightning trap and vaal grace are great for this build.

Also is it ever worth it to drop Hinekora for Ramako/tukohama? I feel like it is not unless your really lazy and dont want to self cast EC
Last edited by FrooostyTheBlowman on Sep 1, 2016, 9:54:28 PM
Doing this build to start out on atlas of worlds! Can't wait. Have not done dual flame totems since long before ascendancy and it has been nothing but buffed since then.

Great build lifting and thanks as always. Wish I could get all points on ascendancy though, id love to get tukohama, war herald and tawhoa, forests strength as well :(

Should deff update build with some of the changes mentioned I think though. Lioneye's vision seems much better than infernal mantle even for a beginner build. Pierce + life + armor.

Also getting essence worm ring and socketing in an anger seems like a really good upgrade.

Enjoy all!
Can Lioneye armor , or any armor for that matter, be corrupted into +1 gem levels?
"
Can Lioneye armor , or any armor for that matter, be corrupted into +1 gem levels?

Yes.
However, due to the way the flame totem damage increases per level, the more extreme you go with increasing it above 20 the better it gets. Hence the absolute highest dps is with a Mantle that has +1 corrupt.

That's why the most common thing to do is to corrupt a Tabula Rosa. It is already 6 linked and if you are lucky with +1 gem level then it would be a great levelling unique.
Last edited by VallenChaosValiant on Sep 2, 2016, 6:14:20 PM
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
Doing this build to start out on atlas of worlds! Can't wait. Have not done dual flame totems since long before ascendancy and it has been nothing but buffed since then.

Great build lifting and thanks as always. Wish I could get all points on ascendancy though, id love to get tukohama, war herald and tawhoa, forests strength as well :(

Should deff update build with some of the changes mentioned I think though. Lioneye's vision seems much better than infernal mantle even for a beginner build. Pierce + life + armor.

Also getting essence worm ring and socketing in an anger seems like a really good upgrade.

Enjoy all!

You are most welcome. Just keep in mind that is a bit slow until you get Anscestral Bond :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Going to knock the dust off my Dual FT Marauder this patch and see how he looks for endgame farming with some Chieftain points applied! I can't wait, this has always been one of my favorite builds; good to see it's been steadily buffed.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Doesn't so far seem like a good starter build. Act 2 norm the damage is really bad and so is life. I have a +1 sceptre and 20% spell damage. No idea how I will get by the Weaver. Literally took more than a minute to kill Foxflay. It also feels like it's going to leave me with inadequate life for Malachai fight.

I wonder if anyone who has done this build can tell me when this it gets better? Is it all the way to cruel or in normal at some point? Can't even curse until Act 3 but not sure that's going to help 25 dps. I'm aware gem level is important but it seems twink is more important.
Last edited by raziekeljr on Sep 3, 2016, 12:21:58 PM
It's slow going wait til you get ancestral totem atleast and level up fire totem to like 8 or 9 atleast and have atleast a 3 link. til then Im spectral throwing with ancestral warcheif...basically whatever else til you can grow your totem prowess. It will get better and better at that point
"
raziekeljr wrote:
I wonder if anyone who has done this build can tell me when this it gets better? Is it all the way to cruel or in normal at some point?

I started with this build. I've just finished act 3 normal, currently level 36, and the build is smooth after getting to ancestral bond. Using essences of Woe on your weapon, and of Anger on your jewelry helps a lot.

Base DPS is 494,6/totem, 585,2 with Anger and 615,5 with Anger + Flame Golem. Once you get Blood Magic you have to give up Anger (at least until you get your hands on an Essence Worm). I'm chugging mana potions.

My Gear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info